DWTS Fall 2018, Dresses and more...

Well, I've heard of three of the contestants. I think even worse than usual. But at least it's not a shortened season, right? Maybe I will recognize a couple when I see them? Don't always know the names of minor characters in shows or movies.

The partners are:

Bobby Bones and Sharna Burgess

DeMarcus Ware and Lindsay Arnold

Milo Manheim and Witney Carson

Danielle Umstead and Artem Chigvintsev

Joe “Grocery Store Joe” Amabile and Jenna Johnson

John Schneider and Emma Slater

Nancy McKeon and Val Chmerkovskiy

Mary Lou Retton and Sasha Farber

Tinashe and Brandon Armstrong

Juan Pablo Di Pace and Cheryl Burke

Nikki Glaser and Gleb Savchenko

Alexis Ren and Alan Bersten

Evanna Lynch and Keo Motsepe

Here's a link to the cast pairs.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/entertainment/dancing-with-stars-new-cast/index.html

"Grocery Store Joe" was a fan-favorite on both Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise this year. He is adorable and seems to have a pleasant personality, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for his dancing abilities. I am looking forward to watching him. Just hope it's not as cringe-worthy as most of the former Bachelor(ette) contestants! lol

Our local station is showing football instead of DWTS. Who has that kind of priorities???

I do not record, so counting on all of you to post your observations.

Ha! :D I'll actually be watching football since the Bucs are playing tonight. But I'm recording DWTS to watch tomorrow night. Looking forward to the new season!

I'll be recording too, but I'll start watching an hour late. 2 other shows we watch are coming back tonight also and I watch them with Dh. Murdock Mysteries (The Artful Detective in the USA I think) and Frankie Drake Mysteries.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Forums mobile app

Is this a new season on Murdoch Mysteries? It is one of my favorite shows and I hope it is another series.

I have been through the whole show which I recorded. There were no dancers who were obviously likely to go home soon (like Rick Perry or Geraldo) although the grocery guy from the Bachelor franchise seemed to be the poorest dancer. I was surprised with the number of dancers that did a great job.

I liked what I could see of Carrie Ann's dress. Erin's needed something to snazz it up. I liked the dress the Harry Potter star wore.

Is this a new season on Murdoch Mysteries? It is one of my favorite shows and I hope it is another series.
Season 12 of Murdoch Mysteries started for me last night.

Frankie Drake started it's second season. Don't like it as much, but it's set in 1920's Toronto, has famous guest characters show up in stories like Murdock and an older George Crabtree from Murdock was on an episode last year.

Our local station is showing football instead of DWTS. Who has that kind of priorities???

I do not record, so counting on all of you to post your observations.

MNF is on ESPN...…..DWTS is on ABC......not sure where you live but I see it says Western PA...…..the Steelers played last night so maybe your particular area shows the game on both channels because of that...……...

I was not impressed by Carrie Ann's or Erin's dresses on Tuesday night. The whole show seemed to be a lot of fluff. I was glad I put it on the DVR and got through the two hours in about 20 minutes.

Agree on the fluff. I fast-forwarded a lot. I don't think I'll be watching DWTS Junior. It's bad enough that I only know a few of the adult dancers. I don't know any of the juniors except Honey Boo Boo and I refused to watch her other show so I don't really care to watch her now.

I don't remember even seeing Carrie Ann's dress on Tuesday. I didn't like Erin's black dress - too plain and too much chest area showing. The dresses on Monday were nice. The red color and mermaid skirt on Erin's were pretty on her. Her "snake" earrings were a bit odd though. :)

There were no dancers who were obviously likely to go home soon (like Rick Perry or Geraldo) although the grocery guy from the Bachelor franchise seemed to be the poorest dancer. I was surprised with the number of dancers that did a great job.

Yeah, no one did real poorly. I wasn't surprised at who went home because it could have been anyone. I wished she would have stayed longer though because she seemed funny and likeable. The Dukes of Hazard guy would have been my vote. I thought the judges overscored him.

Wow the fluff--it was really ridiculous. I read during a lot of it and we fast forward through a bunch too.

I was fine with who went home; she probably wasn't the worst dancer, but one of the bottom four or so.

I don't know about the Jr. dancers show; I'd probably enjoy it but I am a little uneasy about seeing young kids do some moves that I feel are overly provocative--this goes for the adults too, though. Sometimes they border on raunchy.

There are some really great dancers this year. Carrie Anne's dresses weren't even memorable. I liked Erin's red dress better than the black, both very plain but this seems to be her style.

I liked Erin and Carrie Ann's dresses on both nights. At least what I could see of Carrie Ann's. I always want more bling on Erin, but I was happy her earrings showed up.

I don't think I'll be watching the Jr's, but feel free to talk about it here.

I found a couple of the kid pros and a couple of the kid stars annoying and I'd never seen them before.

I was really surprised they introduced Alana as just Honey Boo Boo. Hope she has the stamina to keep up.

I'm still not sure what I think of a 10 year old calling herself a professional skateboarder.

I've watched Tuesday's show but not Monday's. I liked Erin's dress because it had some sparkle to it. Could not tell about Carrie Anne's other than it had quite a plunging neckline. Of the two couples in jeopardy, I would have sent home the one who stayed.

I liked Carrie Ann's dresses both night (or at least the top and color of Tuesday's dress since that was all I could see). I liked Erin's dress on Tuesday but not her hair braids. And her dress Monday was very 80's. It looked like something Linda Evans wore on Dynasty. :)

I feel sorry for the contestants having to learn two dances a week the first two weeks. That's a lot to learn! But most of the stars seem to be taking it well and a lot of them are really good. The 17-year-old guy is terrific. I was sorry about who got voted off this week though. I could understand why but I think the Bachelor guy could have gone first.

I liked Erin's first dress, not too fond of the one on Tuesday. The white dress was kind of Dynasty-like, but it suites her angular frame. I admit to not noticing Carrie Ann's enough to have an opinion; it's hard when you only see the top half. None of contestant's dressed made any impression on me; mostly obviously very costumey.

I do believe the right person went home if you are judging on dance quality and not on how obviously difficult it was for her. I admire and sympathize with her, (have significant vision problems myself) but don't believe that there should be, or that she wants, special treatment.

The 17-year-old guy is terrific.

Totally agree. I really like Milo.

Sorry Milo, I said before that I don't think anyone under 18 should be on.

Saw Monday and the first half of Tuesday tonight. Bruno's bedazzled jacket is to die for! More bling than most the stars.