Just off Harmony Oct 21st....any questions??

womack214

Hi & welcome back! Besides the Windjammer, where is there to eat on embarkation day for lunch??? We are sailing on 12/2/17 and a different, less crowded option might be the way to go.

Park Cafe in Central Park.

Hi & welcome back! Besides the Windjammer, where is there to eat on embarkation day for lunch??? We are sailing on 12/2/17 and a different, less crowded option might be the way to go.

Besides Park Cafe: Solarium Cafe, Cafe Promenade, Sorrento's, Boardwalk Dog House, Mini-Bites, Vitality Cafe.

Curious, do you consider Canadians as non Americans?

I like to think that we are not awful. Although I have met a few, I try not to lump us all together.

The problematic guests tended to be European and mostly South American.

Got off the 14th as well and this was a very real issue. Way too many of the non-American guests were awful, inconsiderate, and rude. We didn't notice a similar issue last year in October though we did sail Carnival last year. Maybe a different crowd? I'm not sure. We'll try October again and hope for the best. Definitely avoid MSC :)

I think you have to remember what is “rude” to Americans isn’t always the same way in other cultures. Have to try and remember that and respect the differences. Some cultures believe it not cordial to eat a meal with one hand in your lap yet Americans do that. It’s just a difference in culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you have to remember what is “rude” to Americans isn’t always the same way in other cultures. Have to try and remember that and respect the differences. Some cultures believe it not cordial to eat a meal with one hand in your lap yet Americans do that. It’s just a difference in culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some things are hard to simply "respect." Like the Eastern European who doesn't understand the line at the buffet. Basically pushed his way in front a young woman. About 5 people standing there were all in shock and the man appeared completely unaware of his rude behavior. Do we just appreciate his cultural differences? Or the South Americans who piled their family of 10 jumping, screaming kids into the cantilever tubs while others were quietly relaxing... then proceeded to apply thick sunscreen IN the tub... Or the South Americans that decided to throw a loud party with their young children at the new splash pad on Harmony... you know, the misting leaves in the ages 16+ solarium. Or the people who smash their way into the elevator without letting you exit first - then you have to push them out of the way just to get out. It just goes on and on but one thing remains a constant, none of them are English speaking Americans. Somehow this behavior is comparable to an American with their arm on their lap while eating? That's a stretch. I'm not the only person to mention this about recent Harmony cruises. It's an actual thing. Not enough to ruin a cruise or anything, but it's enough to start a conversation :)

Did you eat lunch in the main dining room? Thanks for posting tips from your cruise!

I did lunch in the dining room the week prior on Harmony. Thought it was pretty darn good. Breakfast was overcrowded in the dining room and wouldn't do that again, though. But lunch was nice. Had a couple items including a lobster roll.

Some things are hard to simply "respect." Like the Eastern European who doesn't understand the line at the buffet. Basically pushed his way in front a young woman. About 5 people standing there were all in shock and the man appeared completely unaware of his rude behavior. Do we just appreciate his cultural differences? Or the South Americans who piled their family of 10 jumping, screaming kids into the cantilever tubs while others were quietly relaxing... then proceeded to apply thick sunscreen IN the tub... Or the South Americans that decided to throw a loud party with their young children at the new splash pad on Harmony... you know, the misting leaves in the ages 16+ solarium. Or the people who smash their way into the elevator without letting you exit first - then you have to push them out of the way just to get out. It just goes on and on but one thing remains a constant, none of them are English speaking Americans. Somehow this behavior is comparable to an American with their arm on their lap while eating? That's a stretch. I'm not the only person to mention this about recent Harmony cruises. It's an actual thing. Not enough to ruin a cruise or anything, but it's enough to start a conversation :)

AMEN!!! And here I thought my teens were going to be a problem, LOL It may have just been a really, really bad week to be on that ship. But unfortunately, it was also full of unhappy guests who hated to be going to 3 completely different ports. Nothing can be done now, but it sure was an eye opener, not only to my family, but apparently to others.

AMEN!!! And here I thought my teens were going to be a problem, LOL It may have just been a really, really bad week to be on that ship. But unfortunately, it was also full of unhappy guests who hated to be going to 3 completely different ports. Nothing can be done now, but it sure was an eye opener, not only to my family, but apparently to others.

Right? I have been on plenty of cruises but never noticed so many inconsiderate foreigners before, ever.

I assume you still had a great time anyways!

What do you think the percentage of American guests? We got off Harmony on the 14th and I have to say it was only about 25-30% if that. Trying to decide if it is just this time of year, port, itinerary or ship. A lot of us had issues with language barriers and rudeness.

Not trying to start an issue, but trying to decide if we need to skip October all together.

No way. We were on the cruise that ended on the 14th as part of a back to back. Way over 50% American. American passengers were the majority. I'd put it easily at 60%.

No way. We were on the cruise that ended on the 14th as part of a back to back. Way over 50% American. American passengers were the majority. I'd put it easily at 60%.

I agree. I'd think around 60% American. But 40% foreign is a fairly substantial amount, too.

I agree. I'd think around 60% American. But 40% foreign is a fairly substantial amount, too.

Yes - and not that there's anything wrong with a higher % of non-US citizens but the % was not anywhere nearly as low as the 25-30% American initially stated above. I did not think it was too far off (if at all) from previous cruises we have taken.