Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:13 AM.
1,347 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Hi all,
Are you able to apply for status match after your first cruise? We gain platinum status on ncl one day before our first ever msc cruise so would need to wait until after the cruise to apply with the higher status.
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Honolulu
1,776 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by teamflames
Hi all,
Are you able to apply for status match after your first cruise? We gain platinum status on ncl one day before our first ever msc cruise so would need to wait until after the cruise to apply with the higher status.
Thanks

That would be possible.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Lancashire... UK
1,119 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Hi...not too sure. When we cruised with MSC and asked for status match to be included a few months later they told me that it had to be applied within so many weeks of booking so we missed out. They may have changed the rules now
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
P&O Oceana Caribbean Dec 2010
Princess Star Mediterranean Sept 2011
P&O Azura Caribbean Dec 2011
RCI IOTS Canaries April 2012
Princess Caribbean Round Britain May 2012
P&O Oceana Canaries Nov 20112
Celebrity Infinity Norway & Fjords May 213
Princess Crown Mediterranean July 2013
P&O Ventura Mediterranean Oct 2013
Thomson Spirit Ireland May 2014
MSC Magnifica Northern Cities Sept 2014
MSC Splendida Northern Cities Sep 2016
P&O Azura Fjords Sept 2017
P&O Azura Spain,Portugal & France April 2018
Thomson Discovery European Experience Sept 2018
P&O Azura Fjords April 2019
MSC Preziosa Northern Europe & Iberian Coast May 2019
P&O Ventura Netherlands,Belgium & Guernsey July 2019
P&O Ventura Spanish Cities & Portugal Sept 2019
Houston tx
155 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
I did status match before my first cruise I used my Hilton stay
You should join the Voyager club first . This has to be done at ahead of the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Emerald Sea 1987 Bahamas
Curnard QEII 1994 Trans Atlantic
Curnard QEII 2007 Norwegian Fjord
Holland American 2012 Niew Amsterdam Caribbean
Princess Caribbean 2013 western Caribbean
Celebrity Eclipse 2013 Azores, Canary Islands
Holland American Zuiderdam 2015 Partial Panama Canal
Celebrity Equinox 2017 Southern Caribbean
Oklahoma City, OK
11,446 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Ok a real mixture of results. Reading the terms it appears it needs to be done before first cruise which is a shame
So go ahead and match your NCL gold now. It's better than nothing and starting at the bottom with MSC.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carmen

Celebrity Galaxy 11/04
Grand Princess 2/06
Carnival Conquest 10/06
Celebrity Mercury to Alaska 9/07 very cool - literally!
Vegas, baby! 11/08
NCL Spirit 1/09, where everybody knew my name (which was strange and a little fun at the same time)
NCL Pearl 3/10
HAL Oosterdam 5/2011, back to Alaska we went!
RCCL Mariner OTS 3/2012 - another 1st!
NCL Star 12/2012 - more firsts!
NCL Jewel 12/2013 - Christmas on the water
NCL Jewel 11/2014 - and a few more firsts!
NCL Sun 5/2015 - North to Alaska, this time into Denali!
NCL Dawn 11/2015
NCL Dawn 11/2016. I'm really getting used to not cooking on Thanksgiving!
NCL Pearl 11/2017

NCL Breakaway 11/2018
MSC Seaside 3/2019 trying something new

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Norwood Young America, MN
65 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
I believe that from the way it is worded, that you can do a "Status Match" at any time.
But, you can ONLY do a status match ONCE!
So, MAKE SURE you are going to match it to the program/status you want.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
MSC Seaside: 7-Night Eastern Caribbean
Previous Cruises:
Majesty of the Seas: 4/6/18-4/9/18 3-Night Bahamas
Enchantment of the Seas: 3/12-3/16/18 4-Night Bahamas
Brilliance of the Seas: 12/18-12/23/17 5-Night Western Caribbean
1,347 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by GORDONCHICK
So go ahead and match your NCL gold now. It's better than nothing and starting at the bottom with MSC.

I am happy to if need be, trying to see if I can squeeze a cruise in between to get us to platinum beforehand

1,347 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by FireEMT978
I believe that from the way it is worded, that you can do a "Status Match" at any time.

But, you can ONLY do a status match ONCE!

So, MAKE SURE you are going to match it to the program/status you want.

Ok I will reread and take a look, might try and contact msc and see what they say

Texas
2,075 Posts
Joined May 2011
Hi all,
Thanks

Are you saying you gain platinum status on NCL the day before your cruise with MSC? I take it you'll be finishing one cruise and taking another the next day or two.

Does NCL not automatically state you're the next level if the level will be gained while on the cruise?

At any rate, MSC's site states that you must apply for a status match no later than 7 days before your cruise [with MSC]. It will take 4-7 days for them to process your claim. Once you apply for the status match you can't request another one. Hope that helps.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises
Carnival Freedom 10/6/18 Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay (Galveston)
MSC Seaside 7/28/18 Ocho Rios, Cayman Islands, Cozumel, Nassau (Miami)
Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/17/19 Belize, Labadee, Roatan Island, Cozumel (Ft. Lauderdale)
Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/16/20 St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Thomas (Ft. Lauderdale)

Past Cruises

Carnival Breeze 4/29/18 Montego Bay, Cozumel (Galveston) - Chartered cruise
Carnival Miracle 9/30/17 Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta (Long Beach)
Carnival Vista 10/11/16 Rhodes/Greece, Valleta/Malta, Messina, Naples, Rome, Livorno/Italy, Marseilles/France (Athens, Greece/Barcelona, Spain)
Carnival Triumph 10/24/15 Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Martinique, St. Maarten (Galveston/San Juan)
Carnival Breeze 1/31/14 St. Thomas, Antigua, San Juan, Nassau (Miami) - Blogger's Cruise 8
Carnival Magic 10/19/14 Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Cozumel (Galveston) - Last cruise with my mom (she's over it)
Carnival Triumph 8/30/14 Progreso, Cozumel (Galveston)
Carnival Sunshine 2/16/14 Mahogany Bay, Belize, Cozumel (New Orleans) - Blogger's Cruise 7 - Read the review
Carnival Breeze 10/26/13 Grand Turk, La Romana, Curacao, Aruba (Miami) - Semi Cruise from Hell. Read the review
Carnival Valor 7/28/13 St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten (San Juan) - Solo Birthday cruise - Read the review
Carnival Victory 10/14/12 St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten (San Juan) - Read the review
Carnival Triumph 1/26/12 Cozumel (Galveston)
Carnival Destiny 10/17/2011 Grand Turks & Caicos, Half Moon Cay, Nassau (Miami) - I surprised my mom with this cruise for her birthday!
Carnival Celebration 11/13/2003 Cozumel (Galveston)
1,347 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by Leo's Rule
Are you saying you gain platinum status on NCL the day before your cruise with MSC? I take it you'll be finishing one cruise and taking another the next day or two.

Does NCL not automatically state you're the next level if the level will be gained while on the cruise?

At any rate, MSC's site states that you must apply for a status match no later than 7 days before your cruise [with MSC]. It will take 4-7 days for them to process your claim. Once you apply for the status match you can't request another one. Hope that helps.

Hi there,
Yes exactly, take an MSc cruise the day after our ncl cruise (where we attain the platinum status) ends. Unfortunately you only gain the status at the completion of the cruise!
I agree that retreading the terms and conditions of MSc it must be done before your first cruise. Unless I can squeeze in another cruise I might have to contact MSc and see if they will help.

SOUTH WALES
3,991 Posts
Joined Aug 2010
Hi all,
Thanks

Originally posted by Leo's Rule

Hi there,
Yes exactly, take an MSc cruise the day after our ncl cruise (where we attain the platinum status) ends. Unfortunately you only gain the status at the completion of the cruise!
I agree that retreading the terms and conditions of MSc it must be done before your first cruise. Unless I can squeeze in another cruise I might have to contact MSc and see if they will help.
I think you must be reading different T&Cs to me,
Mine say you can join if you have sailed before

Passengers who have sailed at least once on an MSC cruise and subscribe on board
will receive confirmation that their subscription has been successful via email at the
end of the cruise (approximately 10 days after the cruise is completed). The email
will contain their Club identification number and an electronic version of the
MSC Voyagers Club card. Regulations regarding recovery of points for previous
cruises are set out in clause 3.1 of the present terms and conditions
So it may be worth holding off until you have the new level in NCL then apply for the Status Match
Have you checked what level NCL platinum gets?
according to my information it equates to Black which is probably worth waiting to get.

hope this is of use to you

Pete
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

275 nights at sea (147 with MSC)

pete at cruisingmates dot co dot uk

1961 HMTS Dunera UK to CYPRUS 23 nights
1962 Cyprus to Isreal and Egypt 5 nights
1991 Carnival Jubilee L.A. / Mexico (Total Eclipse Cruise) 7 nights
1998 Carnival Fascination Caribbean (Total Eclipse Cruise) 7 nights
1999 Airtours Sundream W. Med 7 nights
2000:Airtours Sundream Baltic 15 nights
2005 MSC Opera E. Med 7 nights
2007 MSC Lirica W. Med 7 nights
2008 MSC Orchestra W. Med 7 nights
2009 MSC Orchestra Caribbean 7 nights
2009 RCI Serenade OTS (JS) Alaska 7 nights
2009 MSC Musica E. Med 7 nights
2010:RCI Explorer OTS (GS) Caribbean 9 nights
2010 MSC Splendida W. Med 7 nights
2011 NCL Norwegian Dawn (Penthouse Suite) W. Caribbean 5 nights Back to Back
2011 NCL Norwegian Dawn (Penthouse Suite) S. Caribbean 9 nights Back to Back
2011 P&O Azura Norway 7 nights
2011 RCI Grandeur OTS (GS) W. Med 7 nights
2012 MSC Splendida W. Med 7 nights
2012 RCI Splendour OTS (GS) Repo Brazil to Spain 13 nights
2012 RCI Splendour OTS (GS) E. Med 7 nights
2012 MSC Divina E. Med 7 nights (YC)
2013 MSC Opera UK to Lisbon and back 10 nights
2013 MSC Sinfonia W. Med 7 nights (Yippee!! BLACK CARD after this;;-- GOT IT NOW!!!!!!)
2014 MSC Opera UK to Souh Africa Grand voyage 21 nights
2014 MSC Sinfonia E. Med. 11 nights
2016 MSC Orchestra Caribbean 14 nights B2B with
2016 MSC Orchestra Trans Atlantic 14 nights
2016 MSC Splendida Repo UK to Italy 7 nights

2017 MSC Meraviglia Western Med (YC) 7 nights

BOOKED

2018 MSC Seaview Western Med 7 nights

2018 MSC Magnifica Repo 9 nights

1,347 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by Skier52
I think you must be reading different T&Cs to me,

Mine say you can join if you have sailed before

So it may be worth holding off until you have the new level in NCL then apply for the Status Match

Have you checked what level NCL platinum gets?

according to my information it equates to Black which is probably worth waiting to get.

hope this is of use to you

Pete

Hi Pete,
This is in big red bold on their website:
In order to qualify for the Status Match program, you must apply no later than 7 days before your cruise start date.
We ask that you allow up to 4 - 7 business days for your status match request to be completed.

So must apply before cruise, sounds definitive. I will call them I think to clarify.

Yes Platinum equates to black which is worthwhile while I think ncl gold is actually 2 levels below black

Honolulu
1,776 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Status match 7 days before to get the reciprocal status on that cruise from MSC. You cant status match 3 days before cruise and expect to have the status match done is what i believe that means. Does not preculde you from doing a status match after cruising with MSC.
Hi Pete,
This is in big red bold on their website:
In order to qualify for the Status Match program, you must apply no later than 7 days before your cruise start date.
We ask that you allow up to 4 - 7 business days for your status match request to be completed.

So must apply before cruise, sounds definitive. I will call them I think to clarify.

Yes Platinum equates to black which is worthwhile while I think ncl gold is actually 2 levels below black

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
1,347 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by frank808
Status match 7 days before to get the reciprocal status on that cruise from MSC. You cant status match 3 days before cruise and expect to have the status match done is what i believe that means. Does not preculde you from doing a status match after cruising with MSC.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Oh ok, well that makes it worthwhile holding off for one cruise then. Will still talk to them and see if they might agree to it beforehand