Jewel of the Seas Greek Islands -- which balcony

dcm58

I am booking a cruise for my entire family -- it's my parents 50th wedding anniversary! We can't splurge for a suite, but we want balconies for everyone. I'm thinking aft is better (?), but do i want starboard or port side for great views? my mum loves to sit on the balcony and just "watch" for hours. and what floor to maximize view and minimize noise?

we will be on Jewel of the Seas on a September sailing.

any direction or advice would be MUCH appreciated!

If available.....

9256 is the best non-suite balcony on the ship. It's a corner aft wrap around.

We just did the Greek Islands in May and had the JS just above it (1100) and always had a fantastic view of each port.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

really? wow. good to know, thanks. I just assumed that all the jewel of the seas from Rome in Sep 2018 to Greece would travel the exact same way. I'm a cruising novice . . .

It may travel the same way, but which side the ship docks on is consistent, but not infallable. Ships routinely do life boats test and will face the other way to allow access to lifeboats. Or on occasion if strong winds are predicted a Captain can elect to dock differently.

Sadly, that (and other levels) is taken. does this mean port side is best for views?

When we tendered in Santorini the starboard side faced the island. But as others have stated.....you really never know!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Rome to Greece means you will first be sailing south and then east......and on the way back you'll be sailing west and north. So let's say you pick a Port side cabin ( left side) that means you will have the sun on your balcony in the morning on the sailing south section....and the the sun again on the sailing west and north return trip in the afternoon....

Does that make sense?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you would like to see the sunset when leaving Santorini, the port side is where you need to be. At least it was last year. It was pretty awesome.

We had an aft balcony and loved the views as we left the ports, but had to go to friends balcony to view the sunset.