Thanksgiving Freedom Cruise 2017...Lots of Pics

cruisewithwife

Hi,

I read your review earlier this year too. And am enjoying this new review too! I really enjoy viewing all the photos, so thank you! We go at the end of February.....yippie :D

:ship::ship: Bobbi

Thanks again....we did see your son on the cruise but didn't get a photo...we were not in the comedy club nearly as much on this cruise with the kids as we were in July. You are getting close to going now

Really enjoying your review and the pictures. I saw "strawberry soup" on the menu and wondered what in the world was that then just down a little you had a picture, perfect! Looking forward to the rest of your review, looks like your family had a great time - and isn't that what it is all about!

:)

Loving your review! Thank you for posting the kids menu, I hadn't seen one before! Do you know if the kids club was open for drop off on the first night? We are crusing with our kids this coming April and next Dec, and my tentative plan was to get the kids a quick bite at the buffet (they are not big eaters and I don't fight with them about food on vacation), and then drop them at the kids club so hubby and I could go to dinner alone.

Really enjoying your review and the pictures. I saw "strawberry soup" on the menu and wondered what in the world was that then just down a little you had a picture, perfect! Looking forward to the rest of your review, looks like your family had a great time - and isn't that what it is all about!

:)

Strawberry soup is pretty amazing and all the chilled soups they pour them at the table as you start with a bowl and a piece of whatever fruit flavor it is. Then they pour the soup stuff in. Glad you are enjoying there is many more pics to come

Loving your review! Thank you for posting the kids menu, I hadn't seen one before! Do you know if the kids club was open for drop off on the first night? We are crusing with our kids this coming April and next Dec, and my tentative plan was to get the kids a quick bite at the buffet (they are not big eaters and I don't fight with them about food on vacation), and then drop them at the kids club so hubby and I could go to dinner alone.

Your welcome...camp ocean is only open for family the first night meaning you can go there with your kids but you cannot drop them off. I am going to post the activity schedule from there. What ages are your kids?

On to our 1st fun day at Sea. We did feel like being lower on the 2nd floor the room steward was not as good or should I say attentive. It could have been we were spoiled with Ron on the Freedom in July. He is on deck 7 in the front and is amazing. Our room was always clean but we didn't even meet our room steward until the 2nd day. We opted for just evening cleaning since we had the girls with. Here is the Fun Times for the 2nd actual day 1st Sea Day

enhance

enhance

We were up a little after 7:30 and the girls were ready to explore. DW on the other hand was ready for a little more sleep so I took the girls up to the Lido deck to check things out. We got up to the back pool and they had the roof closed, it was chilly outside in the 50's this was crazy.

enhance

We were doing the seaday brunch later but I thought I would take the girls to experience Arepas from Blue Iquana. I think these are very interesting good little treat.

enhance

enhance

Since it was chilly both girls enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate, I got myself some guava juice

enhance

enhance

We headed back to the room to get DW and off to seaday brunch. It was just a quick flight of stairs up to the dining room from our room and wow there was a line.

enhance

This seemed crazy as when we had went in July there was never a line to get into breakfast it is so interesting how different cruises different places are so busy. We made it in and here is a look at the menu.

enhance

enhance

We enjoyed some cinnamon rolls and lemon cake as we waited for our food.

enhance

enhance

Ainsley started with some tomato soup which everyone thought tasted pretty good

enhance

She also enjoyed some mac n cheese....she thought the mac n cheese at the bbq place was better

enhance

DW had the cottage cheese and fruit plate which she says is always delicious

enhance

She also had eggs benedict with some turkey bacon and of course corned beef hash

enhance

I had the steak and eggs with double steak. They were super busy this morning so my eggs got a little over done and they forgot to bring the sauce with the steak but it was still delicious. By far the best steak on the cruise is right here.

enhance

I also got some cheesy grits and boy are they cheesy delicious

enhance

Makenna had scrambled eggs and hashbrowns.

enhance

and they have chocolate pancakes so she had to have those

enhance

After breakfast we headed up to deck 5 to relax and watch out the windows for a while on the couches

enhance

We went over to the excursion show for a little bit even though we already had picked our excursions

enhance