New on regent

Secondson

How was the galley lunch. This will our first time doing it on Regent. Wondering if it was extremely crowded.

Not crazy crowded, no. There were times that certain spots got crowded (carving station for example) but I would just kind of wander through and bypass any groups, and graze on items that looked tasty. I'm not ashamed to admit that I made multiple passes, although I will say I didn't load my plate up completely on each trip through. :halo:

There was a galley lunch on the Navigator in 2008, during the first Discovery Collection cruise. It was really something special. I do hope they can be featured on one of my upcoming cruises. One of which happens to be that Explorer TA, on which I hope to meet Secondson, among all the others going!

second son - I have never wanted to do a TA (trans Atlantic) not to be confused with TA (travel agent). Not sure I can be stuck on a boat or ship for four/five days. What made you decide to go for it?

DW and I had traveled the world by air/land but on a whim we took a Regent TA. My business partners bet that I would jump overboard after a few days - we loved it! Have now done 10 Regent cruises with 2 other TAs including the 3/17 Explorer TA.

Lots of useful info on Cruise Critic boards but my advice: "if you have ANY trouble on the ship, call it immediately to the attention of the staff; it gets fixed".

DW and I had traveled the world by air/land but on a whim we took a Regent TA. My business partners bet that I would jump overboard after a few days - we loved it! Have now done 10 Regent cruises with 2 other TAs including the 3/17 Explorer TA.

Lots of useful info on Cruise Critic boards but my advice: "if you have ANY trouble on the ship, call it immediately to the attention of the staff; it gets fixed".

We've done about 8 cruises on Regent and they've all been port-intensive, but we're booked on a TA (South Africa to Rio) in January '19. After doing two very busy cruises in Apr and Aug of this month, my wife and I both decided that a TA would be a very nice change of pace for us. Going to be a "hooray, we survived 4th quarter again and happy 50th birthday let's relax and enjoy the boat" cruise for us. ;p

And I couldn't agree more with your "if you have ANY trouble on the ship, call it immediately to the attention of the staff; it gets fixed" comment. Any time we've had issues - and we have - we've found that one polite call to the right person always gets it fixed. And usually fixed and diligently followed up on, too.

Secondson, if your on the Lisbon to Miami TA this November--they will be doing the Galley Lunch, they state it in the information part. We'll be on that cruise and know we'll be having a great time during the cruise. Rick

Hi Rick

As you know we are on that cruise also. Do you know how we sign up for the Galley Lunch?

Sheila

Hi Rick

As you know we are on that cruise also. Do you know how we sign up for the Galley Lunch?

Sheila

Sheila, Sorry but no-I was told it's part of the trip and will be announced on the ship once we're on the ship. I was also told every cruiser can go during the hours they have it open. I kind of think it's like the Sunday Sea Day Brunch they have on this ship. This is also not to be missed from what I told by others. (We have one Sunday Sea Day near the end of the cruise). Not that many more days until cruise day, we leave on the 18th for a few days in Lisbon--we're going to take a few cooking classes in Lisbon for fun and a few on the ship. See you on board:D, looking forward to a super cruise. Rick

Hi Rick

Sheila

Sheila,

There may or may not be a Galley Lunch on our cruise. If it does take place, it will be open to everyone. There will not be a need to sign up for the lunch.

Normally I would expect the big Sunday brunch in Compass Rose on December 3. However, I noticed that the specialty restaurants are not available on December 4. That may mean that Regent is doing their evening deck barbecue on the fourth. If that is the case, they may not have the Sunday brunch.

Sheila,

There may or may not be a Galley Lunch on our cruise. If it does take place, it will be open to everyone. There will not be a need to sign up for the lunch.

Normally I would expect the big Sunday brunch in Compass Rose on December 3. However, I noticed that the specialty restaurants are not available on December 4. That may mean that Regent is doing their evening deck barbecue on the fourth. If that is the case, they may not have the Sunday brunch.

This cruise is listed as a 25th Anniversary cruise which sales the Galley Lunch as a special event for this cruise--so this would be highly disappointing if Regent doesn't follow through on what they say. Also with everyone and Regent talking about the Sunday Sea Day Brunch that would also be a disappointment and poor follow through on Regents part. If you can't believe what they say and print about in Regents Advertising and Facebook what can you believe. After all it only happens on the Explorer and only if Sunday falls on a sea day. That would be a deal breaker for us if you can't trust and know what you get on the cruise after you purchase the cruise. After all the Sunday Brunch was a big talking point regarding the Explorer. Not that Lunch or Brunch are that important, but trust in what you buy is. Rick