flightease frustration

bz

Booked the Koningsdam for May 1, 2018 with a TA. Got flights to Rome, back from Amsterdam, nonstop at a good price. . . but cannot change seats to "comfort" seats, the ones w/more room on either flight. When called Flightease I was told just ask your TA to ask for tickets to be issued, then you can book extra charge seats. TA says no, HAL will not issues tickets until final payment date EVEN if we pay all charges now. Who is telling the truth? My concern is those seats will be taken by the time our ticket is issued. Any way around this?

HAL did not issue my tickets until after final payment. I was still able to upgrade to comfort economy at that time. My understanding is that they issue the tickets about 45 days from the date of the flight.

I have no idea how relevant this may become, but Delta changed the way they offer Comfort seating. It used to be access controlled seats you could reserve for an extra fee. Now it is separate fare classes. I used to be able to have my employer make my airline reservations, and then I could call up, pay the fee, and get moved into those seats. No more. Now, my employer would have to purchase those specific seats for me or I'm out of luck.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

After our flights were ticketed, and I called 60 days out and they did ticket them right then. I went into the Delta site and was able to upgrade to the comfort seats. By then there wasn't much selection left but we did find some for both our flights. I was well worth the extra money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

After our flights were ticketed, and I called 60 days out and they did ticket them right then. I went into the Delta site and was able to upgrade to the comfort seats. By then there wasn't much selection left but we did find some for both our flights. I was well worth the extra money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How long ago was this? As another poster said, DL has change their "Premium Economy" seating on International flights from an upgradable extra fee into it's own fare class.

I would imagine you must also now tell the Cruise Air folks the you intend to "buy up" yourself to avoid getting stuck with one of the non-changeable Basic Economy fares. DL is starting to offer those on select International routes that see heavy leisure traffic. With that E fare, you don't get to choose seats at all - you are assigned at the gate, restrictions on what you can carry on... buyer beware when you ask or buy the "cheapest" fare with Cruise Air! At least if you buy direct on DL, an entire page of disclaimer about the E fare is presented so you are fully informed about the bare-bones before you hit the "purchase" button.

Thanks for all your insight, but we are looking at comfort seats, not premium economy. These are just over/under $100 upgrade and I am truly frustrated. Flightease told me one thing, my TA another. I guess I just have to wait 8 more months and hope there's seats left. BTW, we were assigned seats on both flights, Delta going and KLM back, decent seats, just not the comfort seats we'd like. If anyone knows a way around this situation, I'm all ears (or eyes, I guess).

Not to add more confusion, but for DL flyers they are adding "Premium Economy" to all international flights it just depends if the aircraft your flying on has had the new PE added. The seats will be wider and their supposed to be a better level of service, food and drinks. US airlines are finally competing with the European carriers by offering a real 'Premium Economy" instead of just more leg room.

So all Delta international planes will eventually have 4 classes in the cabin: D1, PE, Economy Comfort and Economy.

-Paul

We flew Delta 1st class DTW to Tampa last year and it was handled just fine by our PCC.

that was last year. Delta has changed things this year. And, Delta does not offer "1st class" internationally, only Business. "First Class" is a domestic product. Apple and oranges when you are talking a simple DTW-TPA flight vs something TATL...

Not to add more confusion, but for DL flyers they are adding "Premium Economy" to all international flights it just depends if the aircraft your flying on has had the new PE added. The seats will be wider and their supposed to be a better level of service, food and drinks. US airlines are finally competing with the European carriers by offering a real 'Premium Economy" instead of just more leg room.

So all Delta international planes will eventually have 4 classes in the cabin: D1, PE, Economy Comfort and Economy.

-Paul

Not quite. I understand that Comfort + disappears when PE comes in. Still only 3 classes, Delta 1, PE, Economy. Well, 4 if you count "Economy -" - the new Basic Economy E class fare... I just did a sample test of looking for fares JFK-FCO-AMS-FCO a few days before May 1 and returning May 14. I asked for "comfort +" and only shown the Premium and Delta 1, no upgradable to "Comfort +"

So, while you may see something right now, looking a year ahead, you are most likely to not be able to buy that upgrade unless you pay the fare difference... YMMV

Not quite. I understand that Comfort + disappears when PE comes in. Still only 3 classes, Delta 1, PE, Economy. Well, 4 if you count "Economy -" - the new Basic Economy E class fare... I just did a sample test of looking for fares JFK-FCO-AMS-FCO a few days before May 1 and returning May 14. I asked for "comfort +" and only shown the Premium and Delta 1, no upgradable to "Comfort +"

So, while you may see something right now, looking a year ahead, you are most likely to not be able to buy that upgrade unless you pay the fare difference... YMMV

Your right slidergirl, the new A350's will be the first aircraft to feature "Premium Economy" on Delta and there is only one economy product and seat pitch.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/Aircraft/airbus-a350.html

Thanks for all your insight, but we are looking at comfort seats, not premium economy. These are just over/under $100 upgrade and I am truly frustrated. Flightease told me one thing, my TA another. I guess I just have to wait 8 more months and hope there's seats left. BTW, we were assigned seats on both flights, Delta going and KLM back, decent seats, just not the comfort seats we'd like. If anyone knows a way around this situation, I'm all ears (or eyes, I guess).

Do you have a Delta frequent flyer account and if so, did you give those numbers to HAL and/or your TA? If so, log in and your reservations "should" show up on your account and I "think" you should be able to do the upgrade online now. Or just call Delta, give them your reservation #, and ask them directly.

Does anyone have experience with buying business class on flightease?

I just booked business with flight ease. The price for the TA portion (crossing the Atlantic) was very good.

Price for the domestic not as good but with the promo we had there was still a significant savings. Seats chosen & all done quite quickly.