New on regent

Secondson

Welcome to the Cruise Critic and the Regent board!:D

What cruise do you have booked (and on what ship)? I remember very well our first Regent cruise (February, 2004). We had no interest in cruising --- until the cruise started. This began an addiction that continues to this day.

Enjoy your time on CC.

Welcome to the Cruise Critic and the Regent board!:D

What cruise do you have booked (and on what ship)? I remember very well our first Regent cruise (February, 2004). We had no interest in cruising --- until the cruise started. This began an addiction that continues to this day.

Enjoy your time on CC.

Thanks for the welcome. Going on explorer transatlantic in nov this year. Would like any advice if you have been on this ship!

I'm in love with that ship - have sailed 54 nights on her already and did the transatlantic last November (and the reverse itinerary in March).

Hope that you have booked your excursions online and it should be about time to book dining reservations.

Will be happy to answer any questions!

Hi Secondson

Welcome.

Go to the "meet and greet" and sign up. It's a fun time, getting to meet your fellow CC travelers.

Also you should register for your Roll Call. Find out who is on your cruise and what they are saying.

We are also on that cruise. You will love Explorer. My favorite ship!

Sheila

Greetings from South Beach, Secondson. DH and I did the March 2017 TA on Explorer and loved it so much we booked another cruise on board departing December 8th. DH didn't want to wait till next year! The ports are amusing, and there is enough choice. There is plenty to do on sea days and we were never bored. . A highlight dining experience was the Indian dinner our butler arranged for us. Wonderful! We stayed on in Barcelona for a few days because we like it there. You are in for a treat.

Mary

second son - I have never wanted to do a TA (trans Atlantic) not to be confused with TA (travel agent). Not sure I can be stuck on a boat or ship for four/five days. What made you decide to go for it?

We have been on two TAs with the most recent one being last November onboard the Explorer. We actually found that there was usually something planned onboard to keep us busy or entertained or we could always do what we do best: chill out and relax. IOW, we did not feel stuck on a boat as you mentioned and I would certainly do another TA in the future.

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Transatlantic and the Explorer is a great combination. A couple things to do:

Sign up with the registration desk (not destination) to do a tour of the ship's bridge and a tour of the galley. You will get an invite when one of the tours gets scheduled.These are both very interesting.

Be sure to get on a trivia team, with all the sea days, trivia with be very fun and popular.

Don't hesitate to ask you cabin steward for anything you would like special in your in room bar. I called Regents a couple month's ahead of time and everything showed up that evening while we were at dinner.

Transatlantic and the Explorer is a great combination. A couple things to do:

Sign up with the registration desk (not destination) to do a tour of the ship's bridge and a tour of the galley. You will get an invite when one of the tours gets scheduled.These are both very interesting.

This would appeal to both of us. Do all of Regents ships and cruises do these tours? Thanks

This would appeal to both of us. Do all of Regents ships and cruises do these tours? Thanks

I think the bridge tours are hit-and-miss - I've been on 8 Regent cruises and never done a bridge tour. Done a few galley tours and they're very, very interesting.

Bridge and galley tours are usually only offered on sea days. On a TA, you will have lots of those, so I bet they will be offered at some point. Also, if you are lucky, they may have a galley lunch, which is a lot of fun. You go through the galley to get your food and can see where it is prepared and interact with the kitchen staff.

Bridge and galley tours are usually only offered on sea days. On a TA, you will have lots of those, so I bet they will be offered at some point. Also, if you are lucky, they may have a galley lunch, which is a lot of fun. You go through the galley to get your food and can see where it is prepared and interact with the kitchen staff.

They had galley lunches on our last two Explorer cruises. I like them. :D

They had galley lunches on our last two Explorer cruises. I like them. :D

Bill, I believe that the galley lunches have been for the 25th Anniversary of Regent. The galley lunch is being advertised for our cruise next month. Not sure if Regent does them on a regular basis other than this year but know that Silversea does them a lot and they are quite enjoyable.

Bridge tours are only given when the ship is docked. They do not announce the tours. So we sign up and if they think they can arrange a tour they set a date/time and will send those that have signed up an invite for you to RSVP.

Galley tours are given on sea days. Our travel agent has usually arranged these for us, but I am sure they would also set up a tour if enough people seemed interested to sign up.

Bill, I believe that the galley lunches have been for the 25th Anniversary of Regent. The galley lunch is being advertised for our cruise next month. Not sure if Regent does them on a regular basis other than this year but know that Silversea does them a lot and they are quite enjoyable.

TC - we did the galley lunches on both of our cruises this year, and you're right - they were billed as being part of the 25th Anniversary hoopla. Previous galley tours have been arranged by our TA or card company, I can't remember which.

Either way, being a ship geek I love any of the 'behind the scenes' looks I'm able to get.

TC - we did the galley lunches on both of our cruises this year, and you're right - they were billed as being part of the 25th Anniversary hoopla. Previous galley tours have been arranged by our TA or card company, I can't remember which.

Either way, being a ship geek I love any of the 'behind the scenes' looks I'm able to get.

How was the galley lunch. This will our first time doing it on Regent. Wondering if it was extremely crowded.