MSC Yacht Club...Yes, I'm Going To Ask About Shorts

bwelborn

So, it's probably been ten years since I've been on MSC. Leaving on the 25th in YC Divina; we are converts from NCL Haven.

I've been reading about the dress code for LeMuse. Are shorts acceptable on non formal evenings? We live in a resort area and my husband is in linen shorts and alligator loafers most of the time. That's why we enjoy NCL so much.

Just trying to determine how many pairs of long pants to pack for him.

This is on another thread. No shorts allowed for dinner.

I should have clarified that there seemed to be a mixed response from what others had reported. Anyone there lately that can confirm. Find it hard to believe that they aren't allowed on casual evenings.

I should have clarified that there seemed to be a mixed response from what others had reported. Anyone there lately that can confirm. Find it hard to believe that they aren't allowed on casual evenings.

We heared some people be told that they have to change on a casual evening on the Meraviglia last summer. Don't know if a cruise in Europe is more formal than other cruises.

Based on my one experience in YC, no, not allowed and it would be awkward to push it. My husband too enjoys wearing very nice Bermuda short with a collared shirt + blue blazer, which is "country club dress", but he takes his long khakis for dinner in the YC restaurant.

He would do the same in the MDR because of the no shorts rules.

Really? We've been cruising Celebrity lately, and I don't know if they don't allow it, but none of the men were wearing shorts in the dining room at dinner.

We did have a cruise on MSC late 2016 and saw no shorts at dinner there either.

So, it's probably been ten years since I've been on MSC. Leaving on the 25th in YC Divina; we are converts from NCL Haven.

I've been reading about the dress code for LeMuse. Are shorts acceptable on non formal evenings? We live in a resort area and my husband is in linen shorts and alligator loafers most of the time. That's why we enjoy NCL so much.

Just trying to determine how many pairs of long pants to pack for him.

Not allowed at dinner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% not allowed and sorry to say, that if this is what i saw, i would make a comment to the maitre'd and see how they handle it.....its not fair to all the cruisers who abide by the small amount of rules imposed. sadly to say, it should not even be a rule, it should be common sense by the passenger - does your husband where shorts to a high-end restaurant at home (as this is what the YC restaurant actually is) - but that being said, there are many other alternate dining options for dinner if you want to where shorts at night, ie, the buffet....

I also was on Divina last September. We most certainly had a family that had two male members come to dinner each evening in shorts. They were always seated, and no one seemed to have a problem with it. They were at one of the large tables for 10 people. While I did not think it was proper, I really did not have a problem with it. Looking at a gent in shorts was preferable to looking out over the pool deck and the sights out there.

Looking at a gent in shorts was preferable to looking out over the pool deck and the sights out there.

LOL .............. I always pull the blinds when eating in YC restaurants on Fantasia class ships. The view most certainly detracts from what should be an exclusive dining experience. :o

100% not allowed and sorry to say, that if this is what i saw, i would make a comment to the maitre'd and see how they handle it.....its not fair to all the cruisers who abide by the small amount of rules imposed. sadly to say, it should not even be a rule, it should be common sense by the passenger - does your husband where shorts to a high-end restaurant at home (as this is what the YC restaurant actually is) - but that being said, there are many other alternate dining options for dinner if you want to where shorts at night, ie, the buffet....

You would tattle on someone? Does it really hurt you? Should they wear shorts....no! But seriously? Sounds like something a five year old would do!

I totally agree that if it’s the rules they should be followed. I just think telling on someone bc they didn’t follow the rules is immature! Your on vacation....you do you!

Now I wouldn’t wear shorts so it doesn’t affect me. Just think it’s immature to tattle! If the staff has a problem let them handle it!

You would tattle on someone? Does it really hurt you? Should they wear shorts....no! But seriously? Sounds like something a five year old would do!

sorry - not childish - rules are in place for a reason - sorry!!!! - its out of respect to all of the other passengers who are trying to enjoy and elegant evening, and if they were sitting in my 100% visual, yes, i would not be happy to see this...so if they allow shorts, then where does it stop - flip flops and perhaps t-shirts and tanks -

i am all for casual dining, but if you really need to where shorts to an elegant restaurant at dinner time, perhaps this venue is not for them...... just saying!!!!

Many all inclusive resorts have the same rules - long pants for gentlemen and closed shoes - seen many turned away..!!!

Edited by marcoigna