Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

HOTWIRE - Tampa Convention Center Area(Downtown Tampa)

May 20th - Tampa, FL

Downtown 4**** New to Hotwire Hotel

GOT:

The Westin Tampa Waterside

725 S Harbour Island Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33602

(813) 229-5000

1 Mile from the Port of Tampa!!!

AmenitiesPet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby

PRICE:

$77.00 + 17.02 tx = $94.02 TOTAL

We stayed here last year with Hotwire and were lucky enough to get a room where we were able to watch the ship come in that morning. The area roads are under construction, but the hotel was great.

We Ubered to the port for around $10.00. It's only about 1 mile but due to traffic around the port, it took longer to get to the terminal!

Two days ago I got the Riverside on Hotwire and used a $15 coupon using the link through better bidding dot com for a total $135.86. Room showed as $123 before applying coupon. With coupon price dropped to $108. 4/16/18, a Monday, for one night.

We’ve stayed here twice before and it is a nice place for a night or two. Rooms are a bit rustic, but clean. Great location, and they’ve always let us into our room by 9:30 am, which is great after disembarking. [emoji2]

• 2 weeks later...

Did a booking on Priceline with the Express option and with the help of Betterbidding narrowed down the hotel and used a 5% off coupon on the website. Booked the 4 1/2**** EB Hotel Miami Airport for the dates of 1/26/2019 - 1/28/2019 for $140/night. Total for 2 nights $329.98 = $226 + $63.98

Amenities- outdoor pool, shuttle, non-smoking facilities, fitness center, restaurant, handicap accessible and business center. Rates for these 2 days are $209 to no availability on various websites.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Booked a Hotwire hotel for Miami Florida, January 17th - 19th, 2019. Received the 3*** Crescent Resort on South Beach $103 per night. Located on Ocean Drive. Total after using a $20 coupon with taxes and fees, $236. This hotel has a $15 resort fee.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hotwire 11/7-11/8 3* MIA Blue Lagoon

$114 + $26.91 taxes - $15 coupon = $125.91

95% reommeded Tripadvisor 4

Got Cambria Suites Miami Airport

Pretty happy with deal and glad to have booking done as I can get obsessive about searching . Arriving late afternoon to MIA and just looking for low-key clean comfortable a place close by for the night to rest up before 10 day Divina cruise.

Hotwire Hot Deal

August 2-3 4.5 TripAdvisor rating and 90% positive

Got The Hotel of South Beach for $119. But- I opted for the King Bed for $138. After taxes and fees and a $20 coupon, my total was $165. Booking directly with the hotel it would have been $222 (non-refundable) with all taxes and fees for the same room, so not a bad deal.

I booked Suite with king bed at Embassy Suites for pre cruise stay in September for $109. I like the Embassy suites because they have free airport shuttle and free cocktails, wine and hors d’oeuvres in the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked Suite with king bed at Embassy Suites for pre cruise stay in September for $109. I like the Embassy suites because they have free airport shuttle and free cocktails, wine and hors d’oeuvres in the evening.

Location of Embassy Suites, date of your stay in September and where you booked it through are details that may be helpful to readers.

Location of Embassy Suites, date of your stay in September and where you booked it through are details that may be helpful to readers.

I booked reservation for stay on Sept 15, 2018 at the Embassy Suites near the MIA airport on Travelocity. I also booked my flights to and from OKC and 7 day Caribbean cruise on NCL Getaway at Travelocity. The flights, hotel (full suite with free airport shuttle, breakfast buffet, drinks, and hors d’oeuvres), and Cruise in Balcony traveling Solo with 4 perks + $200 OBC was a total of $1,986.84 all in including all taxes, port charges, perk gratuities, and fees! The $200 onboard credit is going to completely pay for the balance due on all of my tours plus the charge for two optional dinner shows. So this cruise and trip will be truly all inclusive!

Edited by Jana60

• 1 month later...

Last week searched Priceline for Miami hotels. I ended up narrowing it to 5☆ because all listed were in the "relatively" reasonable $225-275 range, before negotiation. One night, 10/12/18, at the Kimpton Epic was listed at $224. I got it with an Express Deal for $134.

• 2 weeks later...

I am new to Priceline. I named a price of $100 for a 4 star hotel in Miami Brickell 12/16-12/18. It was accepted. I lowered it to $75 a night, accepted. I named $50 a night accepted.

At this point I am thinking something is wrong. Too good to be true. How reliable are the hotel ratings?

Cruzdude - when a priceline name your own price bid is accepted you own it with the credit card you entered. So based on your post I think you may have paid for 3 rooms already.

Recommend going to Bidding for Travel to learn how to bid.

Thanks Howard, I will look into that. The site never asked for credit card information.

OK, now thinking about the Priceline process to place a bid, there is a step before entering a credit card where it asks you to enter a bid, and then it tells you sometimes whether your bid has a chance to be accepted. Maybe this is what you have described. If that is the case, then you would want to start bidding at around $60 (I think 50 is too low no matter what) and if not accepted AFTER you have entered your credit card, then continue stepping up your bid in 5 or 10 dollar increments using the free rebid process described in Bidding for Travel. There is also Better Bidding to look at for guidance.

Once you are accepted after you have entered your credit card, that's it, you have bought your room. If your bid is not accepted then you will be asked to change some of your variables like geographic area or star level. So you can get a free rebid by adding a geographic area that does not have any 4 star properties available. You do this over and over, raising bid each time until you win or reach a price that is not acceptable to you. To find which areas do not have 4 star hotels available you have to one at a time select each area as your are going thru the process to enter your bid.

Would also suggest you look at Express Deals to get an idea of pricing for your dates. Good Luck.

OK, now thinking about the Priceline process to place a bid, there is a step before entering a credit card where it asks you to enter a bid, and then it tells you sometimes whether your bid has a chance to be accepted. Maybe this is what you have described. If that is the case, then you would want to start bidding at around $60 (I think 50 is too low no matter what) and if not accepted AFTER you have entered your credit card, then continue stepping up your bid in 5 or 10 dollar increments using the free rebid process described in Bidding for Travel. There is also Better Bidding to look at for guidance.

Once you are accepted after you have entered your credit card, that's it, you have bought your room. If your bid is not accepted then you will be asked to change some of your variables like geographic area or star level. So you can get a free rebid by adding a geographic area that does not have any 4 star properties available. You do this over and over, raising bid each time until you win or reach a price that is not acceptable to you. To find which areas do not have 4 star hotels available you have to one at a time select each area as your are going thru the process to enter your bid.

Would also suggest you look at Express Deals to get an idea of pricing for your dates. Good Luck.

Thanks Howard.

CD, just noticed we are both sailing on 12/9 from Port Everglades, but I'm on Silhouette. Can't wait to hear about Edge.

I'm back on these boards after about a 10 year absence while I worked with Carnival and RCCL ships as Port Agent. Don't mind if you contact me for help with your bid at hmw608 at aol dot com.