The Dream? Or the Nightmare? (or why I may give up cruising?)

SailorJack

First time I read it as well. Still can't stop laughing.

Glad you enjoyed it!:D

Love this! Great writing about a unique adventure - my first time reading it, so I appreciate its being brought back. Glad SailorJack and Jill are still sailing the high seas!

Thanks...it was a rather unique sailing.:D

Jack

Glad you enjoyed it. Links to my other reviews are in my signature.

Jack

Jack

please post reviews across all lines you have sailed in

I caught the Dream/nightmare review brought back in Norwegian forum and realised missed your latest review!

you inspired me to post reviews post cruise in a lighthearted manner

please also post your future cruises so we have a chance of cruising with you

I am sure you and my husband will get on very well together and Jill and I will share mutual commiserations

Jack

please post reviews across all lines you have sailed in

I caught the Dream/nightmare review brought back in Norwegian forum and realised missed your latest review!

you inspired me to post reviews post cruise in a lighthearted manner

please also post your future cruises so we have a chance of cruising with you

I am sure you and my husband will get on very well together and Jill and I will share mutual commiserations

All my reviews are in my signature...just expand it to see them. Latest review is on the Celebrity board. Next up is in January on Princess. I will have to go back and look at your reviews - I always enjoy reviews with a little humor. Thanks for your comments.

Jack

"So there we sat. A free open bar, lights ablaze, and the band playing on while we noted that our ship now held the record for the most Japanese tonnage sunk since 1945."

Best line in a cruise report ever.

It was a memorable night. I am sure the ship ran out of liquor as the bars started closing around 10:00.:(

Jack

"So there we sat. A free open bar, lights ablaze, and the band playing on while we noted that our ship now held the record for the most Japanese tonnage sunk since 1945."

Best line in a cruise report ever.

That was a great line, but I liked the one where he said that he had signed on for a glass bottom boat ride in the Falklands so he could see the Argentinian Navy.

That was a great line, but I liked the one where he said that he had signed on for a glass bottom boat ride in the Falklands so he could see the Argentinian Navy.

During the war a British submarine sank the Argentine cruiser "General Belgrano," I think that was the last naval engagement of the war. It would have been interesting to see.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm slowly reading your different reviews. I laughed so hard I had to stop & wipe the tears from my eyes. Between the "Queen Mary" & this one I can only imagine what the rest are like. Keep them coming.

Allan

I'm slowly reading your different reviews. I laughed so hard I had to stop & wipe the tears from my eyes. Between the "Queen Mary" & this one I can only imagine what the rest are like. Keep them coming.

Allan

Glad you are enjoying them. The most current one is on the Celebrity board.

Jack

Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea what Dxx represents.

I just assumed that he was laughing so hard he hit some keys on his keyboard by mistake. I've probably made that mistake a few times while reading your reviews as well.

Looking forward to your Princess review in January.

I just assumed that he was laughing so hard he hit some keys on his keyboard by mistake. I've probably made that mistake a few times while reading your reviews as well.

Looking forward to your Princess review in January.

Could be.:D I looked up Dxx on the internet, but the result was a video game.

Jack

• 4 years later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/3/2022 at 7:59 PM, EricCLT said:

Fifteen years later and this is still hilarious. I found it by googling "Most Japanese Tonnage Sunk Since 1945 Cruise Critic"

Someone just tipped me off about your post - sorry I missed it when you first posted it.! Glad you enjoyed the review - I enjoyed writing it - but again, I had a lot of material to work with.😃

I case you may be interested, my latest review is over on the Azamara board

Jack

Edited by SailorJack

2 hours ago, SailorJack said:

Someone just tipped me off about your post - sorry I missed it when you first posted it.! Glad you enjoyed the review - I enjoyed writing it - but again, I had a lot of material to work with.😃

I case you may be interested, my latest review is over on the Azamara board

Jack

This was fabulous. I’m off to the Azamara board. Thank you for sharing.

On 6/17/2023 at 10:25 AM, Mommapadraig said:

This was fabulous. I’m off to the Azamara board. Thank you for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed it.  Hope you like the one on Azamara - it was our first time for that cruise line and the itinerary was unique for us.

AND...

Lgdesign - thanks for your comment.  I had a lot of fun with the Dream review.