AC on the Magic

mignano8

Has anyone been on the Magic lately? I keep hearing people complain about the AC, we will be on the Magic in September and we have cabin 9287 anyone been in that cabin lately? How the AC aim this cabin !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in a suite on the 7th floor this last feb and in our cabin it was actually chilly but my mom and son's room right next to us it was warm and they had the temp turned all the way down. My mom ended up getting a fan and that seemed to help some.

I was on the Magic 6/23 and on deck 9 - A/C was not working well. Had to get a fan. Several other people on deck 9 were complaining too. (The ship had engine problems - only 4 of the 6 were working - 1 was down for maintenance and then another one went down)

Just got off the July 14 sailing on the Magic. I was in 7290 and my room was comfortably cold even when I didn't turn the air conditioner to its coldest setting. My sister and brother in law were in a Ocean Suite and their air conditioning didn't work as well, but still kept the room cool.

We just got off the 7/14 sailing cabin 8339 balcony. Our AC worked great but talked to others who had hot cabins entire cruise. One thing that irritated me was they turn off or lower the AC until ship sails in the cabins. We called because we thought ours was broke and was told it doesn’t cool down until sailing time. Which stinks because we bought FTTF and was onboard by 10:45 so no nap before sailing lol

We are currently on Deck 10 Forward in a balcony cabin and our A/C is working great. We brought a fan with us, but haven't needed it. However, I have heard several instances of the A/C not working well in some cabins.

That's good to hear. We're in 10212 and 10216 in February and I'm always hot.

We were on the Magic last October, Room 12036, which is under the Spa. Was "HOTTER than HECK!". Called the front desk and a guy came out and said the temperature was "With-in Spec". Didn't offer us a fan. ( I didn't know to ask) I ended up taking the A/C vent covers down when we were in the room. It helped a little bit, especially at night.

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Sept. 8 sailing of Magic. So far on our cruise group we have 55 cabins that have reported issues with AC. One person had a thermal camera and recorded an average temp of 80. I was in 2302 and the fan I brought was a lifesaver. I don't think our cabin ever got below 76 at the lowest.