Majesty of the Seas Drydock 1/24-2/4 2018

ew101

In the Hotel Director talk at the Crown and Anchor event aboard on 8/30/17 a 2018 drydock was mentioned with dates but no other details. This ship seems to be "offline" for bookings during that time. Is there any speculation of what might be changed/added?

• 1 month later...

So I was going to ask if there was any update to this, but I just received an email from Royal cancelling my February 16 cruise.

They wrote the following: "The schedule for her upcoming maintenance puts us back into service later than originally planned. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes and the impact on your vacation.

We do have some options that we have put together for you. "

Basically they cancelled all of the February cruises as well so looks like it might be a bigger dry dock than originally planned. So now I'm looking for a new cruise! Kind of a hassle but this is the first time anything like this has happened to me so I guess it was just my turn! :p

So I was going to ask if there was any update to this, but I just received an email from Royal cancelling my February 16 cruise.

They wrote the following: "The schedule for her upcoming maintenance puts us back into service later than originally planned. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes and the impact on your vacation.

We do have some options that we have put together for you. "

Basically they cancelled all of the February cruises as well so looks like it might be a bigger dry dock than originally planned. So now I'm looking for a new cruise! Kind of a hassle but this is the first time anything like this has happened to me so I guess it was just my turn! :p

Thanks for the update, I wonder what the new end date is for the dry dock?

All Feb Cruises on the Majesty of the Seas have been cancelled due to dry dock.

I see no cruises available in Feb. I see one cruise inb March (March 6th), and then it looks like the normal schedule picks up in April. Maybe they are still working on the schedule, because I would expect more March dates to be available.

I see no cruises available in Feb. I see one cruise inb March (March 6th), and then it looks like the normal schedule picks up in April. Maybe they are still working on the schedule, because I would expect more March dates to be available.

No March 6th, the first schedule sailing is March 5th. Need any help let me know, I am a TA

I wonder why there are no MJ cruises on the price protected list. There are some in January

Most likely because they think they can make more money by not allowing them. I'll bet a lot of people cancel rather than drive to Miami. I would if I lived close to PC.

Most likely because they think they can make more money by not allowing them. I'll bet a lot of people cancel rather than drive to Miami. I would if I lived close to PC.

That’s what I will be doing. PC is about as far as I’m willing to drive at 6.5-7 hours. Miami is another 4 hours beyond that. Not willing to drive it and cost prohibitive to fly it, so cancel it is!

Captain Goran on MJ in September said the lengthy dry dock was needed to "take care of many things below decks that the guests never see".

Chops was rumored for a long time to be placed where Compass Deli is now and other close by space. Captain Goran also said that Chops is now being planned for half of the Viking Crown lounge and now there will be plenty of time do make that happen. And that Compass Deli, Johnny Rockets and Sorrento's take a lot of pressure off MJ's smaller Windjammer.

Rick and Deirdra

Captain Goran on MJ in September said the lengthy dry dock was needed to "take care of many things below decks that the guests never see".

Chops was rumored for a long time to be placed where Compass Deli is now and other close by space. Captain Goran also said that Chops is now being planned for half of the Viking Crown lounge and now there will be plenty of time do make that happen. And that Compass Deli, Johnny Rockets and Sorrento's take a lot of pressure off MJ's smaller Windjammer.

Rick and Deirdra

I'm happy to hear that they plan to keep Compass Deli.:)

Now, if only they could retrofit a Solarium ...

We received our email today that the Feb 5th Majesty was cancelled. Extended dry dock. We are on the Oasis the week before, planned to spend one night at Cape Canaveral then board the Majesty ( We were going to use our Royal Caribb VISA points for a "free" cruise. We are offered the 4 night Enchantment OTS at the same cost . Zero from zero is zero. It goes out of Miami. We did it, retired, what the heck ! Had to change air . Fly to Orlando for the Oasis cruise but out of Ft Lauderdale to home after the Enchantment. We got $100 OB credit. I just finished making all the details....change hotel, car rental, air............We really like the Enchantment so we are happy!

I was to be on the Feb. 12th cruise! And got the call from the TA that it was canceled! I am not very happy about this at all!!!!!!! I understand it needs to go into Dry-dock for repair and such however Royal needs to get it together with this....

Now because this was a gift for my sisters birthday/Christmas I have to remake other gifts that she was getting for the cruise. I wonder if I can switch to one out of Tampa for the same price?!?!? Miami is another 4-5 hours on top of a 16 hour drive already!!! Guess I will call back to the TA tomorrow.

I was to be on the Feb. 12th cruise! And got the call from the TA that it was canceled! I am not very happy about this at all!!!!!!! I understand it needs to go into Dry-dock for repair and such however Royal needs to get it together with this....

Now because this was a gift for my sisters birthday/Christmas I have to remake other gifts that she was getting for the cruise. I wonder if I can switch to one out of Tampa for the same price?!?!? Miami is another 4-5 hours on top of a 16 hour drive already!!! Guess I will call back to the TA tomorrow.

Let us know how you make out. I am going to call next week and see if I can get on one of the MJ sailings at the same price

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

I think it will be a tough sell to get them to swap to a Tampa sailing, since those are not Bahamas itineraries, but it won't hurt to try.

I think it will be a tough sell to get them to swap to a Tampa sailing, since those are not Bahamas itineraries, but it won't hurt to try.

Going to try! And the bad part is my boss booked his cruise and they changed ships on him...same port and stops and gave him 100 per person onboard credit!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would be amazing. Maybe they could 'stretch' MJ like they did Enchantment. Although, probably not in that time frame. Hmmm.

Erika

I'd even welcome a conversion of Compass Deli to a real Park Cafe, with breakfast offerings.