SERENADE Sept 17-28,2014 REVIEW w/lots of photos

Thanks for the pics.
Very nice photos. Thanks.

Wow, Just noticed the two of you posted on this review yesterday ... Nice to know fellow CC'ers still appreciate older reviews to find info. This is my fave review and in my top 3 cruises all time. Thx for the kind words :)

Wow, Just noticed the two of you posted on this review yesterday ... Nice to know fellow CC'ers still appreciate older reviews to find info. This is my fave review and in my top 3 cruises all time. Thx for the kind words :)

I just read your review for the second time.[emoji1] The first time it was because I was cruising on the Serenade and I skimmed over most of the port information. This time I scrolled past the ship information and read all the port details, since we're booked on a HAL cruise in April with many of the same stops. If possible, I'm even more excited than I was before!

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

we're booked on a HAL cruise in April with many of the same stops. If possible, I'm even more excited than I was before!

Cindy

Wow.... 2 days in Malta!!! Lucky you. That is an absolutely superb itinerary.

Make sure you're up super early for Venice sail-in as the ship likely enters the channel really early and docks at the pier way before 8am. I'm guessing the captain may enter the channel around 6am and will likely be passing by St. Marks even as early as 7am if not earlier. Ask the staff on your sailing and see what they advise you.

Have a totally awesome cruise... should be a trip of a lifetime :D:D

Wow.... 2 days in Malta!!! Lucky you. That is an absolutely superb itinerary.

Make sure you're up super early for Venice sail-in as the ship likely enters the channel really early and docks at the pier way before 8am. I'm guessing the captain may enter the channel around 6am and will likely be passing by St. Marks even as early as 7am if not earlier. Ask the staff on your sailing and see what they advise you.

Have a totally awesome cruise... should be a trip of a lifetime :D:D

Thanks! We chose that cruise specifically for the itinerary. We're starting with three nights in Rome before the cruise, then staying an extra night in Venice after. We're also going to Ljubljana for a couple days before we fly home. I'm beyond excited, and have planned my excursions in all the ports already (all private). Now I just have to figure out how to pay for all of it!:eek:

• 5 months later...

Hoopster95

Came across this review last night, many years later its still very relevant. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into to it. I felt like it was there with you. Our upcoming May med cruise it hitting some of these ports and the info on Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik is fantastic. Dubrovnik is one of our fav ports but last time we were there the cable car was not even built so looking forward to some of the aerial views.

Kotor just got added to our itinerary, replacing Turkey and has been on my bucket list for years. Your review now enforces that even more.

Hoopster95

Came across this review last night, many years later its still very relevant. Thank you so much for all the effort you put into to it. I felt like it was there with you. Our upcoming May med cruise it hitting some of these ports and the info on Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik is fantastic. Dubrovnik is one of our fav ports but last time we were there the cable car was not even built so looking forward to some of the aerial views.

Kotor just got added to our itinerary, replacing Turkey and has been on my bucket list for years. Your review now enforces that even more.

Thank you for the kind words :)

Having been to both Ephesus and Kotor, they're both awesome in their own right... but the sail-in/sail-away value and just the general outdoor scenery and location made Kotor one of my favorite ports I've ever been blessed to visit. You will have am awesome cruise!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...