Regent Flights - with and without deviation

Travelcat2

The flighis working on this .ts are planned but need Regent to advise me if I can make 11:05 am flight out of Venice with Delta or a 12:15 pm flight with American . These are the fastest flights to get home. Thanks for your info on the 270 window . Our TA

• 4 weeks later...

We received good news that our flights will be American to Philadelphia and then to Venice which gets in at 9:10 am and Delta which leaves Venice at 11: 10 am to Atlanta and arrice at Orlando at 7:45 pm, We are happy withthese flights as we do not have long layovers. .

We received good news that our flights will be American to Philadelphia and then to Venice which gets in at 9:10 am and Delta which leaves Venice at 11: 10 am to Atlanta and arrice at Orlando at 7:45 pm, We are happy withthese flights as we do not have long layovers. .

Good to hear that you are happy with your flight arrangements. It is always nice to have shorter layovers. Some Regent passengers (including me) would not be happy with the domestic part of the journey since it will be coach rather than business class.

Enjoy your cruise - it out be getting closer if Regent has booked your flights!

• 1 month later...

We are taking the Voyager transatlantic crossing out of Barcelona next fall and our outgoing domestic flight will be coach with the international portion in business class. My question: do we get business free luggage on the first leg that is coach? (Probably AA from Charlotte to Miami, then AA to Barcelona)

We are taking the Voyager transatlantic crossing out of Barcelona next fall and our outgoing domestic flight will be coach with the international portion in business class. My question: do we get business free luggage on the first leg that is coach? (Probably AA from Charlotte to Miami, then AA to Barcelona)

You may, best to contact AA and ask them. With luck you should be first from Charlotte to Miami as you are on AA metal for both flights but, can't be sure. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Good to hear that you are happy with your flight arrangements. It is always nice to have shorter layovers. Some Regent passengers (including me) would not be happy with the domestic part of the journey since it will be coach rather than business class.

Enjoy your cruise - it out be getting closer if Regent has booked your flights!

We are new to Regent and are doing the Tahitian Treasures next November, I realize we cannot book air deviations until 270days out but am concerned by what I hope I misunderstood. We are flying back to the East Coast from Papeete, I am hoping g to be able to connect via HNL, but I know many flights also connect through LAX if that is the case will we get business class on that last leg being it is not over water (LAX of course )

We are new to Regent and are doing the Tahitian Treasures next November, I realize we cannot book air deviations until 270days out but am concerned by what I hope I misunderstood. We are flying back to the East Coast from Papeete, I am hoping g to be able to connect via HNL, but I know many flights also connect through LAX if that is the case will we get business class on that last leg being it is not over water (LAX of course )

Tahiti is definitely a wonderful place but quite challenging to get to -- especially flying to the East Coast. Have you checked to see if there are non-stop flights from Hawaii to where you live? As you indicated, flights across the continental U.S. would be coach. Except for flighting through Hawaii which you already have thought of, the only other option would be to take a 1/2 air credit. I don't know where your cruise begins but assume that it would be Business Class so you could leave that flight alone and take the air credit for the return flight.

Suggest that you do some preliminary research. Since you can't check flights for November, 2018 yet, I'd use an earlier date just to get an idea of what airlines fly where. Hopefully you could either find a Hawaii connection flight that Regent would approve or flights from Tahiti to your home airport that would not cost more than your air credit.

We are doing our own air in March and were able to find flights for less than the credit we will receive from Regent so it is doable (sometimes).

Wish that I had a better suggestion but, as I said, Tahiti is a real challenge -- even when you are not trying to get Business Class. We love Tahiti (have been there 5 times) and always have flight issues (mainly flight times ....... most flights from Tahiti to the U.S. depart at night which causes you to wait the entire day to board the plane. Flights to Tahiti typically get in either too early or too late.

So, do a bit of research and let us know how it goes.

Jackie

P.S. If you let me know your home airport I can do a quick search! Also, do you know what the air credit is that Regent offers? If you don't know, I can look it up but will need the date of your cruise as well as what ship it will be on.

Tahiti is definitely a wonderful place but quite challenging to get to -- especially flying to the East Coast. Have you checked to see if there are non-stop flights from Hawaii to where you live? As you indicated, flights across the continental U.S. would be coach. Except for flighting through Hawaii which you already have thought of, the only other option would be to take a 1/2 air credit. I don't know where your cruise begins but assume that it would be Business Class so you could leave that flight alone and take the air credit for the return flight.

Suggest that you do some preliminary research. Since you can't check flights for November, 2018 yet, I'd use an earlier date just to get an idea of what airlines fly where. Hopefully you could either find a Hawaii connection flight that Regent would approve or flights from Tahiti to your home airport that would not cost more than your air credit.

We are doing our own air in March and were able to find flights for less than the credit we will receive from Regent so it is doable (sometimes).

Wish that I had a better suggestion but, as I said, Tahiti is a real challenge -- even when you are not trying to get Business Class. We love Tahiti (have been there 5 times) and always have flight issues (mainly flight times ....... most flights from Tahiti to the U.S. depart at night which causes you to wait the entire day to board the plane. Flights to Tahiti typically get in either too early or too late.

So, do a bit of research and let us know how it goes.

Jackie

P.S. If you let me know your home airport I can do a quick search! Also, do you know what the air credit is that Regent offers? If you don't know, I can look it up but will need the date of your cruise as well as what ship it will be on.

Hi Jackie

You are so kind to offer to help, upon doing a quick search it does look like a real problem especially in light of the fact that DH is already not happy about a 15 night vacation, hoping I do not have to add a night for a Connection. We prefer Newark airport but can use PHL,JFK OR EVEN THE dreaded LGA. I have been so psyched about this trip, never occurred to me that flights would be so difficult.

Am I also interrupting that the domestic leg will be coach? That seems like false advertising on Regents part. We are paying the $999 to go first to HNL, and assumed that other than a deviation fee the return was “included “ from Regent.

Unfortunately believe only Hawaiian Airlines flies HNL to Papeete and then only once or twice a week so that is extremely limiting especially since don't believe Hawaiian flies to the East Coast so difficult, if not impossible to get a good rate as you might have to go point to point. And the day(s) Hawaiian flies most likely will not mesh with your schedule. Choices to Hawaii from LAX are Air France and Air Tahiti Nui. Simply not a lot of choices and Air France again only a couple of time a week. Almost have to use Regent Air and the dreaded coach to LAX. Although you could pay for east cost round trip to LAX in First then use LAX as your gateway airport and Regent will do the flying round trip LAX to Papeete. Seems prices have been changing for domestic first to just a bit more at times than economy. We recently flew Houston Miami in First for around $300 each one way.

Good luck,.

Unfortunately believe only Hawaiian Airlines flies HNL to Papeete and then only once or twice a week so that is extremely limiting especially since don't believe Hawaiian flies to the East Coast so difficult, if not impossible to get a good rate as you might have to go point to point. And the day(s) Hawaiian flies most likely will not mesh with your schedule. Choices to Hawaii from LAX are Air France and Air Tahiti Nui. Simply not a lot of choices and Air France again only a couple of time a week. Almost have to use Regent Air and the dreaded coach to LAX. Although you could pay for east cost round trip to LAX in First then use LAX as your gateway airport and Regent will do the flying round trip LAX to Papeete. Seems prices have been changing for domestic first to just a bit more at times than economy. We recently flew Houston Miami in First for around $300 each one way.

Good luck,.

r

Thank you so much for your reply, the issue is Papette to the east coast, looks to me like air Tahiti Nui does donit but as you said may be limiting, I am a bit aghast that Regent only does the one leg business class. I did see that they do connect with AA through LAX to Philly, we have a cruise out of LAX in March and paid for coach and used mikes to upgrade to first class less than $500per person so that might have to be our choice again ;(

Hi again, I had a chance to do a little research.

First, regarding Regent's air policy. They only provide "International Business Class Air". So, if you need to change planes in the U.S., it reverts to Coach*. When we fly to most places in the world, we avoid U.S. airlines so that we don't change planes here and have Business Class all the way. If I have to fly within the U.S., we book flights ourselves since Regent's charge to upgrade to Business/First is very high.

I did a multi-city search - from JFK - Honolulu and then Papeete to JFK. The least expensive flights that I could find (Business Class) was $3,500/person (using pretend dates). If you were to opt out of air, you would get a $3,000/person air credit (assuming that I'm reading the website correctly). Then, assuming that you paid Regent $1,000 for the upgrade to Business Class to Hawaii, you could get a refund on that (and also save deviation costs). This would be my recommended way to go.

Okay - about that extra day on the way home. I would leave the night before (many people do). Flights out of Papeete are around 11:30 p.m. You could spend "your" last day in Papeete, go back to the ship in the evening and take a cab to the airport. You are only missing sleeping on the ship - waking up and waiting to get off of the ship and then for the 11:30 p.m. flight. By the time people get on their flights the next night, you'll already be home.

Hope that these ideas help a bit. It is a heck of long flight home for you but Tahiti is amazing and is worth the effort!

*If you had the same air carrier from Papeete to LAX and then to JFK, it is possible that they will keep you in Business Class for the entire trip. But, this is dependent upon the airline and would require research.

First, regarding Regent's air policy. They only provide "International Business Class Air". So, if you need to change planes in the U.S., it reverts to Coach*. When we fly to most places in the world, we avoid U.S. airlines so that we don't change planes here and have Business Class all the way. If I have to fly within the U.S., we book flights ourselves since Regent's charge to upgrade to Business/First is very high.

I did a multi-city search - from JFK - Honolulu and then Papeete to JFK. The least expensive flights that I could find (Business Class) was $3,500/person (using pretend dates). If you were to opt out of air, you would get a $3,000/person air credit (assuming that I'm reading the website correctly). Then, assuming that you paid Regent $1,000 for the upgrade to Business Class to Hawaii, you could get a refund on that (and also save deviation costs). This would be my recommended way to go.

Okay - about that extra day on the way home. I would leave the night before (many people do). Flights out of Papeete are around 11:30 p.m. You could spend "your" last day in Papeete, go back to the ship in the evening and take a cab to the airport. You are only missing sleeping on the ship - waking up and waiting to get off of the ship and then for the 11:30 p.m. flight. By the time people get on their flights the next night, you'll already be home.

Hope that these ideas help a bit. It is a heck of long flight home for you but Tahiti is amazing and is worth the effort!

*If you had the same air carrier from Papeete to LAX and then to JFK, it is possible that they will keep you in Business Class for the entire trip. But, this is dependent upon the airline and would require research.

Jackie,

Thank you so much for all of your information! I think leaving that last night, might be the way to go, I will have to do more researching as we get closer. I am beyond excited. Thank you again!

Wendy

• 2 weeks later...

As a "newbie," I have a question. I will admit I haven't read every post in this thread so it may have already been answered. But Travelcat, as you say Business Class is only on International Travel. My question is, are flights from the Mainland U.S. to Hawaii in Coach or Business? They are considered "domestic" by the airlines and do not necessarily show a "business class." For example, I live in Atlanta. Delta shows coach or First Class only on flights to Honolulu. So, if I use Regent to fly to Honolulu, will I expect a Coach seat?

Thanks.

Aloha from Hawaii! Each time my LW and I have flown to Europe to embark a Regent ship we had Business/First throughout the itinerary.

Most recently we flew United from Honolulu to Chicago (ORD) in Business First, then Polaris Business from ORD to Frankfurt (FRA) and then a short Lufthansa flight to Stockholm. (Seats were Coach but they don't put anyone in the center seats).

On the return we flew Virgin Atlantic (Upper Class) from Heathrow to LAX, and the Delta (First) LAX to HNL.

That stated, when my LW and I go on the Panama Canal cruise from LA to Miami I don't expect upgraded seats. The website offers the upgrade for a cost.

• 1 month later...

We are going on that cruise also if you are talking Nov 2018. The roll call is messed up and lists the date as the Navigator. I have two emails into CC to try and change it so we can get more people on our roll call! We will fly from LA, hope to find out what airline this week, but don't know what they can tell us at Regent. We will go a couple days early so we can do some tours in Barcelona and heard we will have to pay a change fee. We didn't have to do that on our Regent cruise from Rome a few years ago :(

We are going on that cruise also if you are talking Nov 2018. The roll call is messed up and lists the date as the Navigator. I have two emails into CC to try and change it so we can get more people on our roll call! We will fly from LA, hope to find out what airline this week, but don't know what they can tell us at Regent. We will go a couple days early so we can do some tours in Barcelona and heard we will have to pay a change fee. We didn't have to do that on our Regent cruise from Rome a few years ago :(

If you let Regent do your flights they will have you arriving on the day the cruise embarks and flying home on the day you disembark. In order to arrive early or head home later, you have to deviate which entails a $175 pp charge plus any additional flight costs if any. You can also specify your flights and not pay the deviation fee until you accept your itinerary. While flight schedules are available now for most Nov. flights (approx 330 days out), you cannot request Regent for deviation flights until 270 days prior to your departure. Have no clue how you will find out your airline this week. Regent won't tell you until about 75 days prior to your cruise.

Since you say you want to arrive early you have 2 choices, deviate or take the credit and book your own flights. Search deviations to get further info regarding the process. Lots of threads about this process

If you let Regent do your flights they will have you arriving on the day the cruise embarks and flying home on the day you disembark. In order to arrive early or head home later, you have to deviate which entails a $175 pp charge plus any additional flight costs if any. You can also specify your flights and not pay the deviation fee until you accept your itinerary. While flight schedules are available now for most Nov. flights (approx 330 days out), you cannot request Regent for deviation flights until 270 days prior to your departure. Have no clue how you will find out your airline this week. Regent won't tell you until about 75 days prior to your cruise.

Since you say you want to arrive early you have 2 choices, deviate or take the credit and book your own flights. Search deviations to get further info regarding the process. Lots of threads about this process

Yes, I know this, was hoping they might know something about what flights they use from LA to Barcelona. Hoping it's straight there. We can fly SWA to another gateway if better flights as we live in Las Vegas. I thought it would be best out of LA. It's all good. I see the prices went up for the cruise by $100 pp since Saturday. It's still better to pay them $1500 for airfare and get business than anyone else I could find one way to Barcelona Business class.

Glad you are aware. Problem is they won’t tell you anything about flights until 75 days out and if you wait snd deviate then not as much availability. Possible having to pay more at that point.

Two choices since you want to fly in early deviate or book your own flight. Remember regent will get you the least expensive flights so doubt non stop to Europe so coach to the east coast

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

susar, It is important to note that Regent does not use the least expensive flights*. It is also not true that you always have to arrive the day of embarkation. If you are in a concierge or above suite, you arrive the day before embarkation and stay in an included hotel. You receive transportation to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship.

if you have a TA that regularly books Regent, they can give you an fairly accurate idea of what airlines will be used if you wait util 75 days out.

Getting into specifics, I did a search for fights from LAX to Barcelona. There are no non-stop flights. The shortest flights with one stop are with KLM, United, Air France, American Airlines, American Airlines operated by British Airways and Lufthansa. Regent does have contracts with most of these carriers (it can change year to year). Then we go to Yapta.com to see the flights that are offered (there are other sites where the can be done - I just prefer Yapta). I select the flights that we are most interested in. Next we go to seatguru.com and check out the seating for the flights that we like (looking at whether or not they have flatbed seats, etc.)

Assuming that we want to deviate at 270 days before the embarkation (highly recommended) and once we have the flight(s) figured out, we send our top 2-3 fights to our TA who runs them by Regent. Most of the time our preferred flights are approved. Alternatively, you can call Regent Air directly and run your flights by them.

If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them.

NOTE: I would definitely look for fights that have their one stop out of the U.S. From what I checked out, the only airline listed above that has a stop in the U.S. is United. A stop in the U.S. means a coach flight that we avoid if at all possible. All international flights on Regent are Business Class.

*On our upcoming flights to Vancouver to Bali on Cathay Pacific - one of the top airline in the world - we booked ourselves due to the very high air credit offered by Regent. We booked the exact flights that Regent will be using. The flights are definitely not the least expensive but rather is probably the best airline to use in that area. Our flight returning from Hong Kong is non-stop.