Bringing a guest on board?

Bruce62

We will be on the Explorer next month when she visits Palma Mallorca. At he same time, Cunard's Queen Victoria will be in port, which is the ship our son works on.

As this is a small port we will probably be next to each other, and our son has arranged a tour for us on the QV.

Does anybody know if RSS will let us return the favour, and if so, who do I need to contact?

I know this isn't usually allowed, but as he would have his seaman's documents, this may be different?

TIA

We were able to bring a guest on board with less than 30 days notice. In fact, we requested it while on board several days before the visit. However, I wouldn't recommend that approach if you already know the date you want to bring your guest on board.

Thanks for all the replies, and have sent an email to Regent here in the UK. Hopefully, I am just in time, as its 31 days away :)

I would also ring them; in my experience they can be very, very slow in reacting to emails and webmails :rolleyes:

Visitors to our vessels are restricted in all ports of call worldwide and may not be permitted at some ports for security reasons. Special arrangements may be requested in writing to RSSC no later than 30 days prior to the sailing date. Permission for visitors to come on board is at the discretion of RSSC, and additional information may be required. Please contact Reservations for further information.

Just wanted to mention that this process is also in effect when you are sailing on one Regent ship and are in port with another Regent ship and want to visit. Being a little over 30 days prior to our cruise, I did put in a request to visit the Navigator when we are in port together November 21st. Last year I made a request to visit the Mariner when it was in Vancouver. It is a simple process but a necessary one in terms of security.