Thoughts on Vision?

Hello all! I tried to do a search and didn't come up with anything in the forum here. I live in the Houston area and am aware that Vision of the Seas will be here for a few short months.

I usually have limited vacation and am already booked for another cruise on a different line here in a few weeks. Stars have appeared to have aligned for me to be able to take a second shorter cruise this year.

I have only been on one RCCL ship (Liberty) so I am wanting to gather everyone's option on Vision. The reviews on CCs website aren't very reassuring, however I'm usually a positive person and am willing to give it a try. Just a note traveling to another departure port is not possible at this point.

What say you CC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our 2 favorite cruises of all time were on The Rhapsody, Vision's sister. Voyager class is the largest we've been on and we still prefer Vision class. Smaller, more intimate, lacking in all the bells and whistles of the larger ships which was fine with us. No royal promenade which was ok since there were enough areas around the centrum for people watching.

We traveled with our 18 year old and she loved it.

Have smooth sails and blue skies no matter what you choose.

I don't know what the stops will be out of Galveston on Vision, but the ship is wonderful. Easy to get around on. You don't really know you are on a "smaller" ship. My daughter and I sailed on the Vision in 2014 and loved her. I would go on her again in a heartbeat.

The itinerary I'm looking at is a 5 day only going to Cozumel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know what the stops will be out of Galveston on Vision, but the ship is wonderful. Easy to get around on. You don't really know you are on a "smaller" ship. My daughter and I sailed on the Vision in 2014 and loved her. I would go on her again in a heartbeat.

Maybe Key West????:cool:

Vision is doing 4 and 5 night sailings from Nov '17 to through April '18.

4 night goes to Coz and back

5 night goes to Coz and alternates between Costa Maya and Progresso.

We did 7 nights on Vision for spring break 2 years ago and had a great time. The kids loved the kids club, we enjoyed time alone as well as time together. Never felt like the ship was small. Never felt like anything was missing.

Don't book room 3000 though. It is directly over the anchor and it's not a pleasant wake up call lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We are doing 26 nights on Vision this summer on a B2B. This is our first RCI cruise so I have read every thread and review possible about Vision. My take is that most people love Vision if they are not focused/overly in to the Oasis/Quantum class ships. If you are ok with the smaller ships (if you can really call the Vision class small...I think thats pushing it a bit) then I think you will like the Vision. Most of the really bad reviews seem to be comparing it to the much newer ships. I even read one review where they were comparing it to Regent and Crystal. Of course you will be disappointed if that is what you are expecting. We are super excited to be on her for a month, I think its going to be a great ship!

Hey LeesSummitCruiser we are from LS too! Small world!

We recently had a 7 night Arabian cruise on Vision. It is a nice ship and the schooner bar was always popular. We prefer the bigger ships because there are a lot more things to see and do but a lot of people prefer a smaller ship with less people but I gave everything a 10 on the post cruise survey so enjoy.

love sailing with RCCL

Vision is doing 4 and 5 night sailings from Nov '17 to through April '18.

4 night goes to Coz and back

5 night goes to Coz and alternates between Costa Maya and Progresso.

Where is Progreso? I'm only seeing cruises to Cozumel and Costa Maya.

Where is Progreso? I'm only seeing cruises to Cozumel and Costa Maya.

I don't see Progreso either.

I am seeing it on multiple sailings including the very first one leaving 11-06-17

11/06 Galveston - Texas

(Depart 04:00 PM) 11/07 Cruising 11/08 Yucatan (Progreso) - Mexico

(07:00 AM - 04:00 PM) 11/09 Cozumel - Mexico

(09:00 AM - 06:00 PM) 11/10 Cruising 11/11 Galveston - Texas

(Arrive 07:00 AM)

I am seeing it on multiple sailings including the very first one leaving 11-06-17

11/06 Galveston - Texas

(Depart 04:00 PM) 11/07 Cruising 11/08 Yucatan (Progreso) - Mexico

(07:00 AM - 04:00 PM) 11/09 Cozumel - Mexico

(09:00 AM - 06:00 PM) 11/10 Cruising 11/11 Galveston - Texas

Are you seeing this on Royal's US website?

On what site? That's interesting cause I'm showing 5 night sailings that only go to Cozumel on the RC website. Glitch possibly? Gonna have to look at that more closely.

Not on Royal's site. Checked 3 different "major" online agencies.

Here is another:

Vision Of The Seas

5 Night Caribbean - Western

Departing from Galveston, Texas

Ports of Call: Galveston, Texas | Progreso, Mexico | Cozumel, Mexico

ItineraryInsideOceanviewBalconySuite November 6 306 USD 353 USD 618 USD 718 USD

On what site? That's interesting cause I'm showing 5 night sailings that only go to Cozumel on the RC website. Glitch possibly? Gonna have to look at that more closely.

There are 2 stops on the 5 nights, some of them show a blank stop which if you click on is Progresso.

I really hate that Vision is staying such a short time. We are booked on a five day in November and back 2 back 5 days in April right before she leaves. I hope RC brings another smaller ship to Galveston for short cruises.

I agree with you! We are also booked on 5-days in December and April. I'm hoping she'll be back for the fall 2018 season! :hearteyes:

Just come off vision and thought she was in fantastic shape - very clean and hardly any sign of wear and tear . Crew was fantastic , captain very visible (and great singer). Only slight criticism was difficult to get sun loungers because of chair hogs - wish there was some way for crew to monitor loungers that weren't being used. Also entertainment in theatre wasn't the best though the Motown singer was fab and Beatles tribute band also ok.

There are 2 stops on the 5 nights, some of them show a blank stop which if you click on is Progresso.

Yay. I booked April 11th - 5 night to Cozumel and Progreso. I've been to Progreso but BF has not. In an oceanview with a window, Deck 2. Never been on Vision and haven't been on a Vision class for 10 years.