Any tips for posting photos from a MacBook Air?

Pamela1

I assume you mean how to post your photos from your device to include in a Cruise Critic post?

For any device it works the same way. You need to download the photo to an online locations such as Picasa.Google Photos, Icloud storage, Facebook, etc. Then find the photo in your online storage and click on the photo and select "Copy" or "Copy URL Address"

Then paste the "URL" into the "insert image" insertimage.gif tab at the top of the posting page. That is it.

It will really speed up you initial download from your device to the cloud if you downsize the photo on the device first. Most cameras and phones take photos that are 2-3 megs aor bigger. Try to get the photo size under 1 meg, closer to 500k is better.

j

I assume you mean how to post your photos from your device to include in a Cruise Critic post?

For any device it works the same way. You need to download the photo to an online locations such as Picasa.Google Photos, Icloud storage, Facebook, etc. Then find the photo in your online storage and click on the photo and select "Copy" or "Copy URL Address"

Then paste the "URL" into the "insert image" insertimage.gif tab at the top of the posting page. That is it.

It will really speed up you initial download from your device to the cloud if you downsize the photo on the device first. Most cameras and phones take photos that are 2-3 megs aor bigger. Try to get the photo size under 1 meg, closer to 500k is better.

j

Thank you and yes, i meant to put CC in the title.

Crikey, that all sounds like hard work! Really appreciate the advice but seems a bit high tech for me eek!!

Wouldn't it also be possible to transfer the photos to an iPhone via iCloud or AirDrop and use Tapatalk to upload them? I don't do Mac, just iPhone and iPad, sorry...

Again, thank you. Air drop and iCloud are a bit of a mystery to me but i will try to persevere.

Again, thank you. Air drop and iCloud are a bit of a mystery to me but i will try to persevere.

Suggest that you contact your local Apple dealer. They would know the answers!!!! I use Tapatalk but would have no clue how to describe how to use it!:cool::rolleyes::confused:

IMO, having a third party company like photo bucket is the best way to post photos.

Wouldn't it also be possible to transfer the photos to an iPhone via iCloud or AirDrop and use Tapatalk to upload them? I don't do Mac, just iPhone and iPad, sorry...

Sure. That will work. In order to post to CrusieCritic you need to in-bed the photo's URL into the post with the photo insert icon.

But the photos size becomes potential problem both down-steam and up-stream; the bigger the file size the long it takes in both direction. And if you do not down size the photo before inserting into your CruiseCrictic post you end up with the massive dimension photos that out sizes the viewing page.

J

febd39e959a66c5ecd0a120ba6256fa3.jpg

Just used Tapatalk to upload this. No URL embedding necessary if the photo in question is on your IOS device. Just click the ‘plus’ icon, then the ‘mountain picture’ icon, select the pic(s) to upload and click Done.

Pretty easy and no third-party hosting is necessary so you save time not having to upload all your pics to another site.

I usually do this all on my iPad. I bought an EyeFi Mobi card that lets me send my photos from my Nikon directly to my iPad, then direct posts to CC. Pretty easy, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...