Lasgna - Pride and Conquest

ButterflyGirly

I LOVE lasagna but was not a fan of it on the Pride last March. Sailing on the Conquest this March and wondered if anyone knows if I should expect it to be made the same as it was on the Pride or could it be different? It just had too much meat in it for my liking (although I understand that others might have liked this about it!).

Recipes from ship to ship are mostly the same, they will vary slightly due to the individual head chef's taste, but for the most part, they are the same (one of the things I like about cruising, no matter what ship I am on, I know I can get my favorites).

Now, I will say. I know in the main dining room and buffet I have seen the meat lasagna (which I like), but I believe I have also seen a vegetarian lasagna on the buffet before.

Recipes from ship to ship are mostly the same, they will vary slightly due to the individual head chef's taste, but for the most part, they are the same (one of the things I like about cruising, no matter what ship I am on, I know I can get my favorites).

Now, I will say. I know in the main dining room and buffet I have seen the meat lasagna (which I like), but I believe I have also seen a vegetarian lasagna on the buffet before.

My DW is picky about lasagna because some people put sausage in theirs so she prefers a vegetable lasagna when she eats it out. In fact she will only eat her lasagna (w/meat) because she know it made with USDA choice beef, but I'm the picky eater....LoL. Getting back to the point though, she has had vegetarian lasagna on a cruise. However, the question is which cruise:confused:, we been on 6 with 4 different cruise lines.

On the first night they usually have a vegetarian lasagna. It is excellent.

Otherwise, you'll find the recipes about the same ship to ship, just sometimes you have better cooks and chefs who are able to execute better.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I LOVE lasagna but was not a fan of it on the Pride last March. Sailing on the Conquest this March and wondered if anyone knows if I should expect it to be made the same as it was on the Pride or could it be different? It just had too much meat in it for my liking (although I understand that others might have liked this about it!).

Are you referring to the lasagna served in the MDR, or the lasagna offered on some ships late-night at Pizza Pirate?

If the latter, then you can probably expect it to be pretty "beefy." I was on Conquest last October and I loved the lasagna they had as part of the Pizza Pirate "Plus" menu (11 pm - 1 am),......BUT I loved it because it had a lot of beef.

If the former, then I'd definitely suggest the vegetarian lasagna. If it's the same recipe and portion as we saw in Vista's MDR last week, it will be good...but a really big portion. My friend's wife couldn't finish hers.

Thank you everyone. I think I will have to try the Vegetarian lasagna. I tdidn't know I could order main entrees as a smaller portion appetizer. Interesting...

The menus used to state that each day's pasta entrée was "also available as a starter." I can't remember if it did so last week, but our waiter didn't blink an eyelash when I requested a ravioli dish as a starter. I don't know if it was smaller than the entrée portion; I remember it wasn't that big, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Never had lasagna on a cruise. Is it traditional lasagna (bolognese sauce, Parmesan, egg pasta sheets, and béchamel sauce...repeat) or is it something more like a bad frozen lasagna you might find in a supermarket with ricotta cheese and mozzarella?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never had lasagna on a cruise. Is it traditional lasagna (bolognese sauce, Parmesan, egg pasta sheets, and béchamel sauce...repeat) or is it something more like a bad frozen lasagna you might find in a supermarket with ricotta cheese and mozzarella?

This is from culcina de capitano best lasagna I have ever had and made with sweet potato and spinach 3c6587d5f79d8e10399516656e896dbf.jpg

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I can only speak for the lasagna that I had on the Pride last March. It had so much meat in it that I really couldn't tell you what kind of cheese it was made with.

I usually really love Carnival's food, and lasagna is one of my absolute favourite meals. I've been on 5 different ships in the last 2 years, and I've found the lasagna on all of the ships to be quite similar to each other... and to me, it's TERRIBLE. They use some kind of seasoning in it that I just don't enjoy.

That being said, maybe I'll try it at Cucina on one of my upcoming cruises now that they've cruelly done away with the Spaghetti Carbonara that I adored! [emoji7] Thanks for the lasagna recommendation and photo @mikel24m!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Forums mobile app