Confused First time on Princess

PoolSlider

Hello. First time to try Princess. We have a booking on Regal for next summer and very excited by the itinerary. This morning I was really looking at cabin options to see if I made the right choice and noticed the square footage can vary widely within the same category. For example, Deluxe Balconies were anywhere between 222 to 303 sqft. Some had sofas and some not but all were Deluxe. Is that a website snafu? Are cabin sizes and pics accurate? Because I would totally prefer to have a cabin with a sofa at the same price. Thanks for any clarification/advice!

Hello. First time to try Princess. We have a booking on Regal for next summer and very excited by the itinerary. This morning I was really looking at cabin options to see if I made the right choice and noticed the square footage can vary widely within the same category. For example, Deluxe Balconies were anywhere between 222 to 303 sqft. Some had sofas and some not but all were Deluxe. Is that a website snafu? Are cabin sizes and pics accurate? Because I would totally prefer to have a cabin with a sofa at the same price. Thanks for any clarification/advice!

Almost all standard balcony cat. cabins have the same size and designed interiors. Balcony cat. cabins do not have sofas. Interior space is approximately 186 sq. ft.

As it is with standard balcony cat. cabins almost all deluxe balcony cabins have the same size and designed interiors, approximately 197 sq. feet. Deluxe balcony cabins have a two seat sofa.

Any difference from the normal size or design is shown in red print when you select a cabin on the Princess web site.

The the square footage shown on the Princess web site includes the balcony. Most balconies are approximately 9' x 4' = 36 sq. feet. Some cabins have larger balconies.

Regarding pricing. Some standard balcony cabins may be fared higher then the lowest priced deluxe balcony cabin. This can happen due to location on the ship, or obstructed view vs. non obstructed view.

If you provide us with the cabin numbers of the examples you refer to you can get a more accurate response.

We had a deluxe balcony on our first cruise on the Regal. I thought because it was a TA that the extra room would be nice. The only difference is the very small sofa. The balcony is the same size. Since we have been on the Regal again and have a cruise booked over New Years on the Regal, we have booked the regular balcony on both. If you can get it for the same $$ it would be fine. It was not worth it to us for the sofa. Other wise we could see no difference in the room.

Don't forget to buy 100 shares of Carnival stock for OBC every time you sail.
I'm glad I bought mine, but we have sailed on two or three cruises a year since I did. If someone is just an occasional cruiser, purchasing the shares may not make sense.

Yeah, for what the stock cost now, I think it would take 100 cruises. I couldn't possibly afford to take 100 cruises before I was too old to enjoy myself.

It's not like you're giving that money away...:D

After all, their stock has been rising for years...

Don't forget to buy 100 shares of Carnival stock for OBC every time you sail.

:D

You only have to buy them once.;p haha I know what you mean. Be sure to send in your shareholders statement for every cruise to recieve your obc.

I was hesitant to purchase the stock when it was at about $60 a share. Since then I have recieverd $250 obc and have two more cruises coming up with $250 obc each. The stock is worth about $750 more than what I paid. (it fluctuates daily) and we get about $180 per year in dividends.

Not a bad deal even at the high price I paid.:beer-toast:

We had a deluxe balcony on our first cruise on the Regal. I thought because it was a TA that the extra room would be nice. The only difference is the very small sofa. The balcony is the same size. Since we have been on the Regal again and have a cruise booked over New Years on the Regal, we have booked the regular balcony on both. If you can get it for the same $$ it would be fine. It was not worth it to us for the sofa. Other wise we could see no difference in the room.

We also had the deluxe balcony on the Regal and except fo the sofa, it is almost the same including balcony. The cabin is deeper by about a foot but very neglible to consider if the price difference is not worth for a sofa.