Roll call-November Legend Crossing

Host Dan

Hello all seasoned and newbie Seabournites! The Legend crosses from Tenerife to Ft. Lauderdale in a month! Whos on board? I understand that she has been "sold out" for some time, and waiting list only. This will be my 4th crossing in November on Legend. Pipe in, who will be on this cruise for the first time, and who are repeating? (cruisecrazyone...I still can't believe you wont be onboard!!!!!!!)

CruiserDan

Dan~~~I know that my good friends, HD (Hillsboro Beach), the Millers (N. Car.) and about 15 Brits are on. H. ask me to go, but it had already sold out and I am hosting a big family Thanksgiving at the ranch and needed a couple of weeks beforehand to prepare for this "gathering of the Clan".....

I KNOW you will have a most wonderful Crossing.....I think Norbert Fuchs is still on as Hotel Manager. Do not know who the Cruise Director will be or the entertainers. They will be super, as always!

I'm sure there will be many Club members, as they loveeee the Crossings!

We'll "post" a big Bon voyage a 'lit later!

Martita B.

Dearest CruiserDan, We cannot believe it, either! Who will host the "Friends of Donna Soiree"? It is said that each of us can be replaced by a button, so there you go! Cannot wait to hear which "ensembles" the Legendary Lunatics will don for the "ultimate trivia finale"! Champagne wishes and caviar dreams and the Seabourn Way Forever!

Hi CruiserDan -

CeeJay and Wally will definitely be there - only 3 weeks to go! I also can't believe that Cruisecrazyone won't be with us - we'll really miss her (especially at Trivia time).

I don't know who the Cruise Director is .. have you heard?

Captain Thue-Nilsen (my very favorite Captain) will be our Captain again this year - I'm especially happy about that.

See you in 3 weeks. :)

Hey neighbor......happy to see you on the board!

I remember so well last year all you Dallas-ites were getting ready to board the Legend for the fall Crossing......

Come play with us ......on the "nutty" three word game!

We need you!

Martita B.

Hi all,

I will be on the Legend for the transatlantic as well. This is my second Seabourn cruise, but my first transatlantic. I am looking forward to meeting some great people and having some much-needed downtime. I am trying to make out my packing list and wondered if anyone (Dan?) can give me some hints as to what the weather is like on this cruise.

Thanks and hope to meet everyone there.

Eve

Hi Miss Kitty

We've been on the crossing the last two years and the weather has been good - warm and sunny during the day (almost no rain) - the temperature in the mid-70's to mid-80's. The weather was warmer than I expected for that time of year and the "Night under the Stars" was lovely and warm enough to be outside without a jacket.

Are you staying at the Hotel Mencey the night before? Hope to catch up with you - we're arriving in the early evening of the 9th - and will be really tired after travelling almost 24 hours - but the trip is worth it to be on the Legend crossing.

CeeJay

Legend Nov. Crossers.....don't forget to pack your "stuffed animal"......I visited with HD the other day and I understand there will, again, be a big party for the "lit critters!"

I noticed on last March's Crossing some of the Sailors wore their "goofy animal" houseslippers! Looked so cute! I KNOW all the Brits will be bringing their animals. "Mr. Monk, the Barbados Grey" and I will be thinking of you and wishing we were there to merry-make with you!

Not long now.......

MB

CeeJay,

Unfortunately I was not able to get enough time off work to come in a day early like I would have wanted. I will be arriving in the morning on the 10th and I sure hope my luggage will be too. That didn't happen the last time, but I am sure that was because I had a very close connection in Miami. This time I go through JFK and have almost 3 hours, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the crossing and the nice weather. On my cruise last year we had horrible weather, so the dinner had to be moved inside. Fortunately, everyone had the right spirit on that cruise, so the weather did not make anyone grumpy.

Don't know if I will have room in my luggage for a stuffed animal, but I will see what I can scare up.

Eve

The only stuffed animals on board the crossing was a set of triplet puppies brought by fun brits last year. (heavens, one of them even got kidnapped for ransom).. No one else had a stuffed animal. Martita B.. enlighten us!

CruiserDan

Dan~~~~On most Transatlantic Crossings we have a "stuffed animal" party....last March on the Pride we even had a "royal wedding"......2 German Royal bears got married! The bride's Mother ask me to be the Matron of Honor.......and required me to wear a LONG train. Well, I had NOT packed a LONG bridal TRAIN.......didn't think I would meet a handsome Sailor and say "vows" ON BOARD! I had, by accident, packed a wonderful pair of white silk pants and a great all lace jacket.......soooo I had that! I ask Steinar (the electrical Officer) if he could weld and glue three tiar's together and light the top one........NO problem! BUT, no long train.......I was sitting in my living room the morning before the nuptials and all of a sudden it hit me! If Scarlet could do it, so could I. I called Tori and she came......we took my drapery white sheers right off the ROD (my balcony door).......and they were just perfect! LONG and very "train like!" We all had a most wonderful wedding and reception......

You might want to take a "Critter".......YES, I know all about the Brit's animals! They are constantly begging to go "sleep over" with different Guests......they love to stay with C.M. (N. Carolina)

Who in the world could ever call us "stuffy, sedate, OR staid?"

Have a grand Crossing!

MB

I am a lurker and happy to do just that - thinking about Celebrity and Seabourn for very different reasons. I just read this comment about a wedding of stuffed animals and taking curtains out of a cabin. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read and I will assume it is a joke. If I paid money and witnessed these antics I would get off at the first port -

Have you tried lurking on the Crystal or Silversea boards they tend to be much more aloof. They would probably be a better fit for you if the previous post upsets you.

My name is mcboo and I approved this message!:):)

Dearest CruiserDan and all--Suspicious that you would happen to know about the "kidnapping" of a certain "stuffed pet". Everyone else, read between the lines. Just hop onboard the triplets and see for yourselves! Reported "changes" are extremely disturbing, but our position remains the same--The Seabourn Way Forever!

landvestfl.......Yes, I agree with you! I also think you would want to disembark upon arrival at the 1st port. We would definitely be a challange to you. Afterall, a 6* cruise is simply a "holiday at sea" ........to relax, have fun, be pampered and spoiled........and to be with wonderful, sweet, thoughtful AND like-minded family and friends. I have always attested to the fact that on Seabourn "you are only a stranger once!"

We are all so fortunate to have so many options and choices as to Cruise Lines.......("the devil and the deep blue sea")

Happy Sailing and Have fun!

MB

The other thing is that even though the Seabourns are small, people can have parties and all sorts of events that the rest of the passengers never see or even hear about. There are so many delightful quite nooks and crannies that it's really relaxing.

Jane in PHL

No specifics at this moment, but "change is in the wind"--notice large number of new guests, changes in staffing, and many positions lost when Seabourn was left "alone" in Fla. A friend knows the new "leader"--apparently, the triplets are getting too "experienced" and many more charters are on the horizon. Yet, we are all loyal to the Seabourn Way--the ONLY WAY--compare notes when we all return in December! Bon Voyage my dear dear Legendary Lunatics!

Archived