Live from the SKY

5davisfamily

We are here and it is night #2, so far so good. Food is great, staff is great. I was terrified after all that I have read. We did have some black sandy stuff come up in one of our showers today, but they came immediately and cleaned it plus fixed it. I did see some blowers in the hall up from us drying carpet, but haven't heard anything. We did over hear a man that did not have A/C, but no one else that we have talked to has had any probs. Our BB room is COLD!! All common area are cool also. Freeport today, we went to the beach in front of the Westin, and did a snorkel tour on our own that is right next to the

Westin. We saved over $100 doing it on our own. Tonight was formal night and several people were not allowed in the main dining room with shorts on. One lady really made a big scence and they finally let her in to shut her up! Almost ruined our nice Lobster/Grouper dinner! The cabin is small and yes the drawer space is a joke, but everything is clean. The bed is the hardest thing I have ever slept on, but I am a memory foam sleeper! Room service is great, and has been very fast. Today for afternoon snack it was only 10 mins!!! The shows are great to me and my family. We enjoyed the Broadway medley they did tonight, and the Comedian is awesome. We are having a great time even with a couple of small bumps. Will update again later!

SO glad to hear you are having a nice time.

Watch those internet minutes though, I spent a small fortune on them, lol! Oh, and if you can, tell the nice hispanic lady at the Coffee Bar that Monica says high. She makes a mean Bloody Mary!!! :D

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :)

We are here and it is night #2, so far so good. Food is great, staff is great. I was terrified after all that I have read. We did have some black sandy stuff come up in one of our showers today, but they came immediately and cleaned it plus fixed it. I did see some blowers in the hall up from us drying carpet, but haven't heard anything. We did over hear a man that did not have A/C, but no one else that we have talked to has had any probs. Our BB room is COLD!! All common area are cool also. Freeport today, we went to the beach in front of the Westin, and did a snorkel tour on our own that is right next to the

Westin. We saved over $100 doing it on our own. Tonight was formal night and several people were not allowed in the main dining room with shorts on. One lady really made a big scence and they finally let her in to shut her up! Almost ruined our nice Lobster/Grouper dinner! The cabin is small and yes the drawer space is a joke, but everything is clean. The bed is the hardest thing I have ever slept on, but I am a memory foam sleeper! Room service is great, and has been very fast. Today for afternoon snack it was only 10 mins!!! The shows are great to me and my family. We enjoyed the Broadway medley they did tonight, and the Comedian is awesome. We are having a great time even with a couple of small bumps. Will update again later!

Its so great to hear that your cruise is going well. Can you confirm if there are coffee makers in the room? Do you mind telling me what cabin you are in..aft or front?

Thank you so much for posting such a positive mini review. You're putting everyone at ease. I'm no longer panicking going on the Sky in 2 weeks. Thanks to all of those who sailed her before and blew the whistle so NCL could fix the problems. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. It goes fast when you are having fun.

I am thrilled your cruise is going well.....we sail Sept.1st.

It looks like they are finally listening to those who sailed before and they responded to the flood of calls, emails and cancellations -and read these forums.

Have a great sailing....

Thanks to all of those who sailed her before and blew the whistle so NCL could fix the problems.

I am sure NCL appreciates CC members but for some reason I doubt they only fixed the A/C and got the service issues worked out because of the "Whistle blowers".

Glad to hear things are running so smoothly.

Archived