Help please! RC capacity limits?

Palm Springs, Calif
42,511 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Once lifeboat capacity is reached withing a section of rooms for it, then no more passengers can be added to one of those rooms. It is always best to add a person at the beginning then to try and add later on. Right after I posted I saw you were able to add them, that is great.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com
Alternate : Lea dot [email protected] dot between the Lea&gaye

Emerald Roll Call https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvfqBeEKG865gS-4hT-Oz90AfTzr
& Allure Roll Call Sheets
Michigan-Arizona
2,538 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by CruzRon
OP here: after much pleading, I got an email back saying that something opened up, and I was able to add him. Whew! Thanks for all the advice everyone!
Great News, enjoy!
White Marsh, Maryland
2,580 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
OP here: after much pleading, I got an email back saying that something opened up, and I was able to add him. Whew! Thanks for all the advice everyone!
That's great news. Enjoy your cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Linda & Lowell

Past Cruises:
Grandeur of the Seas B2B Feb.1 & Feb. 10, 2018, Oasis of the Seas Jan. 7, 2018, Grandeur of the Seas B2B Jan 23 & Feb.4, 2017, Carnival Pride Sept. 25, 2016, Grandeur of the Seas B2B Jan.24 & Feb 3 2016,

Carnival Pride Sept 27, 2015, Grandeur of the Seas B2B Jan & Feb 2015 Carnival Pride Sept. 2014 Grandeur of Seas B2B Jan & Feb 2014,
Grandeur of Seas Oct. 2013 Carnival Pride Sept 2013,
Enchantment of the Seas B2B Jan. & Feb. 2013,Carnival Pride Oct. 2012,
Carnival Pride May 2012,Enchantment of Seas Feb 2012, Carnival Pride Sept. 2011, Carnival Pride May 2011, Freedom of Seas Jan. 2011,
Carnival Pride Aug 2010, Freedom of Seas Jan. 2010, Carnival Pride May 2009, Grandeur of Seas Oct 2008 Repositioning, Grandeur of Seas June 2007
Sunderland England
8,817 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Fantastic news very happy for you and your family.
I hope you all have a wonderful Cruise.
Ontario
19,611 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Glad it worked out.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ken

Coming soon

12/2018: Allure Christmas
03/2019: Symphony
12/2019: Oasis Christmas
03/2020: Anthem

Sailed on
Sovereign, Monarch, Majesty, Enchantment, Jewel, Serenade, Liberty, Freedom, Allure, Oasis, Harmony
148 Posts
Joined Aug 2002
Woohoo!! That’s great news. So happy for you! Hope you all have the best time.
Delray Beach, FL, USA
460 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by RDC1
The muster station is set by cabin location and does not change between cruises. Most cruise lines have the muster station number and directions to it on a permanent placard on the cabin door, as well as on your sea pass card.As such you might not know in advance which muster station your cabin is assigned to, but the booking system certainly does and will cap sales when the limit is reached. They will usually assume that all cabins will be sold, and will limit the 3/4 numbers accordingly.

They do not assign someone to a muster station other than that the one determined by cabin.
I do not think that this is always true. My wife's and I were on the July 9 cruise on the Mariner OTS. When we checked in on line, we received SetSail passes that showed "Muster Station A02". (I think that showing muster stations on SetSail passes is a new feature for RCCL.) However, when we checked in at the port, we were given room keycards marked "B7 Assembly Station". This was in spite of the fact that we printed the SetSail passes at the last opportunity only 4 days before the cruise, well after the Mariner resumed operations after the June dry dock. The plaque in the cabin also was marked B7 but it looked brand new. I guessed that the cruise line must have shifted the cabin from A2 to B7 because A2 was over capacity.
Oakland Park, Fl
14,775 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by actuarian
I guessed that the cruise line must have shifted the cabin from A2 to B7 because A2 was over capacity.
Or just as likely, there was an IT glitch which listed the wrong station on your SetSail pass.
Sunderland England
8,817 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by Biker19
Or just as likely, there was an IT glitch which listed the wrong station on your SetSail pass.
What!! An IT glitch on RCCL?
Western TN
1,078 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
Good to hear that you were able to add them!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Diane

15 Royal Caribbean, 1 Disney, 1 Carnival and 1 Holland America cruises completed.
3,551 Posts
Joined Dec 2010
Originally posted by actuarian
I do not think that this is always true. My wife's and I were on the July 9 cruise on the Mariner OTS. When we checked in on line, we received SetSail passes that showed "Muster Station A02". (I think that showing muster stations on SetSail passes is a new feature for RCCL.) However, when we checked in at the port, we were given room keycards marked "B7 Assembly Station". This was in spite of the fact that we printed the SetSail passes at the last opportunity only 4 days before the cruise, well after the Mariner resumed operations after the June dry dock. The plaque in the cabin also was marked B7 but it looked brand new. I guessed that the cruise line must have shifted the cabin from A2 to B7 because A2 was over capacity.
I would suspect that they moved the cabin from A2 to B7 permanently due to some change or other. They do not move them for a cruise and then move them back. It either might have been a reconfiguration of some rooms, or a change due to data showing one part of the ship tended to get higher fill rates than another.

The interesting thing is usually A is cabins in the bow, B is bow-mid, C is stern-mid and D is stern areas.