First time Queens Grill QM2

pbb

We have been on QM2 transatlantic before, but this is the first time we have booked a transatlantic in Queens Grill grade stateroom. Excited about the dining options!

Question: we have booked a table for two, are there preferred tables that we should request? If so, how to request? If we are not pleased with our assigned table, what are the prospects of changing to something we prefer once on board?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Apart from the very high grade suites, who rigtly get the prized tables, they are allocated on a booking date basis. You can either add a request for what you want to your booking or email the Maitre d’. Either way, you might be lucky.

You can request a change of table once on board, but it is usually fairly full so you may not be able to change.

Enjoy QG. It’s wonderful and on QM2 even more so in my opinion.

We have been on QM2 transatlantic before, but this is the first time we have booked a transatlantic in Queens Grill grade stateroom. Excited about the dining options!

Question: we have booked a table for two, are there preferred tables that we should request? If so, how to request? If we are not pleased with our assigned table, what are the prospects of changing to something we prefer once on board?

If you suspect you may not be happy I would suggest you get to the restaurant asap on embarkation lunch to check it out.

Seven nights in QG, soooooo jealous.

I have never been in QG but you may want to think twice about a window table. On the QM2 the QG restaurant is right on the Promenade Deck and yes, I'm one of the many nosey walkers who looks in through the windows as we go by. I know its wrong, I try not to do it but each lap as we come around the stern of the ship and start up the starboard side I can't help myself. Who are these beautiful people, what are they eating, what are all those glasses for? Then I spend the next three quarters of a lap berating myself for being so rude only to come around the stern again and, like a character out of a Dickens novel, my eyes are drawn to the windows again.

This is what I do. I board early enough to go to lunch in QG. It will be open. I have lunch at my table. If I don't like the table, I go to the Maitre D after lunch and quietly request that a new table be found. I give them my reason. They have always accommodated me with something nicer. Don't ask for an immediate solution. Give them the intervening hours between lunch and dinner to shift things around. You should be pleasantly surprised when you show up for dinner.

Once we were placed by the table service station/kitchen entrance. It was going to be very loud. We asked to be moved. I've done this twice. I make it a practice to find my table first thing. They have accommodated me every time with something nicer.

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all for the advice. We'll plan to submit some sort of request in advance and then check out the situation at lunch on embarkation day. Should we not be happy, I will take the approach suggested by Orvil (thanks again).

Thanks to all for the advice. We'll plan to submit some sort of request in advance and then check out the situation at lunch on embarkation day. Should we not be happy, I will take the approach suggested by Orvil (thanks again).

Don't be too disappointed if you can't get the particular table that you'd like.

Despite what has been posted, window seats are always the most popular and are allocated in a strict pecking order starting with the top suites, then regular travellers. Certainly, on QE and QV, the views are much better. Very few people stare in.

No matter what, you'll still thoroughly enjoy it.

Have fun!

Stewart

Just to add to one or two comments on selective tables for two. In my experience those better tables, at the far end of the Queens Grill looking out onto deck, are the ones the higher grades are allocated.

You can see them in my photograph, over the table for 6 in the foreground, which is my personal favourite...

30914680513_a16d3fd626_z.jpg

For a comprehensive look into Queens Grill on a TA you may care to look at my Christmas crossing review on my cruise blog...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/01/02/queen-mary-2-remastered-trans-atlantic/

You can enter your table size in the Voyage Personaliser, but if you want a particular location communicate that through your Travel Agent, or Cunard if you booked directly. I have recently discovered that they can enter a significant amount of additional information on your specific requests which will be available to staff when the table assignments are being made.

• Thanks 1