Lifeguards on teh Brilliance Aug. 29th, 2017

nelblu

I'm not sure if this has been covered by a previous thread, but on this 12 nite Medit. itinerary, there are 3 lifeguards stationed in the 3 pools on the Brilliance. There's one each at the Solarium, Main & Children's pool. Did not notice any lifeguards on our Feb. Navigator cruising out of Miami. Don't know if new or instructed by the European authorities or too many lawsuits. Felt bad for the lifeguard at the main pool. After breakfast at WJ, went to get towels for our Ravenna Beach Tour and saw this lonely lifeguard (7:30 AM) standing guard with not a soul around the entire pool area. It reminded me of Herb Alpert's "Lonely Bull ." Wonder if same at children and solarium.

Also, noticed in the daily planner indicating cameras on some Security personnel as part of their uniform.

I'm not sure if this has been covered by a previous thread, but on this 12 nite Medit. itinerary, there are 3 lifeguards stationed in the 3 pools on the Brilliance. There's one each at the Solarium, Main & Children's pool. Did not notice any lifeguards on our Feb. Navigator cruising out of Miami. Don't know if new or instructed by the European authorities or too many lawsuits. Felt bad for the lifeguard at the main pool. After breakfast at WJ, went to get towels for our Ravenna Beach Tour and saw this lonely lifeguard (7:30 AM) standing guard with not a soul around the entire pool area. It reminded me of Herb Alpert's "Lonely Bull ." Wonder if same at children and solarium.

Also, noticed in the daily planner indicating cameras on some Security personnel as part of their uniform.

Lifeguards started this summer on Oasis and may (will) be fleetwide. One consequence is that pools (not hot tubs) now close when lifeguards are off duty. This was 11pm on Oasis.

Lifeguards have been on every ship in the fleet for a few months now. I noticed a few security folks with body cameras... I have mixed feelings about the technology.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's a necessary need to protect crew members and the company from unneeded accusations. Just like police have cameras to capture the blow by blow events events.

When we were on Oasis on May they had two stationed at the little adult pool in the solarium. That pool is so small and so shallow, it seems unnecessary there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It doesn't take much water for someone to drown, so they are covering all bases. My son used to work as a lifeguard and more than once, he was stationed at the end of a blow up slide that had a shallow splash puddle at the end. You never know if someone will hit their head and end up face down in water.

It's a necessary need to protect crew members and the company from unneeded accusations. Just like police have cameras to capture the blow by blow events events.
I understand their purpose. I just question their practicality. Their focus is very narrow. They can't see what the officer is seeing out of their peripheral vision etc.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk