E Tickets?

LaPaloma

I have read where Carnival Cruise Lines are about to start using electronic tickets (E Tickets). I wonder if this system is going to flow down to Seabourn? Its kind of nice to look forward and receive our current tickets, but I have found airline E tickets to work pretty well. I imagine the use of E tickets would appeal to the accounting department--its got to save money! I believe Carnival--like the airlines--is offering tickets both paper and electronic, so it probably won't make much difference. Any thoughts?

Well, that would probably end the need for those tacky document holders. I'm for that. I'll let you know if it's in place for our 'Carnival Legend' cruise in December.

Jane

Princess went to e-tickets last year. They still send a package that has the paper luggage tags, shore excursion lists, and so on. I don't think e-tickets saves much at all in paper or expenses.

If fact, do you even need your tickets when you board Seabourn? True, it would save a little time, but with one's passport they should be able to find you on the manifest.

Jackie

missing Seabourn, at least I have my photos and the extra pounds I gained.

Even with the e tickets I do like the Tumi document holder that we got from Seabourn. I still use it to organize those frequent flyer cards and of course our passports. It is nice and easy to find in all of the other stuff that we have with us when we travel.

Hannah

I think I just had my last Carnival document book (for a cruise in late June). I subsequently had a quick cruise booked for mid-June and e-docs were used.

Also, while Princess uses e-docs, they still send out very big Pre-Cruise Documents with tours, etc. It will be some time before they are totally paperless...because guests like to receive stuff in the mail.

My guess is that Seabourn will not be eliminating the paper ticket or will find something else to send you something pre-cruise. (BTW, Seabourn regularly changes its ticket holders, so just wait a bit and the one you think is tacky will be replaced with a new one.)

Even with the e tickets I do like the Tumi document holder that we got from Seabourn. I still use it to organize those frequent flyer cards and of course our passports. It is nice and easy to find in all of the other stuff that we have with us when we travel.

Hannah

I agree. The Tumi document holder was far better than the current version. But that one lacked a change/bill compartment. it was however, less flexible than previous versions, which I prefer. I liked the arrangement with the small discount on other Tumi products which I used every time.

I think a nice bright Seabourn blue folder with matching luggage tags would be nice.

I think the documentation presentation is quite nice, but it can seem redundant when it's not changed on a regular basis. Since I am new to Seabourn since 2005, I am curious what types of previous documentation holders they have offered in the past? I've only experienced the black Tumi Folder and the current leatherette purse holder.

I think the documentation presentation is quite nice, but it can seem redundant when it's not changed on a regular basis. Since I am new to Seabourn since 2005, I am curious what types of previous documentation holders they have offered in the past? I've only experienced the black Tumi Folder and the current leatherette purse holder.

My favorite were the dark navy blue, leather, bi-folders. Real classy. E-tickets would be Ok though IMHO. Just as long as they dont do away with the Seabourn suite key holders. They make GREAT business card holders after the cruise!

Host Dan

After 20+ trips on Sea Goddess and Seabourn I have one of the World's best collections of document holders--the most recent from Seabourn was probably the least functional--I agree with Dan the key holders are great for business cards. I do think E tickets are in our future--they must be saving the airlines lots of money--for the other "stuff" probably down load from the computer would work. We shall see! Don

The T.A.s should like saving on the Priority Postage that they used to have to spend to send Final Docs. :rolleyes:

The Cruise Lines are so clever. They make us use our own printers, ink, and paper. Some of these take up quite a few pages and can amount to a larger bundle than the previous little booklets. :eek:

Technology is wonderful. ;)

There is no doubt that it can be a bit of a cost savings, but as I send out gifts to my clients at various times (cruise dependent) and also with the final documents, I am not sure that the savings to me would be that great...and it would make the timing of my mailings different.

• 4 weeks later...

E tickets have arrived on Seabourn, yesterday I received my tickets for my 23rd June Legend Cruise and these are just a printed 2 page sheet, no box, luggage tags, ticket holder etc.

I queried this with my agent this morning and was told that all tickets for this cruise had arrived this way, they telephoned Seabourn in the UK to make sure that this was correct and were advised that yes this was the tickets!!

Has anyone on this cruise received the same?

regards

deb

My husband and I are first-time cruisers on Seabourn, sailing on the Spirit on July 21st. About ninety days prior to this date, we received a brochure, titled "Important Voyage Information" which included passport and visa requirements, shore excursion information, transfer and baggage handling, etc. Today, we picked up our cruise documents from our T. A. Packed into a black oblong drawstring bag (similar to the ones used by Regent), was a black leather case with zipper and pocket storage areas, containing a booklet featuring cruise info, itinerary, pre- & post cruise arrangements, shore excursion info, cruise tickets, and luggage tag inserts (and holders with straps). I feel quite satisfied with this type of presentation.

Elaine

Hi Elaine

The documentation and ticket holders etc you received are what i have always received previously, however this time it has just been a 2 page printed sheet, maybe it was just this cruise that they had a problem with.

Thanks for letting me know

regards

deb

Deb,

I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, because there may be an explanation, but there are some TAs that keep the "good stuff" and just send the basics either to keep the "good stuff" or save on postage. I can't imagine Seabourn would provide such basic documents to UK TAs. I have UK clients and they receive the full package described by Lanie...which I forward on.

Deb,

I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, because there may be an explanation, but there are some TAs that keep the "good stuff" and just send the basics either to keep the "good stuff" or save on postage. I can't imagine Seabourn would provide such basic documents to UK TAs. I have UK clients and they receive the full package described by Lanie...which I forward on.

Maybe I should sell the "good stuff" on eBay - I'm starting to get quite a collection :rolleyes: :D :p

Thanks Eric, i know it is not the T/A's fault as Seabourn UK have now admitted that they had a problem getting the ticket packages out, they advised my T/A that they had sent the package out direct to me on Wednesday but i have not received it and I am leaving at 5 am tomorrow morning, so will just have to make do with the 2 pages!! (less to carry!!!)

Matt LOL re ebay for the old folders etc.

Thanks again

deb

Archived