New to Regents Seven Seas... China / Japan in December..

Hantsman

I have just seen a cruise with Regents in the Far East covering China and Japan, in December 2017, I have not sailed with them before; the deal seems very good; any advice on the liner (Voyager) and heading to China/Japan in December would be most welcome.. Everything seems to be included; so seems an amazing deal..

I am on this trip. I paid original fare and got a "guarantee" that if price were lowered up until date of sailing I would get the lower price. I am very curious to the good deal you have seen given that Regent website still has not lowered price on this sailing.

Temps will be very cold. Japan probably in 40s - 50s and Beijing in 30s. It will be a fantastic trip. We will be in Japan for last celebration of Emperor's Birthday on 23 December. Emperor will be abdicating next year and the holiday will move to his son's birthday. With the schedule change we are going to Shinkoku Island as well as Kyushu; a number of new Japanese ports for us even though we used to live in Japan.

If you have a good deal; jump on it!

Marc

I am on this trip. I paid original fare and got a "guarantee" that if price were lowered up until date of sailing I would get the lower price. I am very curious to the good deal you have seen given that Regent website still has not lowered price on this sailing.

Temps will be very cold. Japan probably in 40s - 50s and Beijing in 30s. It will be a fantastic trip. We will be in Japan for last celebration of Emperor's Birthday on 23 December. Emperor will be abdicating next year and the holiday will move to his son's birthday. With the schedule change we are going to Shinkoku Island as well as Kyushu; a number of new Japanese ports for us even though we used to live in Japan.

If you have a good deal; jump on it!

Marc

Marc

I saw the “good deal” on this cruise and was considering it. The deal is that the “sale” price does not include the pre or post tour, and must book a guarantee.

The same free tour included for those who are already booked, can be added to the sale price and then is not such a good deal. The best is to book the pre or post tour independently to save some money, if that is the goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marq,

The cruise is advertised for £3299 (I'm in the UK), flights included, drinks included, 55 excursions included; for a suite with balcony. So not much else to spend.

Sounds very tempting; but not somewhere I have been to before.

So making a decision on this tomorrow.

Martin

Don't believe the 55 excursions. We have six days in port and an overnight in Beijing. I don't know any of the ports except Shanghai where you can fit in more than one in the day. So; likely eight excursions. You should be able to still find free excursions available for all ports (no excursions for Miyazaki or Tianjin yet.

Should be a great cruise and that I a good price; especially if that includes business class air.

Marc

Don't believe the 55 excursions. We have six days in port and an overnight in Beijing. I don't know any of the ports except Shanghai where you can fit in more than one in the day. So; likely eight excursions. You should be able to still find free excursions available for all ports (no excursions for Miyazaki or Tianjin yet.

Should be a great cruise and that I a good price; especially if that includes business class air.

Marc

Marc, thanks for mentioning this, we could not book for Miyazaki or Tianjin either, thought it might just be us. Though if you look look from the itinerary for the cruise (not signed in) they do show some tours for these 2 ports.

It will be an amazing cruise, see you soon.

Linda