Link to Regent Roll Calls!

Host Dan

• 2 years later...

We are planning a Mediterranean Cruise in September or October. Originally booked with Oceania (no $ yet) and as we begin to cost out the airfare, and particularly shore excursions and hotel, I am amazed by the cost escalation.

RSSC has "all inclusive" and my questions are:

1. if I want to deviate from RSSC air itinerary, is there a deviation fee like OC?

2. When RSSC says that it includes shore excursions, is that every shore excursion or just select ones?

3. Are all ground transfers included?.

4. Cuisine? It seems OC targets FOODIES-how does RSSC compare?

5. Who do folks like better and why?

We are planning a Mediterranean Cruise in September or October. Originally booked with Oceania (no $ yet) and as we begin to cost out the airfare, and particularly shore excursions and hotel, I am amazed by the cost escalation.

1. if I want to deviate from RSSC air itinerary, is there a deviation fee like OC?

2. When RSSC says that it includes shore excursions, is that every shore excursion or just select ones?

Suggest you start a new thread, as you may not get many views on this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Our travel agent suggested Regent. Our friends all use Oceania. We're hooked on Regent. Everything is included except Canyon Ranch Spa. If you drink spirits, they offer Belvedere vodka, Makers Mark bourbon. Food is excellent. Signatures French was a s good as we've had anywhere in the world.

Excursions were included and perfect. Just can't say enough. And business class airfare is usually $999 pp r/t...great

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
We were on Mariner in March and thought it needed some touching-up. does anyone know if Regent has replaced or at least shampooed the carpets?

Apparently the carpets are not stained and are cleaned regularly but the problem is known in the trade as 'shading' - it is caused by the way the carpet was woven and the way the light catches the surface. Or at least that is how it was explained to me! ;)

Anyway, the Voyager had the same 'problem' and the carpeting on her was replaced at last dry dock. When Mariner goes into dry dock (in March/April ISTR) the carpeting will also be replaced.

If you do a search on carpets you will find plenty of 'discussion' of this issue :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

There is a fee deviate both side of cruise

Yes, every port has a free excursion; higher class cabins can elect to pay for additional excursion but not required

Yes, depending on cabin class

Not been on Oceania but will stay with RSS

ALL inclusive is better with RSS than Oceania

They do charge for some shore excursions. Food is wonderful on both lines. Regent has gotten very expensive!

When comparing ALL inclusive with other non inclusive lines, the overall cost is a wash. Hotel, air fare, tips, beverages EVERYTHING except Spa.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

We are Regent customers that have also sailed on Oceania twice (the Riviera - would not sail on the older ships). I'll try to answer your questions:

1. If you want to deviate air, the fee is the same as Oceania.

2. Most, but not all, excursions are included.

3. Ground transfers are included if you use Regent air.

4. Food is subjective and therefore, what I think may not be what you think. IMO, the food in Jacques and Red Ginger is better than on Regent. Polo and Prime 7 are about equal. IMO, Terrace Café has a lot more choices but the quality is simply not there. My experiences in the Terrace Café has been mediocre to poor. The GDR on Oceania is way below Compass Rose on Regent. After dining there one time, we did not dine there again.

The "why" ........ well, firstly, we do not want to buy a alcohol package or sign for drinks. Also, Oceania strictly measures drinks while the drinks on Regent (included) can be as strong or as weak as you want. Sometimes I prefer weak drinks since I can have as many as I want.

Lastly, and this could cause people to become upset....... the passengers on Regent are a step above those on Oceania. This is not meant as a slam against anyone. Oceania tends to draw Princess, HAL and Celebrity customers. This is their introduction to "luxury lite". Regent has some of the same customers but usually they are from the upper suites on the cruise lines that I have named.

Lest you think that Regent customers are snobs - this could not be further from the truth. We are comfortable with the level we are at and enjoy the inclusiveness of Regent. On the other hand, many long time Regent cruisers (myself included) do not like included excursions because passengers seem to feel that they should book as many "free" excursions as possible. This leads to some ports having very crowded excursions.

The only reason that we have sailed on Oceania is to experience their top suites. I doubt if we will return to Oceania as we are too happy with Regent. Hope this helps:)

P.S. It is VERY important to start a new thread since things change. A thread from 2010 has little to no information that is valid in 2015.

Edited by Travelcat2

• 3 years later...
54 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Actually, Roll Calls for Explorer and Splendor do not appear (the content - not the title).  And, I have already reported this on the board we are suppose to post errors and problems https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/861-report-bugs-glitches/

TC, when I try to go to our roll call on the Voyager, all I get is an "Under construction" notice.  So, for now, we cannot access our roll call for the TA.  I was trying to get there because there seems to be some confusion on RSSC's Facebook Social page regarding the location of the get together after the muster drill (I had thought we were going to try to get together in the Observation Lounge, but someone posted there that it was in the Horizons Lounge). 

9 minutes ago, TahoeTraveler said:

TC, when I try to go to our roll call on the Voyager, all I get is an "Under construction" notice.  So, for now, we cannot access our roll call for the TA.  I was trying to get there because there seems to be some confusion on RSSC's Facebook Social page regarding the location of the get together after the muster drill (I had thought we were going to try to get together in the Observation Lounge, but someone posted there that it was in the Horizons Lounge). 

I didn't try to get into our Roll Call.  Agree that there is suddenly confusion about where the Meet and Greet will be.  I also thought that it was in the Observation Lounge - after muster.  As long as we are all in agreement as to where it is, I'll be happy!

9 minutes ago, TahoeTraveler said:

Not sure why your post is duplicated.  I quoted you under your post above but you can't tell what you posted and what I posted.  Anyway, just wanted to let you know that the Voyager Roll Call board is working.  I made a quick post there.

Edited by Travelcat2

13 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

None of this is working!!!  I hit the quote button for your post, TC, and it doesn't look like it is coming up correctly.  Anyway, I will check for the roll call again.  And I'd prefer the Meet and Greet to be in the Observation Lounge, but like you, I'm happy regardless!

6 minutes ago, TahoeTraveler said:

None of this is working!!!  I hit the quote button for your post, TC, and it doesn't look like it is coming up correctly.  Anyway, I will check for the roll call again.  And I'd prefer the Meet and Greet to be in the Observation Lounge, but like you, I'm happy regardless!

When I pressed "Quote" your original post comes up and then it is duplicated below in a box.  Very strange.  Anyway, at least two of us are here and we'll get this figured out (positive thinking):-)

P.S.  Sorry but I don't know how to suppress my signature anymore so it just keeps showing up.

2 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

When I pressed "Quote" your original post comes up and then it is duplicated below in a box.  Very strange.  Anyway, at least two of us are here and we'll get this figured out (positive thinking):-)

P.S.  Sorry but I don't know how to suppress my signature anymore so it just keeps showing up.

And I don't see your signature!!!  I am so confused!!!  But the roll call is definitely working, so it's a start!!!  And I just noticed that our profile picture is now super blurry, but I can't find anywhere to change it.  What a mess!