buying cruises on Ebay

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:51 PM.
Kansas City Mo
1,884 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
I was surfing Ebay and noticed many cruises for sale and bid that had some decent prices.....the info said they were travel agents selling group space....they were not last minute but later in the year.
Has anyone bought a cruise from EBAY......would this be risky/ I have never used Ebay before.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCI Diamond Member COLOR=teal] 44 cruises....RCI-18..PRINCESS-6...CELEBRITY-5. COSTA-2...HAL-2...CARNIVAL-8....NCL-2....ADMIRAL-1[/color]
7,429 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Interesting way to sell group space...perhaps the agent sells for bare minimum to cover cruise passage costs, and then all above is enhanced commissions more or less for the agent.

I'd rather not use Ebay for something like a cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Rancher Dave

<div style="width:400px; position: relative;">
<div style="background-color: #38235b; padding: 5px 0px 5px 0px; text-align: center; width: 399px; border-left: 1px solid #372060; font-size: 11px; color: #EEE; line-height: 1.4em;">
<a style="font-size: 14px; color: #FFBF42" href="http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-widgets"><strong>Create your own travel map</strong></a> - <a style="font-size: 14px; color: #FFBF42" href="http://www.travbuddy.com"><strong>TravBuddy</strong></a><br/>
</div>
</div>

RCCL Diamond Plus / Celebrity Elite / Princess Elite / NCL / Disney
1 Posts
Joined May 2009
Firstly, I'm in Travel marketing. Secondly my company sells on E Bay.

E Bay is just another channel for sellers to market and another source for buyers. Its no better or worse then most other sources for cruises buying.

When buying a cruise from anyone you should be aware of who you are working with. E Bay is actually more efficient in helping you understand who the buyer is. E Bay vets travel sellers before they can sell. Their vetting system is not perfect but it is better then most selling sites. You can also research a seller on E Bay which is difficult to do on stand alone cruise seller sites. How long has the person sold on E Bay? How much have they sold on E Bay? What is the sellers feed back? Actually read the buyer comments. Are you dealing with a seller that is knowledgeable about cruises. Can you speak with them before, during and following the purchase process.

Just apply good common sense.
25 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Geezergeek

Just apply good common sense.
What's that? Can I get it on Ebay??

*back on topic* I'd be curious to know how price drops would work with ebay. I'm imagine the seller could say that you're locked into your original bid no matter how low the cruise rates drop (IF).

Think it would be odd having the cruise line's terms and conditions and then another set of T&C's from the seller.
Fort Lauderdale
1,440 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Personally, I only book direct with crusie line.
Damm I still can't typel cruise rigth.

Yup. No TAs, no Ebay, no nothin'. Bon Voyage, heh
!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature