Live from the Westerdam !

shipcafe

Hi Everyone !

Sailing between Half Moon Cay and Ft. Lauderdale right now with the sounds of the production show "Stage and Screen" in the background.

I have to say that the new Signature of Excellence Euro Top mattresses are all that you have heard and MORE. Until now, cruise ship bedding has just been a place to rest and get up right away for the next day for me. Now, after a great night of sleep, I just want to stay in bed and in a positive way! The mattresses are just so comfortable that anyone on any of the ships should find them just wonderful.

The weather today in Half Moon Cay was spectacular. I witnessed the horses on the beach for the horseback riding and it was beautiful. It was just so cute (for lack of a more professional word) to see the horse frolicking in the water. The guests who rode all were saying the same thing, "This was the experience of a lifetime".

Anyhow, I fly tomorrow to San Diego for my 12/4 Ryndam cruise and am very much looking forward to it.

Hope that all are doing great!

Steve

Even though I did see the Westerdam while in Venice, Italy earlier this year I do have to add that the Westerdam is just a beautiful piece of work. I feel that she is the most beautiful of the Vista-Class ships. I have tried to capture an additional few photos to modify my existing photologue on ShipCafe.net and will do that upon my return. I got some spectacular photos of her while anchored at HMC today from the tender.

Steve

Hey, Steve - hope all's continuing to go well...

Is DJ Jazzy Jeff the assistant CD? Who's the CD? Is Mark Zeller on board as Bar Mgr or F&B Mgr? Who's playing in the Piano lounge? :confused:

Thanks! :D

Hi Everyone !

I have to say that the new Signature of Excellence Euro Top mattresses are all that you have heard and MORE. Until now, cruise ship bedding has just been a place to rest and get up right away for the next day for me. Now, after a great night of sleep, I just want to stay in bed and in a positive way! The mattresses are just so comfortable that anyone on any of the ships should find them just wonderful.

Steve

We just finished 17 nights on the Westerdam from Barcelona. Getting up each morning was very difficult. Missed the usual ocean rock and roll, which we looked forward too. The mattresses made up for this, along with great stabilizers.

Was disappointed to see the ugly blue bench on the 6th floor rear elevator area had a broken neck that had been repaired, even with a chipped piece still missing.

George

DSCF3743.JPG.82a94852bdd23922b522c018aec62e4f.JPG

We just finished 17 nights on the Westerdam from Barcelona. Getting up each morning was very difficult. Missed the usual ocean rock and roll, which we looked forward too. The mattresses made up for this, along with great stabilizers.

Was disappointed to see the ugly blue bench on the 6th floor rear elevator area had a broken neck that had been repaired, even with a chipped piece still missing.

George

I have always loved these benches on the Zuirderdam and especially the Oosterdam where it is Blue and White. Unfortuately I am not so sure I like it in the colors they have it in on the Westerdam. I guess I will just have to wait and see it in person

Hey, Steve - hope all's continuing to go well...

Is DJ Jazzy Jeff the assistant CD? Who's the CD? Is Mark Zeller on board as Bar Mgr or F&B Mgr? Who's playing in the Piano lounge? :confused:

Thanks! :D

Yes Jazzy Jeff is the dee jay on board. It was great to catch up with him. We exchanged some words while watching the guests enjoy the horses on HMC ...

I don't have the piano player name on hand but guests who attended said that he was spectacular.

Steve

Archived