Early Saver, pre cruise trip brochure

Cristaltips

Is anyone aware that P & O no longer send out a pre cruise trip brochure to people on Early Saver fares? It used to be the case for Late Saver, understandably but never on the Early Saver. No mention at all in any Terms & Conditions. Wonder when it came into effect. Anyone know?

Thanks Nevleen, that is really interesting. We booked through an agent and certainly haven't ticked the box ourselves, but it does seem to be ticked. There is no mention of this booklet not being available on Early Saver in any of the terms and conditions but it does appear on their Q & A page. Very devious I think. I'm currently waiting to hear from Pando re omission from T & C. I know it's not a big deal but it's a 10k pp holiday and I want to be able to sit and look at trips with other half not hunched over laptop. Sorry, rant over!!!

I am afraid some..but not all....travel agents are quite sneaky now, as they ask if you have access to the internet for printing off tickets etc...and if you say yes, then they tick the "green" box for you...but dont tell you. This applies to Select fares as well....

I am sure it benefits them and the cruise line....somehow.

We have received both of ours for October 2017 cruises on early saver, minus labels as cabin had not been allocated then. You have to make sure you didn't tick the go green box.

Hope this helps.

I've searched on my cruise personaliser but I can't see any information regarding the go green box. Can you please tell me how I can find out whether I've ticked it, because I honestly can't remember.

Thanks, Les.

I've searched on my cruise personaliser but I can't see any information regarding the go green box. Can you please tell me how I can find out whether I've ticked it, because I honestly can't remember.

Thanks, Les.

Homepage of CP - look at the box on the left in the 'To do' box where you enter passport details, visa requirements etc, tickets and luggage labels appear etc. The top one 'Holiday Details' is the one you're looking for. Tick it and you're agreeing to going Green i.e. you download your own holiday information. Leave it unchecked and you get your booklet: either complete with luggage tabs if you're Select and without luggage labels if you're Early Saver as your cabin won't have been allocated at the point that brochures are posted out.

Homepage of CP - look at the box on the left in the 'To do' box where you enter passport details, visa requirements etc, tickets and luggage labels appear etc. The top one 'Holiday Details' is the one you're looking for. Tick it and you're agreeing to going Green i.e. you download your own holiday information. Leave it unchecked and you get your booklet: either complete with luggage tabs if you're Select and without luggage labels if you're Early Saver as your cabin won't have been allocated at the point that brochures are posted out.

Thanks kruzseeka, it looks like I have ticked it at some stage as there are boxes to download my etickets and luggage labels, but there is no tick box there to uncheck. I'm not very happy about this as I didn't realise the implications. Why can't P&O make things clearer, especially for newbies like me. Do you know if there is an option somewhere to opt out of go green after the box is ticked?

Les.

I haven't ticked the go green box, but I was under the impression that my booklet wouldn't be sent until around 12 weeks before, but the tours have been bookable for weeks. We have booked the ones that we wanted as some are very size limited and are now wait listed, so my point is, if you wait for your booklet, some tours may already have sold out,

I like the booklet too.

Last year when I used a TA I said not to tick any boxes as I wanted to receive one. She told me P&O didn't issue them any more. I informed her that they did and I got one.

Obviously I've now ditched the TA. I don't know if she was lying or ignorant, but either way of no use to me.

I have been told directly by P and O that only select fare passengers will get them now. It changed in early August and if you booked any sort of saver fare the wrong side of that date, you won't get one. The box will be automatically ticked and all documentation will have to be retrieved online. Not sure how much it will save them financially with printing and postage but that's obviously the reason. Mind you, we get some sort of mailing from them at least once a week promoting cruises. Perhaps they could cut back on that a bit.

I have been told directly by P and O that only select fare passengers will get them now. It changed in early August and if you booked any sort of saver fare the wrong side of that date, you won't get one. The box will be automatically ticked and all documentation will have to be retrieved online. Not sure how much it will save them financially with printing and postage but that's obviously the reason. Mind you, we get some sort of mailing from them at least once a week promoting cruises. Perhaps they could cut back on that a bit.

Thank you for that up-date which clearly changes what I believed to be the case. We got the booklet on an Early Saver fare for a cruise this month but that was sent prior to the August change. Oh well, at least we know what to expect now!