Problems booking Seaside in category SE3 - Aurea Grand Suite

houseofduck

My last response from them a few days ago was that they still had not received the sizes and dimensions of the GS !

Hey Sidari, have you heard anything in the last month?

I'm really curious to see what I've booked. I know it's not a 2 BR, I hope it's at least a true 1 BR.

I am a travel agent who booked 11003 almost a year ago when it was supposed to be a 2bdr. I even called 3 months ago and after being on hold for almost an hour was confirmed again that it would indeed be a 2bdr. I called yesterday, and I obviously know that it is indeed a 1bdr. They offered my money back or to be in two cabins joined. Obviously that has been offered to other pax. I communicated to them that they should communicate this to the people who have booked and was met with crickets. It really is a shame! I would have really preferred to have booked YC as the price was similar when I booked and obviously tht is not avaible anymore. I won’t cancel because I am really looking forward to the ship. I guess if everything is full I can’t expect an upgrade so what would make the situation right? Any ideas?

I am a travel agent who booked 11003 almost a year ago when it was supposed to be a 2bdr. I even called 3 months ago and after being on hold for almost an hour was confirmed again that it would indeed be a 2bdr. I called yesterday, and I obviously know that it is indeed a 1bdr. They offered my money back or to be in two cabins joined. Obviously that has been offered to other pax. I communicated to them that they should communicate this to the people who have booked and was met with crickets. It really is a shame! I would have really preferred to have booked YC as the price was similar when I booked and obviously tht is not avaible anymore. I won’t cancel because I am really looking forward to the ship. I guess if everything is full I can’t expect an upgrade so what would make the situation right? Any ideas?

Best of luck! We were originally in 14002 and realized early on it was a 1/1 with what now appears to be a small balcony and maybe metal partition rail? One night months ago at 1AM a YC became available and we switched. We had MANY days of "crickets" and not being honest from MSC. To the point they said "take it or leave it!" We asked them to put us on a waitlist for the YC but realized on CC bookings were happening for YC by others but we were never contacted. Happily, we were able to take things in our own hands. Keep checking.

Kathy

We were in 14002 thinking it was a 2 bed. Then read everything on here to find out not only is it not a 2 bed, but is the smallest of the GS's, with what looks like a large steel structure right above our balcony. We escalated our dissatisfaction to a senier CS rep back in July and was promised it would be looked into. By the end of August still no word so I gave her a poke, to be told that she still didn't know what specs the rooms were.

I got tired of waiting so proactively changed our room to 11003 last month when it became available because if they decided that I was staying put I wanted to be best placed.. I then contacted again about the layout to be told that as I had changed to a room that was acceptable to me that would be the end of it.

We were in 14002 thinking it was a 2 bed. Then read everything on here to find out not only is it not a 2 bed, but is the smallest of the GS's, with what looks like a large steel structure right above our balcony. We escalated our dissatisfaction to a senier CS rep back in July and was promised it would be looked into. By the end of August still no word so I gave her a poke, to be told that she still didn't know what specs the rooms were.

I got tired of waiting so proactively changed our room to 11003 last month when it became available because if they decided that I was staying put I wanted to be best placed.. I then contacted again about the layout to be told that as I had changed to a room that was acceptable to me that would be the end of it.

Glad it worked out for you. Certainly must be the one taking the reins!

Glad to hear it worked out for you. When are you sailing? Maybe you can enlighten us about 11003. Thanks

I was also booked in one of the center Grand Suites that was supposed to be a 2/2. I received an email in August advising us that it was not a 2/2. It was a generic mass email so I'm surprised you didn't receive one.

Hello Golfusaofcs,

i am having the same issue. I contacted and informed about all this situation. In the first time they told that cabin should have the original layout (2+2), but then i sended an url about this post and the USA Website showing that only 3 center GS would have the 2+2 layout. Then, the day later, they replied me and changed the information on the brazilian website, saying that this info (only 3 cabins were 2+2) was there since the first day of selling (in the mid of 2016). Of course it was a lie, a replied again with the printscreens from april this year, showing that they NEVER informed this issue. After that, they informed that they would send all these informations, including my printscreen, to Italy. This was one month ago...

I sended another email asking for a second cabin (since some friends here received the same compensation) and they did not even replied me.

And the worst, i spoke directly with the Customer Service Manager (Brazil) and he agreed with me that this was wrong. He never called back and do not answer my phone calls no more. It's amazing, they really act like mobsters! They sell lies and act like you were wrong, even if you show all the proofs...

It's amazing, they really act like mobsters! They sell lies and act like you were wrong, even if you show all the proofs...

Victor ... little wonder some of the crew call them the Mafia Shipping company ... :o

I'm curious. What is the number of passengers who read cruise critic and are aware of the fact that they may end up with a 1 bedroom suite when they are expecting a 2 bedroom verses the actual number of passengers who are likely to show up and have no idea that they have been downsized until they walk into the room. Does MSC have any intention of warning unsuspecting guests ahead of time? I'm still hoping for a 2 bedroom on the Seaview but expecting a 1 bedroom. Had I known this far in advance, I would have tried to book a suite in the yacht club. I would rather have gone in knowing for sure that I had a 1 bedroom in the yacht club then not knowing what to expect in the Grand Suite.

They did send out a generic email in August advising people in the center GS that they were not all a 2/2. I booked in the US so I'm not sure all passengers received the email, but they're not just leaving it out there for people to find out on their own. They may not have fixed everyone's situation, but they did alert passengers to their mistake.

I'm curious. What is the number of passengers who read cruise critic and are aware of the fact that they may end up with a 1 bedroom suite when they are expecting a 2 bedroom verses the actual number of passengers who are likely to show up and have no idea that they have been downsized until they walk into the room. Does MSC have any intention of warning unsuspecting guests ahead of time? I'm still hoping for a 2 bedroom on the Seaview but expecting a 1 bedroom. Had I known this far in advance, I would have tried to book a suite in the yacht club. I would rather have gone in knowing for sure that I had a 1 bedroom in the yacht club then not knowing what to expect in the Grand Suite.

They did send out a generic email in August advising people in the center GS that they were not all a 2/2. I booked in the US so I'm not sure all passengers received the email, but they're not just leaving it out there for people to find out on their own. They may not have fixed everyone's situation, but they did alert passengers to their mistake.

We live in the US and we're never sent any email or other communication regarding GS changes. We found on our own through generic sites months ago. Multiple calls, emails etc and powers in charge denied the changes for a long period then promised they would get us another cabin or a YC cabin even stating we were on a waiting list. Never happened! We stalked the MSC site and luckily procured our own YC. As I said previously never an apology or "we will make this right"! So yes we were on our own.

I'm not sure why some but not all would have gotten an email. Only the center GS (ending in 001) were supposed to be 2/2 and were showing as 2/2 on the website even in early August. The corner GS (ending in 002 and 003) were already showing as 1/1 by then, so maybe that's why?

I have no idea, but on August 22nd, we received the following:

Dear Guest,

We are looking forward to having you aboard MSC Seaside, which is sure to be the hottest and most state of the art new ship sailing the Caribbean when she debuts in December 2017. Onboard you’ll enjoy a unique 360 degree waterfront boardwalk with outdoor restaurants and bars, modern pools with breathtaking sea views, and a wide variety of Mediterranean and international cuisines, including a specialty pan-Asian dining experience created by award-winning Chef Roy Yamaguchi.

As MSC Seaside is a brand new ship with a completely different layout and design than any other ship in our fleet, we wanted to share with you the details of your Grand Suite as well as the experience you booked. Your 1 bedroom/1 bathroom Grand Suite accommodates up to 5 guests and includes a queen bed (can be converted into 2 single beds), a double sofa bed as well as a Pullman bed. Your stateroom also includes a spacious balcony area where you can unwind and relax and take in some of the best ocean views on the ship. As part of the Aurea Experience, you’ll also receive a number of perks, including:

• Priority Boarding
  • Unlimited beverages with the All-Inclusive Classic Drink package
  • Complimentary room service from 6 am – 11 pm
  • My Choice Dining in which you can arrive anytime you’d like for dinner with priority lane access to complimentary restaurants
  • Spa package, which includes a massage of your choice from the spa menu (up to 1 hour), private wellness consultation and free access to the Thermal Area for the duration of the cruise (available for adults only)
  • MED by MSC room diffuser
  • Access to the private solarium

We are looking forward to having you be one of the first to experience the revolutionary MSC Seaside. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact your travel agent or MSC Cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

I was fortunate enough to get a rep who actually went the extra mile to look at cabin measurements and didn't tell just on layout and cabin code. I got a 2+2 and totally feel the pain some of you have faced

MSc should make it right or at least offer a helluva of discount to compensate. Wish you all the best of luck

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I posted the same message in the Seaside Interior Rendering thread.

I just did a dummy booking on Seaside for December 2018. The image of the Grand Suite that showed up is a Center GS with a separate Bedroom and Living room. This particular image was definitely a One Bedroom. The Bedroom had a seperate entry door and furniture includes two chairs on one side. My guess is, this is one of the few center GS cabins that is strictly a One Bedroom.

cid:879EB78C-A3E6-4E0A-96C0-52D49AD5FD33

Sorry, I am not sure why the image did not come up. The sailing date was 12-29-18 for anyone interested.

• 1 month later...

I have been dealing with same issue after about 4 phone calls and dealing with the director of reservations they were not able to give me the 2 BD 2 BATH, which I had originally booked.

So here is what they gave me I still have cabin 12002 and now they have given me 12004 which is right next door at no extra cost. The cabin is not connecting but the wrapped balcony is. Good luck.

I have been dealing with same issue after about 4 phone calls and dealing with the director of reservations they were not able to give me the 2 BD 2 BATH, which I had originally booked.

So here is what they gave me I still have cabin 12002 and now they have given me 12004 which is right next door at no extra cost. The cabin is not connecting but the wrapped balcony is. Good luck.

Wrapped balcony? I don't think any of the corner Grand Suites have a wrapped balcony. From the rendering published it looks like they all have a side balcony and a porthole facing forward (decks 11, 12, 13 and 14).

If someone at MSC told you 12002 has a wrapped balcony, well if true it will be a nice surprise for all who booked a corner GS.

Wrapped balcony? I don't think any of the corner Grand Suites have a wrapped balcony. From the rendering published it looks like they all have a side balcony and a porthole facing forward (decks 11, 12, 13 and 14).

If someone at MSC told you 12002 has a wrapped balcony, well if true it will be a nice surprise for all who booked a corner GS.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/MSC-Seaside