Brilliance of the Seas - overall condition/next refit ?

IDB37

Hi

We are considering doing the 4/2018 transatlantic cruise on Brilliance, but are a little concerned by a few comments on some of the reviews re the condition of the ship.

Can anyone who has travelled recently give a balanced assessment of it's overall condition/wear and tear etc. ?

Also, does anyone know when it is next due for a refit/dry dock ?

Many thanks.

Hi

We are considering doing the 4/2018 transatlantic cruise on Brilliance, but are a little concerned by a few comments on some of the reviews re the condition of the ship.

Can anyone who has travelled recently give a balanced assessment of it's overall condition/wear and tear etc. ?

Many thanks.

Something to know is most Dry Docks are usually to get the ship out of water to do the Marines side maintenance, Royal does it once every 5 years. The regular replace carpet, paint and such is due year round. In 2013 they did I big Dry Dock on Brilliance and added lot of venues and cabins. Next year think the most Brilliance is having is a short Marine side Dry Dock. Ships in good shape, as ages gets some wear, but up keep is good on her, don't worry

Hi

Many thanks.

Our last cruise on Brilliance was this past January and she was in excellent shape.

Just got off the Brilliance 2 weeks ago and felt she was in excellent condition.

I too read some less than stellar reviews but did not find anything on board that hindered our experience. Would sail on her again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 months later...

We hear Brilliance will be dry docked in Amsterdam (following a TA) from 20 April - 1 May 2018 which is the day we board for a 14 night Baltic cruise. I guess there's a limit to how much they can accomplish in 10 days but I always have high hopes with RC!

We hear Brilliance will be dry docked in Amsterdam (following a TA) from 20 April - 1 May 2018 which is the day we board for a 14 night Baltic cruise. I guess there's a limit to how much they can accomplish in 10 days but I always have high hopes with RC!

Most likely this is primarily for required periodic marine maintenance and inspection.

I am on that cruise too. Cannot wait to sail.