Charter Navigator May 30, 2019 - June 8, 2019

Not surprised that this sold out so fast. This is not a bargain that most regulars would jump on, but should be a very unique experience. We have now also booked the trans Atlantic before this one. Got my bargain there. I have the same cabin for both legs. The ship ends its world cruise in NY and will be sailing back to Amsterdam. In my follow-on research I have been very impressed with the reputation of the Museum's travel programs and department. Hope all goes well. Thanks for the update.

Not surprised that this sold out so fast. This is not a bargain that most regulars would jump on, but should be a very unique experience. We have now also booked the trans Atlantic before this one. Got my bargain there. I have the same cabin for both legs. The ship ends its world cruise in NY and will be sailing back to Amsterdam. In my follow-on research I have been very impressed with the reputation of the Museum's travel programs and department. Hope all goes well. Thanks for the update.

Well aren’t you the clever one! Looking forward to the information now promised for early November.

Yiks I just went and checked the details for that crossing. Didn’t look like a “bargain” to me! Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing this WWII charter. Bet, those lucky Navigator guests will have a terrific voyage chock full of moving WWII history.

The WWII museum also sponsored a 70th anniversary of WWII using a Silversea ship that sold out as well. Our friends thoroughly enjoyed this special WWII 70th anniversary voyage saying it was done marvelously well by the museum and Silversea.

We are holding out for the just announced Ponant/Tauck WWII Asia cruise. Cruise industry news today, said "A World War II theme cruise in Asia will include historians both from the West and Asia presenting the war and events from different viewpoints."

Well, I'm glad they filled the ship (no real surprise) as I had been looking at that and just couldn't make it work. As a retired military member, I enjoy the historical aspect of these trips and hope to make one in the next few years. Or maybe after I'm out of the work force. Or someday...

Thanks for sharing this WWII charter. Bet, those lucky Navigator guests will have a terrific voyage chock full of moving WWII history.

The WWII museum also sponsored a 70th anniversary of WWII using a Silversea ship that sold out as well. Our friends thoroughly enjoyed this special WWII 70th anniversary voyage saying it was done marvelously well by the museum and Silversea.

We are holding out for the just announced Ponant/Tauck WWII Asia cruise. Cruise industry news today, said "A World War II theme cruise in Asia will include historians both from the West and Asia presenting the war and events from different viewpoints."

Send me the info about that cruise please.

Hi Rachel,

The most recent public information we now know on these new Ponant/Tauck themed cruises is, what was published in Cruise Industry News yesterday. Pls see link below.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17913-ponant-and-tauck-present-le-soleal-in-new-york.html

George, Ida, you, Rich, Ginny and I had such an outstanding Corregidor, Philippines excursion on the Voyager earlier this year, didn't we.? Know George

would absolutely love a WWII Asia themed cruise.

Ida wants us to consider a number of these new themed cruises that will provide an exceptional luxury cruise experience (forgap and our TA loved their Ponant crusises (Antarctica and Alaska) as well as give us some more time (via one of the top luxury land tour companies (Tauck ))on the ground in the country (s) the themed cruises will go to (Gardening, Sicily (food theme) and WWII in Asia).

We also have our Travel Agency (#1 seller of Tauck worldwide) working their longtime Tauck family contacts to give us current information on these new themed cruises (i.e., when Ponant's new four new builds/ships will be finished, itinerary dates). Will keep u posted privately vs here on the Regent board.

Edited by WesW

Send me the info about that cruise please.

Rachel. We have just cruised on Ponant. I don't have your email but if you are interested in our thoughts, you can email me on s2a4s at hotmail dot com.

You will know who we are, have sailed several times with you and our group. And we were able to compare Ponant.to other expeditionary cruising we have done.

I spoke with the Museum Travel Dept last week and they told me Navigator is Sold Out and they are finishing up details with Silver Sea to Charter a second ship on a slightly different schedule from Navigator. They expect that ship to completely sell out too. They will have more info on both ships & trips in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Rachel,

The most recent public information we now know on these new Ponant/Tauck themed cruises is, what was published in Cruise Industry News yesterday. Pls see link below.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/17913-ponant-and-tauck-present-le-soleal-in-new-york.html

George, Ida, you, Rich, Ginny and I had such an outstanding Corregidor, Philippines excursion on the Voyager earlier this year, didn't we.? Know George

would absolutely love a WWII Asia themed cruise.

Ida wants us to consider a number of these new themed cruises that will provide an exceptional luxury cruise experience (forgap and our TA loved their Ponant crusises (Antarctica and Alaska) as well as give us some more time (via one of the top luxury land tour companies (Tauck ))on the ground in the country (s) the themed cruises will go to (Gardening, Sicily (food theme) and WWII in Asia).

We also have our Travel Agency (#1 seller of Tauck worldwide) working their longtime Tauck family contacts to give us current information on these new themed cruises (i.e., when Ponant's new four new builds/ships will be finished, itinerary dates). Will keep u posted privately vs here on the Regent board.

Please yes keep us posted -- My hubby has been looking for a cruise that he could see the WWII Asia sights