Internet on Serenade

Hello all,

Can you give me some information on the wifi/internet available on the Serenade of the seas. We're sailing on the Bean town to beaches repositioning cruise from Boston to Miami next month and are looking into our options. I can see online that we can buy packages that keep us connected at all times but I'm not worried about being connected. I would just like to be able to check emails, post on Facebook, send what's app messages periodically. We're due to be visiting various Caribbean islands, not sure which yet as hurricane Irma left a trail of destruction, so we could connect at bars etc on land. Does anyone know if it's possible to pay per minute perhaps onboard instead of for the whole duration of our cruise?

Hello all,

Can you give me some information on the wifi/internet available on the Serenade of the seas. We're sailing on the Bean town to beaches repositioning cruise from Boston to Miami next month and are looking into our options. I can see online that we can buy packages that keep us connected at all times but I'm not worried about being connected. I would just like to be able to check emails, post on Facebook, send what's app messages periodically. We're due to be visiting various Caribbean islands, not sure which yet as hurricane Irma left a trail of destruction, so we could connect at bars etc on land. Does anyone know if it's possible to pay per minute perhaps onboard instead of for the whole duration of our cruise?

The pay per minute option is long gone.

You can buy in 24 hour unlimited use increments. You can buy for the voyage. Toward the end of your cruise, you may be able to buy other number-of-days packages.

Got off the Serenade last week. I had the internet purchased from the ship. It worked fantastic. I was very pleased with it. Texted and Face timed my family. Put my phone on airplane mode and did not have a problem for all 15 days I was onboard. I posted pictures to Facebook every day. Used the internet but didn't check my emails. I purchased the plan before I boarded and saved money.

Edited by pecollins

Toward the end of your cruise, you may be able to buy other number-of-days packages.

The remaining days package is usually available every day until two days to go. The only other option I remember seeing sometimes is a 60 min option on the last day for folks who want to check in for their flights.