Empress Junior Suites on Cuba cruise

rkaplan

We are sailing in 2 weeks and just upgraded to JS. I have read several posts and not sure if we get anything extra for the upgrade. Basically on Empress you get "a little" more room and a balcony. For anyone who has previously done this cruise, what "extras" are included with the Junior Suite. I have read some people say you get free water, coffee maker in room, etc.

Thanks for you help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing in 2 weeks and just upgraded to JS. I have read several posts and not sure if we get anything extra for the upgrade. Basically on Empress you get "a little" more room and a balcony. For anyone who has previously done this cruise, what "extras" are included with the Junior Suite. I have read some people say you get free water, coffee maker in room, etc.

Thanks for you help!

JS Perks on Empress:

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card

JS Perks on Empress:

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Silver Seapass card

Thanks! What does a Silver Seapass card do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is "free" water ALL OVER THE SHIP! Any bar or restaurant will give you ice water upon request. Make sure you ask for ice to be in your cabin daily, so you can have ice water in there, too! The water that comes from your sink is the same water they use in the food, ice and beverages! And...it's INCLUDED in your fare!

There is "free" water ALL OVER THE SHIP! Any bar or restaurant will give you ice water upon request. Make sure you ask for ice to be in your cabin daily, so you can have ice water in there, too! The water that comes from your sink is the same water they use in the food, ice and beverages! And...it's INCLUDED in your fare!

I agree we always refill a water bottle on the ship. It is easy.

I agree we always refill a water bottle on the ship. It is easy.

I do as well, 40+ cruises.

However, the tap water on Empress in June was undrinkable - several fellow pax mentioned it too. There was a funky, moldy taste to it that I have never before encountered on a ship.

Due, no doubt to the age of the systems.

Take all the bottles of water they offer you, for this reason, and it is quite hot and muggy in Havana. Be sure to drink only bottled water on shore.

You have a JS, so I believe you may have a fridge.

There are no fridges in any other cabins. Also a first for me, I was in an OV..

I do as well, 40+ cruises.

However, the tap water on Empress in June was undrinkable - several fellow pax mentioned it too. There was a funky, moldy taste to it that I have never before encountered on a ship.

Due, no doubt to the age of the systems.

Take all the bottles of water they offer you, for this reason, and it is quite hot and muggy in Havana. Be sure to drink only bottled water on shore.

You have a JS, so I believe you may have a fridge.

There are no fridges in any other cabins. Also a first for me, I was in an OV..

We had a JS on the Empress back in July, and there was NOT a fridge. Would have been nice to have one, but there wasn't one. Heck, there really wasn't even room for one.

OP- be aware- the JS on the Empress are about the same size or smaller than normal balconies on most other ships. To us, it was still worth it, as we were out at 6am watching us come into port just like we were out when we left. Totally awesome.