Charter Navigator May 30, 2019 - June 8, 2019

This is a heads up about a Charter I have just booked. I have no idea if it's the entire ship or if part of the cabins will be released later. Offered thru the World War II Museum (New Orleans) is offering 225 rooms on this sailing for the 75th Anniversary of D Day. Amsterdam to Southampton.

I checked Regents schedule and the 2019 schedule only goes to April 2019

Here is a link to the sailing:

http://dday75.org/cruise-itinerary/#itinerary

My DH is a WWII historian and is very excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was very nice of you to post this. Now people considering that cruise can decide whether they wish to be onboard with the interesting group or would prefer a sailing with no large groups. Wish that Regent would make this information available. They may think that it would deter people from booking the cruise but it could have the opposite effect. My DH is a huge WWI and WWII history buff and would love to sail with these people while I would prefer sailing with no groups onboard.

I wish everyone were this considerate. We once sailed on Seabourn which was chartered by a national carpet company that awarded its top salespeople with a cruise and all the booze they and their spouses wanted. Not fun at all.

Just received confirmation of our reservation on this cruise.

Because this is a charter, I was wondering if Regent will give us the regular Seven Seas Society benefits and credit on our membership for the nights we sail?

Because this is a charter, I was wondering if Regent will give us the regular Seven Seas Society benefits and credit on our membership for the nights we sail?

I hope I'm wrong but a sentence I found in the Seven Seas Society Member Guide leads me to believe that you won't get any society credits for the charter.. The Member Guide says:

"No benefits may be claimed in respect of nights spent on a ship as an invitee of a charterer of a Regent Seven Seas Cruises® ship or any voyage on which you have travelled on a reduced rate or travel agent fare."

Legally, a paying customer is an "invitee." If this is how Regent construes the term, then you won't get credit for the cruise. Sorry.

However, the Member Guide has an email address (SevenSeasSociety@rssc.com) for questions about benefits. I suggest sending Regent an email and getting a definitive answer to your question.

Good luck.

Well, if anyone gets a definitive answer from Regent, could you please post it here? I had requested information on this voyage, but not getting credit for the nights on board could affect my decision.

Thanks!

I reached out to Regent and have still not heard back. That was a week ago :(

Long wait for this one!

I agree with travelcat. If you are part of a group where you are not paying for the trip yourself, you would not accrue benefits. This happens a lot where some corporation charters all or part of the ship as rewards for high producers in the company.

If you are paying for the cruise yourself, such as in this case where you are just part of a special interest group going, you would get benefits. I have a friend who often sails with her alumni group, and has sailed Regent and Oceania as part of that group. I am quite sure she gets the normal tier benefits and credit for the cruise as she is a very savvy cruiser.

I hope everyone is correct and Regent defines "invitee" to mean only someone who does not pay for the charter. However, the Member Guide is a legal document and the legal definition of "invitee" may apply. From the law.com legal dictionary:

invitee. n. a person who comes onto another's property, premises or business establishment upon invitation. The invitation may be direct and express or "implied," as when a shop is open and the public is expected to enter to inspect, purchase or otherwise do business on the premises.

So, as I said before, legally, an "invitee" is more than just a person who gets a freebie. Paying customers are also "invitees." Every time we do a Regent cruise, we are "invitees."

Rachel, I'd be interested to know if your friend goes on alumni cruises that completely charter a Regent ship or are just a group on a regular Regent cruise?

I also sent a message to the Seven Seas Society email and have heard nothing. I sort of guess Regent has not assigned responsibility for responding to questions sent to this address.

BTW, according to my TA, the World War 2 Museum has chartered the entire ship for this cruise.

I also sent a message to the Seven Seas Society email and have heard nothing. I sort of guess Regent has not assigned responsibility for responding to questions sent to this address.

BTW, according to my TA, the World War 2 Museum has chartered the entire ship for this cruise.

They also do nothing to respond to either Public or Private messages on their own FB page. They post things but don't respond to any questions from their Loyal Followers :)

Dave, they do not charter the whole ship. They are just a group on the ship.

Now if a group chartered the entire ship, I can see the not getting benefits thing. Which with navigator being a smaller ship, I guess would be easier to do.