Adventure of the seas Panoramic ocean view L1 Cat.

We usually do a balcony but are looking to save a bit for our next cruise and found this really cool cabin.Anyone actually sail in one, any thoughts? Its on deck 12 and we have a choice between cabins, 1822, 1874, 1860, 1862, 1808, and 1812. Any advice on which you would choose and why? We LOVED Explorer so this would be fun to sail in a sister ship recently overhauled. Thanks for any help.

We usually do a balcony but are looking to save a bit for our next cruise and found this really cool cabin.Anyone actually sail in one, any thoughts? Its on deck 12 and we have a choice between cabins, 1822, 1874, 1860, 1862, 1808, and 1812. Any advice on which you would choose and why? We LOVED Explorer so this would be fun to sail in a sister ship recently overhauled. Thanks for any help.

We have sailed in the ocenview panoramic cabins before and LOVE them. We are booked on the Adventure in the future in one again. From the cabins you listed, looks like you are looking at a cabin for more than 2 people. All of the cabins you mentioned are similar. I would pick 1808, just because it has a little more unique view facing more towards the front of the ship. I would highly recommend asking them to waitlist your for cabin 1864 if it becomes available. That is the one we have booked. It is the same price and much larger. Look at the ship deck plan and you will see what I mean.

We have sailed in the ocenview panoramic cabins before and LOVE them. We are booked on the Adventure in the future in one again. From the cabins you listed, looks like you are looking at a cabin for more than 2 people. All of the cabins you mentioned are similar. I would pick 1808, just because it has a little more unique view facing more towards the front of the ship. I would highly recommend asking them to waitlist your for cabin 1864 if it becomes available. That is the one we have booked. It is the same price and much larger. Look at the ship deck plan and you will see what I mean.
Thank you so much. I was quite surprised they had rooms like this. I love that it's the very front of the ship. It a very different perspective. We wanted to book a promenade cabin but they won't let us because we are more than 2. Why those cabins don't allow 3 is beyond me especially when one is only 5 years old. Anyway this one a great alternative or even better maybe. Thank you again for the insight.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I saw another date that is even cheaper and more cabins open. 1802 is the very front of the ship. I think this is the one.

Glad you found a cabin that works for you at an even better price. The view from the front of the ship is very different and unique. I think you will enjoy it. Our kids LOVED laying in the window at the front of the ship (we had 1894 - the family panoramic suite (before they made it a suite).

Another great thing about the location of the cabin is you just take the stairs down one level and you are in the spa area which has great showers, hot tub, sauna, steam room, an premium towels. I always use this to clean up before dinner each evening when my wife and daughters monopolize the washroom in our cabin.

Not sure if the link below will work for you or not, but if it does, there are links to two videos (on cabin 1804 - which give a good idea of the view you will have, and 1816 - which is the same type cabin you would have). I still recommend asking to be wait-listed for 1864 in case the person cancels it.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Adventure-of-the-Seas&deck=12

Edited by Russ Lomas
add more info

Glad you found a cabin that works for you at an even better price. The view from the front of the ship is very different and unique. I think you will enjoy it. Our kids LOVED laying in the window at the front of the ship (we had 1894 - the family panoramic suite (before they made it a suite).

Another great thing about the location of the cabin is you just take the stairs down one level and you are in the spa area which has great showers, hot tub, sauna, steam room, an premium towels. I always use this to clean up before dinner each evening when my wife and daughters monopolize the washroom in our cabin.

Not sure if the link below will work for you or not, but if it does, there are links to two videos (on cabin 1804 - which give a good idea of the view you will have, and 1816 - which is the same type cabin you would have). I still recommend asking to be wait-listed for 1864 in case the person cancels it.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Adventure-of-the-Seas&deck=12

Thank you, I appreciate the post. It looks like a really cool view from up high in front of the ship. I think we'll have fun. We haven't had anything but a balcony in a very long time so we'll see ultimately how much we miss a balcony.

I would highly recommend asking them to waitlist your for cabin 1864 if it becomes available. That is the one we have booked. It is the same price and much larger. Look at the ship deck plan and you will see what I mean.

Cabin 1864 is 283 square feet, the same size as the handicap cabin 1814. The other 1L cabins are 191 square feet so 1864 is 48% larger and is actually larger than the a JS (excluding the JS balcony). It is hard to understand why it is in the same category but, for that very reason, 1864 is likely to be the first 1L cabin to get booked so it is hard to get unless you reserve it as soon a sailing becomes available (and have a party of 3 or more).

The family Panoramic Suites are 1804 and 1854. There is no cabin 1894 on the Adventure.

We are booked in 1804 in March and are excited to try this new cabin. We typically book a cabin that has a balcony, and a huge fan of the aft, so this will be a change for us. The window view looks awesome.

The family Panoramic Suites are 1804 and 1854. There is no cabin 1894 on the Adventure.

That was a typo on my part. I meant to type 1804 but missed the "0" by a key. Our relatives had 1854 on the same cruise and loved it as much as we loved 1804.

Cabin 1864 is 283 square feet, the same size as the handicap cabin 1814. The other 1L cabins are 191 square feet so 1864 is 48% larger and is actually larger than the a JS (excluding the JS balcony). It is hard to understand why it is in the same category but, for that very reason, 1864 is likely to be the first 1L cabin to get booked so it is hard to get unless you reserve it as soon a sailing becomes available (and have a party of 3 or more).

We have a party of 4 and booked 1864 immediately when we saw it was available for our upcoming cruise. Even if it is taken already, it takes only 30 seconds for the OP to request this cabin if the person who has it now cancels it. You never know.

We are booked in 1804 in March and are excited to try this new cabin. We typically book a cabin that has a balcony, and a huge fan of the aft, so this will be a change for us. The window view looks awesome.

I can guarantee you are going to LOVE 1804. We had it on the Freedom and loved the view, size of the cabin, and location. It feels like you are on the bridge steering the ship. One note for those booking the rooms at the front of the ship...you must keep the curtains closed at night since the light interferes with the vision of those on the bridge when it is dark outside. No real issue since you cannot see anything at night out the windows anyways.

I can guarantee you are going to LOVE 1804. We had it on the Freedom and loved the view, size of the cabin, and location. It feels like you are on the bridge steering the ship. One note for those booking the rooms at the front of the ship...you must keep the curtains closed at night since the light interferes with the vision of those on the bridge when it is dark outside. No real issue since you cannot see anything at night out the windows anyways.

Thanks for sharing this info (and for the tip about keeping the curtains closed). We are even more excited to sail in this cabin!

On the Mariner 1864 is also a handicapped cabin. Wonder if that is an oversight that on the AD it's not listed that way. I didn't check the other ships that have that cabin

We originally were booked for a balcony room, which we always have. When I Saw these panoramic rooms on Adventure I immediately switched because these rooms were just put in February of this year and they look just like the rooms on Anthem, plus we saved $1000! We are doing a back to back , very excited!

Marg

We were booked in a balcony room, which we always get. When I saw these panoramic rooms were put in February of this year and look just like the rooms on Anthem, I immediately switched and saved $1000! Doing our first back to back, very excited!

Marg

Love love love the panoramic oceanview cabins on deck 12. We've done them twice now on the Navigator (sister ship to Explorer). Also deck 12 is very quiet, rooms only on one side of the hall, and behind the spa. It's like your own little oasis to get away from the crows.

On the Mariner 1864 is also a handicapped cabin. Wonder if that is an oversight that on the AD it's not listed that way. I didn't check the other ships that have that cabin

I do not think it was an oversight; the 1L cabins were only added to the Mariner during the last dry dock less than 2 months ago. It is quite possible that 1864 may eventually become a handicapped cabin on all the ships as they go to dry dock but right now it is only the Mariner. On the other ships, 1864 is reserved for parties of 3 or more but, on the Mariner, it is available to handicapped parties of 2. My guess is that, as RCI adds more cabins to the older ships, it has to reduce the number of cabins reserved for larger parties in order to avoid running out of space on lifeboats. For example, the two panoramic suites (1804 and 1854) were once family rooms and reserved for larger parties. That restriction was removed when they were reclassified. Similarly, when they make 1864 available to parties of 2, they probably make it a handicapped cabin just because it is to large to sell to non-handicapped parties of 2 at the same price as the other 1L cabins.

Edited by actuarian

We just booked 1868 on a New England itinerary for next year. Unfortunately the 1864 and its mate on the other side were already booked, but I'm still excited about just having the large window vs a porthole. At least I know that this picture is misleading from a lot of the non-official 'cabin review' sites, pity that there are a lot of people that think EVERY one of these cabins look like this...

1lxl.jpg.21d7d68d01b89bd6c248296941b1a219.jpg

In reality the majority of them look like this one, that's the one I'm expecting to get and I STILL love it ;);)

ad-cat-p1-p2-l-pano-oceanview.jpg.7595b7e29eed783d41b517cb0f600497.jpg

We just booked 1868 on a New England itinerary for next year. Unfortunately the 1864 and its mate on the other side were already booked, but I'm still excited about just having the large window vs a porthole. At least I know that this picture is misleading from a lot of the non-official 'cabin review' sites, pity that there are a lot of people that think EVERY one of these cabins look like this...

[ATTACH]425663[/ATTACH]

In reality the majority of them look like this one, that's the one I'm expecting to get and I STILL love it ;);)

[ATTACH]425664[/ATTACH]

The first picture is of a category VP suite (either 1804 or 1854). Those are the only accommodations on deck 12 that have the revolving television that is so clearly shown by the picture.