Royal Princess Cabin E428 (Emerald Deck 8)

DChabira

My wife and I are booked on a 15-Day Transatlantic Cruise onthe Royal Princess next year. We have reserved cabin E428 on the Emerald Deckwhich is Deck 8.

I’m looking for anyone who has stayed in this cabin, on thisship, not the Regal? I’d love to see some photos, or video?

The cabin is listed as “OBSTRUCTED VIEW” but I’ve read someposts from others saying it doesn’t have any obstructions. It has a larger thannormal balcony, and some say the reason it’s listed as an “OBSTRUCTED VIEW” isthe odd angle of the balcony?

I found a video on YOUTUBE of E429 which is the mirror imagecabin on the opposite side of the ship, and I don’t see any obstructions?

Any help would be appreciated?

I do see photos of the next-door cabin ( E432 ) that look very similar, mirror-image almost, of the e429 video.

This cabin seems to overlook the seating area on Promenade, outside of Crooners.

The lifeboats, etc. are just to the left, AFT.

Some people do mention possible noise from Crooners, and prefer the Starboard side???

Hope this helps!

This is a great cabin. I haven't stayed in E428 but we stayed in E421, which is on the starboard side but a similar position with no obstruction. You will have an unobstructed view midship looking out over the seating area outside of Crooners and a larger angled balcony which will be great on the transatlantic. It's a great location, particularly now that the mid-ship stairs have been installed. We loved this location so much that I have booked E425 for our Baltic cruise next June. I also found that I like being on Emerald Deck and closer to the water. The ride was very smooth since you're lower down and midship. Enjoy!

• 7 months later...