Questions on R Penthouse Suites and Aloha Owner Suites on Ruby & Emerald. SUITES

Eyechatter

We are planning our cruise to Hawaii because I need at sea time and not another cruise and tour constantly vacation. I am looking forward to this!!! We usually state mid ship on Caribe in Vista Suite. Once we stayed at a suite at back of the ship and weren't crazy about the walk but it wasn't bad except for the beam on my balcony cutting it in two. I have a choice of my regular suite on C or the R Penthouse suite they say is larger or the Owners Suite on A which actually has a beam but off to the side. I am worried about the small adult pool above me there and worried about the R suites being below an active deck like the lido. I can't find reviews on these two suites. Anyone have real experience with them and can let me know what to do??????:D .

Have not yet experienced it, but we will be in the OS on Aloha deck in a few weeks. Have friends in the Caribe aft PH suite, one in an Emerald Vista, and in an Aloha PH. The friend on Emerald deck changed from the Riviera PH due to the many reports I found about the deck noise.

I found many reviews and comments that the suites on Riviera deck experience a lot of thumping noise in the wee hours of the morning from the deck chair stacking and unstacking. The Emerald deck suite is above a club, but late night noise was preferable to early noise as far as my friend is concerned.

My research did not find any issue with the Terrace pool above Aloha deck. The OS is mostly under aft balcony cabins— the PH next door is positioned under the pool area.

Have not yet experienced it, but we will be in the OS on Aloha deck in a few weeks. Have friends in the Caribe aft PH suite, one in an Emerald Vista, and in an Aloha PH. The friend on Emerald deck changed from the Riviera PH due to the many reports I found about the deck noise.

I found many reviews and comments that the suites on Riviera deck experience a lot of thumping noise in the wee hours of the morning from the deck chair stacking and unstacking. The Emerald deck suite is above a club, but late night noise was preferable to early noise as far as my friend is concerned.

My research did not find any issue with the Terrace pool above Aloha deck. The OS is mostly under aft balcony cabins— the PH next door is positioned under the pool area.

THANK FOR THE INFO. Will be curious about the Cabin you are in. I thought the R Suites might pose a problem but no one is really addressing it except for people who don't like their cruise altogether and that's not something I want to act on. Appreciate your time. Enjoy your cruise and let me know about the Aloha Owners suite. It didn't look as if it had the extra owner suite trappings as on other ships...no dining room table, etc. on the Emerald.

We will be on the Ruby, so that is where I have focused my research, so can’t say about the Emerald OS setup. The OS on Ruby does have the extra table for dining in the cabin. It also has more space in the the “living room” section of the cabin, and a wider balcony (although it does have that beam issue— don’t think that will bother us).

I found a recent video tour of the cabin we will be in — will post it shortly. And I do plan on doing a photo/video review of our cabin, as well as the other suites in my group if I can swing it. We sail end of March, so look for it in early April.

We are planning our cruise to Hawaii because I need at sea time and not another cruise and tour constantly vacation. I am looking forward to this!!! We usually state mid ship on Caribe in Vista Suite. Once we stayed at a suite at back of the ship and weren't crazy about the walk but it wasn't bad except for the beam on my balcony cutting it in two. I have a choice of my regular suite on C or the R Penthouse suite they say is larger or the Owners Suite on A which actually has a beam but off to the side. I am worried about the small adult pool above me there and worried about the R suites being below an active deck like the lido. I can't find reviews on these two suites. Anyone have real experience with them and can let me know what to do??????:D .

We stayed in a R deck penthouse suite on the Emerald last year. We were not impressed. Room was nice, balcony was long but very narrow. Had noises in the middle of the night on the open deck above us. We decided to just stick with Balconies or Mini Suites.

We have stayed in both cabins several times. I prefer the PH due to the extra large clean no beam in my way balcony. The OS is a little larger with a table in the suite that we really don`t use. I no longer pay more for a cabin I like less. For me the noise was about the same in each. Maybe early a little more deck chair dragging by the crew in the PH cabin. I only notice when outside on the balcony. A 751 is my favorite cabin on this class ship. There is more cabin motion on both of these than a mid ship suite if that matters to you.

We have stayed in both cabins several times. I prefer the PH due to the extra large clean no beam in my way balcony. The OS is a little larger with a table in the suite that we really don`t use. I no longer pay more for a cabin I like less. For me the noise was about the same in each. Maybe early a little more deck chair dragging by the crew in the PH cabin. I only notice when outside on the balcony. A 751 is my favorite cabin on this class ship. There is more cabin motion on both of these than a mid ship suite if that matters to you.

I agree that the table and extra space is not really necessary most of the time. We only paid $100 more pp for the OS over the PH, and have a bunch of family and friends sailing with us, so we did want that extra space this time — if it was just the two of us, the aft PH or Vista would be ample for any trip we were splurging on a suite.

Hoping the motion isn’t an issue. Have sailed in the bow section, and “aft” section (but not an actual aft cabin) previously without problem.

I agree that the table and extra space is not really necessary most of the time. We only paid $100 more pp for the OS over the PH, and have a bunch of family and friends sailing with us, so we did want that extra space this time — if it was just the two of us, the aft PH or Vista would be ample for any trip we were splurging on a suite.

Hoping the motion isn’t an issue. Have sailed in the bow section, and “aft” section (but not an actual aft cabin) previously without problem.

Have a choice from now between A753 and the Caribe deck in the PH cabin. Motion doesn't bother us. For this at sea, wanting to use our balcony with time on our hands finally, which would you recommend?

Have a choice from now between A753 and the Caribe deck in the PH cabin. Motion doesn't bother us. For this at sea, wanting to use our balcony with time on our hands finally, which would you recommend?

A 753 would certainly be my choice with those two options very easy choice. Whatever you chose have a great time!

Gary

If you plan on doing in suite dining, definitely the OS. If the price

differential is not too much, definitely the OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 10 months later...
On 2/23/2018 at 11:58 AM, 3kidsncats said:

If you plan on doing in suite dining, definitely the OS. If the price

differential is not too much, definitely the OS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wanted to come back and let you know how much you helped me.  We leave on the 17th next week for our Hawaii Cruise out of LA.  I did take A753 and I am happy with the choice.  I have tried to get involved with the Roll Call group but it's a very odd combination of people with different ideas about vacationing.  They exchange tips on getting from LAX to the port on public transportation for $2.50 and I want to share the great meet inside limo service I found for an amazing price.  I'm not sure we're on the same page (no pun intended).  I've come on here usually to ask questions but did try to get involved with the conversation.  But that's a whole 'nother story!  I'm looking forward to the cruise, cabin, thermal room and massage and entertainment.  And I wanted to come back here to thank you for your help last year when I had to choose between those suites.   Ilene

Edited by Eyechatter

We stayed in A753 on the Emerald a couple years ago and it was fantastic.  We loved having the dining table inside and in fact had formal night dinner on that table catered by room service and dressed in very comfortable clothes.  No noise issues whatsoever!

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

Edited by azbirdmom
added pictures

22 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

We stayed in A753 on the Emerald a couple years ago and it was fantastic.  We loved having the dining table inside and in fact had formal night dinner on that table catered by room service and dressed in very comfortable clothes.  No noise issues whatsoever!

IMG_4062.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

Great idea.  I don't need 3 formal nights!!!!  Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 6:08 AM, Eyechatter said:

Love love love the PH cabins aft on Caribe deck.  Great size fully covered balcony.  No noise from above or below, except from the wake - but we love that.

18 hours ago, Eyechatter said:

I wanted to come back and let you know how much you helped me.  We leave on the 17th next week for our Hawaii Cruise out of LA.  I did take A753 and I am happy with the choice.  I have tried to get involved with the Roll Call group but it's a very odd combination of people with different ideas about vacationing.  They exchange tips on getting from LAX to the port on public transportation for $2.50 and I want to share the great meet inside limo service I found for an amazing price.  I'm not sure we're on the same page (no pun intended).  I've come on here usually to ask questions but did try to get involved with the conversation.  But that's a whole 'nother story!  I'm looking forward to the cruise, cabin, thermal room and massage and entertainment.  And I wanted to come back here to thank you for your help last year when I had to choose between those suites.   Ilene

Bon Voyage!!