Facing the front or the back of the train

sailingmickey

I recently posted a question about the train from Amsterdam to Paris. One of the comments was: ‘if you want to see out of the windows sit with your back to the front of the train’. Will someone please explain why? I would presume if you had a seat by the window, you could see the scenery whether you were facing the front or the back of the train. I have a motion problem and prefer to see facing the direction we are going. However, I do want to see the scenery.

Thank you for any and all responses.

I recently posted a question about the train from Amsterdam to Paris. One of the comments was: ‘if you want to see out of the windows sit with your back to the front of the train’. Will someone please explain why? I would presume if you had a seat by the window, you could see the scenery whether you were facing the front or the back of the train. I have a motion problem and prefer to see facing the direction we are going. However, I do want to see the scenery.

Thank you for any and all responses.

I'm with you in that I prefer to face forwards. I have never had an issue seeing out of the windows facing forward.

The issue with the trains (at least in my experience) is more to do with the placement of the windows.

Fran

Normally, I like to look where I am headed, or face towards the front.

But on a high speed train, for me it is easier to focus on scenery that is "moving away from me", than the scenery that is "rushing towards me". So when they gave us seats facing backwards, I did not try to exchange them. Then again, maybe I am crazy.

Archived