Pray that there is not a missing passenger

MsSoCalCruiser

On the MSC Seaside last month, first night, we were startled by a LOUD announcement about 11:PM telling us there would be an unscheduled stop in Nassau the next morning to take a passenger off who had a serious medical condition. And that would put us a few hours behind arriving at our first port of call. No problem....someone's health is FAR more important than a couple of hours in a port!

I am glad everything appears to be OK.

Maybe it is just me, but in that circumstance, the first thing to come to mind wouldn't be to post on Cruise Critic.

It may have seemed odd for me to post but my friend somehow was able to go back to sleep but I felt like I had just consumed 2 L of caffeinated soda.

I actually wanted to go help find the missing person but I knew the last thing that they needed were passengers roaming around the ship. I could not go to sleep so I posted here on CC where my cruise family would understand how I was feeling. It was scary to say the least.

Why worry? Was it someone you know?

You don't know me but I am one of those people that worries about others whether we are related or not. By the name, I could tell that this was a young female maybe 20s or younger. I am a parent and I cannot imagine how terrified her family was.

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

I looked at my watch at right after the first announcement. It was about 3:40. It seemed that the interval between subsequent announcements was pretty consistent--not quite enough for me to get back to sleep. With the final (she's been located) announcement, I checked my watch, again, and it was about 4:40.

Here's the funny thing. I completely forgot about this incident until I sat down here at home and wondered what was happening at Cruise Critic, lately. Maybe I'm losing too many brain cells

I completely forgot about this incident until I sat down here at home and wondered what was happening at Cruise Critic, lately. Maybe I'm losing too many brain cells

Don't feel bad about forgetting things because I totally forgot about our meet and greet until later that afternoon. I'm totally bummed because I really wanted to go. Memory loss :o