Just off Harmony Oct 21st....any questions??

womack214

Best show?

Well we missed grease although my in laws said lots of sexual inuendos.

Ice show said “what the Hell” which isn’t appropriate for young children.

So best show that I saw was the first Aquashow. There are two diff ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do you think the percentage of American guests? We got off Harmony on the 14th and I have to say it was only about 25-30% if that. Trying to decide if it is just this time of year, port, itinerary or ship. A lot of us had issues with language barriers and rudeness.

Not trying to start an issue, but trying to decide if we need to skip October all together.

Awesome!!! We are going on her next Saturday!! We’ve been on both Allure and Oasis but this will be our first time on Harmony and we are super excited!

* Tell me about the slides? I haven’t read much about them but look forward to trying them for sure!

* Did you try any of the specialty restaurants?

* Has Harmony switched to the new menu in the MDR?

That’s it.... For now

Well we missed grease although my in laws said lots of sexual inuendos.

Ice show said “what the Hell” which isn’t appropriate for young children.

So best show that I saw was the first Aquashow. There are two diff ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nooo, not what the hell....... Lmao

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

What do you think the percentage of American guests? We got off Harmony on the 14th and I have to say it was only about 25-30% if that. Trying to decide if it is just this time of year, port, itinerary or ship. A lot of us had issues with language barriers and rudeness.

Not trying to start an issue, but trying to decide if we need to skip October all together.

I think any ship out of Florida has a higher international passenger rate. We just try and make sure we are always respectful of others and not worry about how they act. Other cultures don't see the same things to be rude like Americans do. Just a difference in culture.

Do you recall what movies were being shown? Thank you. :)

We watched a pirates of the Caribbean movie...think it was something regarding dead sea in the name. We also watched a new Spider-Man movie. These were all at the Aqua theatre.

Awesome!!! We are going on her next Saturday!! We’ve been on both Allure and Oasis but this will be our first time on Harmony and we are super excited!

* Tell me about the slides? I haven’t read much about them but look forward to trying them for sure!

That’s it.... For now ��

We had also been on Allure and Oasis prior to Harmony. The rooms on Harmony are designed batter and fell much larger.

I went on the blue slide....it was slow and dark. You can get dizzy easy in that one because you have no sense of where you are. I also went on Abyss. It was FUN! It is scarier standing at the top than it was going down. There was not a big drop like was expecting. It has lights inside. You must have on at a minimum a t-shirt with short sleeves and shorts. You cannot take anything down the slide except your glasses. Flip flops are ok.

We ate at Izumi. The food was good but I have decided we won't ever pay that again because I can have Hibachi here at home. So after the fact we decided it was not worth the money for something we can have anytime.

We had the WOW bands on the Quantum before it went to China. They were in place of your ship card and I believe we used them as the “key” to get in the stateroom along with charging for drinks,etc. around the ship. Is that how they work now? And why charge us for them? You mentioned that you needed a ship card left in a slot in your room to keep electric on, similar to many hotels. Was that a hassle? Thanks for any reply!

We had the WOW bands on the Quantum before it went to China. They were in place of your ship card and I believe we used them as the “key” to get in the stateroom along with charging for drinks,etc. around the ship. Is that how they work now? And why charge us for them? You mentioned that you needed a ship card left in a slot in your room to keep electric on, similar to many hotels. Was that a hassle? Thanks for any reply!

Yes the wow band gets you in your room, buys food and drinks, gets you into shows, and gets you accounted for at muster. Yes the light switch was a hassle in my opinion. We just put a different card in it and left it in there. Once there is a card in it you can use the light switch to turn it on and off.

That’s it.... For now ��

We just got off the same sailing. My 11 year old son absolutely loved the water slides. Even though the Harmony is very similar to the Allure (which we sailed on 3 years ago), the slides made a huge difference for him. I also tried all 3 slides and found them to be fun. The lines could be long on sea days, but moved quickly. There are two almost identical slides side by side (yellow and blue), which are mostly dark. They were fun and no big drops. The green/yellow slide (we called it the "toilet bowl") is dark at first, then you are propelled into an open bowl, where you often got stuck and had to scoot towards the exit.

The Abyss was also fun. It felt like a short ride, despite being 10 stories high. No big drops. I only did it once because I usually had my 4 year old with me, and she was too small to ride it.

We ate at Wonderland, and had a great experience. I loved the molecular gastronomy of the dishes and it was a lot of fun to try new things. The food was very good. We had a great waiter who explained each dish as he brought it out. He was also quite funny. He's from Trinidad, and said "Ta da!" a lot.

We also had dinner at Chops Grill. The food there was also very good. I had the tuna tartar, mushroom soup, and a filet. The waiter gave us a plate with a lid and we were able to bring some leftovers back to the room for our son. He also packaged our dessert to go, so that we wouldn't be late to a show.

I'm not sure if the menu in the MDR was new or not, but we were happy with the quality of the food. There was a rotating selection of items each day, but also a "classic" section that was the same each day. The french onion soup from the classic appetizer menu was very good and cheesy (and big... my daughter had it for her entree twice). You can view the menu for the week on your stateroom TV, if you are trying to decide which night to book a specialty restaurant.

Got off the 14th as well and this was a very real issue. Way too many of the non-American guests were awful, inconsiderate, and rude. We didn't notice a similar issue last year in October though we did sail Carnival last year. Maybe a different crowd? I'm not sure. We'll try October again and hope for the best. Definitely avoid MSC :)