Again, Well Done Azamara !

BillC

Last night a dear friend / fellow traveler suffered a serious health crisis on board the Journey after it had left Singapore. Magnus et. al. decided to go back 4 hours to Singapore to evacuate him. He credits the ship's doctor and nurse to saving his life. He was taken to a hospital where he was operated on,and according to him he is in good shape and will be able to travel after 2 weeks back to Lanzarote. Why do we love Azamara and its great people ? How many gueses do you need ?:D

We heard about this and our dear friend last night. His guardian angel was with him for sure and thank you to all on Azamara for what they did,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very concerned, as good friends of ours were taking this trip on Journey.

I have not had a response from emails. I know that all of the posters who have responded are friends of theirs and have travelled with them many times.

They live on Lanzarote for part of the year, so that is why I feel it could be one of them. They were on the Singapore to Hong Kong cruise with us in December.

EM

I shared BillC’s post with the ship. Captain Magnus replied:

Thanks for sharing Bonnie!

As always it was a big team effort onboard to make the arrangements and kudos from my side to the local agent who arranged for the Cruise Terminal to be opened up again in the middle of the night.

Best Regards,

Captain Magnus Davidson | Master AZAMARA JOURNEY

Looks like your post was truncated. John or Paul?

The first

And the fantastic news was he was talking briefly to me on messenger earlier telling me he is feeling so much better.

Great team effort and such a good outcome so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The first

And the fantastic news was he was talking briefly to me on messenger earlier telling me he is feeling so much better.

Great team effort and such a good outcome so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great news. I'm sure there are many here who have come across John and Paul and wish them both well. Thank goodness it happened when it did and not on the sea days the ship is on now.

Phil

Thank you so much to everyone who has replied to help me identify whether it is one of our friends who was taken ill.

Yes, John and Paul are our very dear friends, who we first met on the Journey Mumbai to Athens cruise in May 2013. We also chatted briefly with Phil a few times on that same trip, so I have a face to put to the name there.

We had the most fabulous cruise in December and it was a joy to spend so much time with them both.

I will wait to hear from John, but so thankful he is feeling better.

Thank you for setting my mind at rest.

Just heard from John that he will be discharged from the hospital in the next few hours and will be moved back to his hotel.:D

Hi BillC,

I'm happy to hear that your friend is on the road to recovery. Kudos to Captain Magnus, and the Journey team, on taking great care of your friend - not that I'd expect anything less.... but it's always great to know that you are in good hands.

We are on the Journey now. The return to Singapore was handled so wel lthat most passengers did not even realize we had returned and departed again until an announcement was made at noon. What a smart deceision to return to Singapore! The decision made all of us feel safe in the knowledge that our health and safety come first. I am so glad he is doing well.

We are on the Journey now. The return to Singapore was handled so wel lthat most passengers did not even realize we had returned and departed again until an announcement was made at noon. What a smart deceision to return to Singapore! The decision made all of us feel safe in the knowledge that our health and safety come first. I am so glad he is doing well.

I believe a copy of a lovely photo of the patient, now resting up and looking good in the hotel in Singapore has been sent to the ship. It is so wonderful to see and to realise the fantastic skills of those onboard and what they managed to do in the Golden Hour.