Grandeur of the Seas faulty info

elruth

I haven't sailed RCI for over 20 yrs.I think their website is difficult to navigate. I made reservations for a Jan 6th cruise on Grandeur of the Seas. The cruise consultant said the cabin on deck 7 had cabins above and below it. I just happened to check and on deck 6 just below our cabin is the lounge where they have music etc. Please someone tell me that in cabin 7636 that the beat of the music from below doesn't interfere with sleep! The consultant had told me that below were only conference rooms and never mentioned a lounge with music .I would not have booked had I known but of course we have made final payment and have paid for airfare.

Shouldn't be much of a problem. Generally that lounge is little used. Looks like your cabin will be above the bar anyway. If there is a band in there it would be on the other side. I believe the stage area is on the port side next to the Diamond Lounge.

They will occasionally have a band in there, maybe Karaoke. But I wouldn't think you would hear too much and it won't be that often.

I don't think there is much of anything going on in the South Pacific Lounge past 11:30 on any night. Never seen anything that late in there. Quest is usually the latest thing going on in there and that should be over by 11:30.

Mary Anne

It seems what you see on the screen on the ship maps is much more accurate than the information that they have in front of them.

I have had them tell me that rooms are not connecting staterooms even though I can see they are on the screen - and when I get on board - they are indeed connecting.

I think they have very limited resources when it comes to seeing the deck plans.

• 1 year later...
I haven't sailed RCI for over 20 yrs.I think their website is difficult to navigate. I made reservations for a Jan 6th cruise on Grandeur of the Seas. The cruise consultant said the cabin on deck 7 had cabins above and below it. I just happened to check and on deck 6 just below our cabin is the lounge where they have music etc. Please someone tell me that in cabin 7636 that the beat of the music from below doesn't interfere with sleep! The consultant had told me that below were only conference rooms and never mentioned a lounge with music .I would not have booked had I known but of course we have made final payment and have paid for airfare.

Hi -

I know it's been a while, but would love to hear how did that cabin turn out? I have it next month. Thanks!

Hi -

I know it's been a while, but would love to hear how did that cabin turn out? I have it next month. Thanks!

I really can't remember but I think I was able to change the cabin before we made the final payment.