Help with shoes to wear!

vball09

I got a great deal on a dress from Dillard's for my upcoming cruise to the West Car. in October. It was originally $90 and I purchased it for $19.99. I don't know what shoes would look best. It is a white cotten strapless dress that has a fitted bodice and then goes to a-line. It has lime green embroidery along the top right side of bodice and along the left bottom hem. It also has a lime green and white little check ribbon tie around the waist.

Thanks for your help!

I could not find a picture of it on the internet anywhere. It really is a cute dress..reminds me of a 1950's style. My mom and I looked for a pair of lime green sandals the day we bought the dress, but could not find any that were close enough and we looked everywhere. The Proffit's department stores were having "Going Out of Business" sales because Belk department store bought them out. Needless to say we went to the shoe department and searched through the 70% off tables...did not find any.....but I did walk away with a pair of white Enzo wedges, pink Nine West sandals, and gold Aerosole sandals all for under $35.

Hi, my name is Jennifer and yes I am addicted to shoes!!!!!:) But what gal isn't?

Vball/Jennifer,

At this point in the season, it's unlikely you'll find the right shade of green to match. Keep looking but don't get your hopes up.

I think your best bet would be either white or tan, like camel - not offwhite or beige. Try something strappy without too much color showing.

You could also go with something contrasting like bright yellow. However, you'd need to have it "picked up" someplace else, like w/ a yellow handbag, or bold yellow bangle bracelets, earrings or necklace.

Enjoy!

Jane

Do you have a DSW in your area? I was in one today and they have TONS and TONS of sandals on the rear clearance racks in every color of the rainbow (and some that the sandals are literally in every color of the rainbow) all marked down from 40-50%.

We do have a DSW but I am not out that way very often. It is about 40 minutes from my house. I do have some tan strappy sandals that I may use. I do like the ideal of the yellow though. I will keep my eyes open on ebay. My newest addiction besides this board.

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!! Can't wait til my cruise.

Thanks Caroline in St. Louis!! I was actually just reading this thread to pass the time, and I clicked on the link and there they were!! I was thinking about buying a pair of shoes to go with a Plum colored blazer that I paired with a lime green cami and the cutest little Juicy Couture handbag that is plum and lime colored. I wasn't really looking to find the shoes yet, but when I saw the Vigotti sandal...I was like...THAT'S IT!!! So thank you for that!

My name is Liz and I too am a shoe-a-holic! My husband wants to put me in rehab but since his insurance won't cover it, I told him I have to self-medicate! LOL! He told me if buy one more pair of shoes, he's going to throw them away! :eek: I was up to 100 pair but I just send some to my Mom and am selling some on EBay. Now I have to figure out how to get these shoes without him knowing. Maybe I can have them shipped to a friends house. Wow, maybe I do have a problem..LOL!

I hope the original poster was able to find some shoes! Zappos rocks! I love buying shoes from them. They arrive within 2 days and no hassle returns...no shoe seller compares.

Happy shoe hunting! Shoe-a-holics UNITE!!!

Now I have to figure out how to get these shoes without him knowing. Maybe I can have them shipped to a friends house. Wow, maybe I do have a problem..LOL!

You can have them shipped to my house --- size 9 only please --- and I'll take very good care of them for you!:D

Archived