Doubletree San Pedro/Restaurants???

riffatsea

1st Princess cruise-Staying at the Doubletree for one night pre cruise on Hilton pts. I don't see any restaurants on Google maps that are nearby. Any ideas for dinner/breakfast????

We usually stay in Long Beach when we cruise on Carnival but this is a Panama Canal cruise and we like to be near the port where we are embarking.

BTW I know the hotel has a restaurant but we are meeting friends for dinner who live in LA and wondered about other possibilities nearby??

1st Princess cruise-Staying at the Doubletree for one night pre cruise on Hilton pts. I don't see any restaurants on Google maps that are nearby. Any ideas for dinner/breakfast????

We usually stay in Long Beach when we cruise on Carnival but this is a Panama Canal cruise and we like to be near the port where we are embarking.

BTW I know the hotel has a restaurant but we are meeting friends for dinner who live in LA and wondered about other possibilities nearby??

The Doubletree has a nice restaurant on site for all three meals. If you want to visit a different place for supper. Doubletree has a shuttle after 5PM that will take anywhere in San Pedro .

Thanks:confused:??? I am on Trip Advisor lots but most folks in LA don't stay at the port in San Pedro and I NEVER use the restaurant reviews on that site to get ideas.

I have found some info from the LA Times but I had thought that other cruisers might know something about the cruiseport.

At work, we sometimes go to 22nd street landing for lunch. It’s not high end by any means, but if you go there for lunch or early dinner, ask for window side table and the view is nice.

It’s about 12 minute walk from Doubletree according to Google Maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, San Pedro area has good amount of population with Italian heritage. So generally speaking the Italian food there is good. I don’t have a specific restaurant to recommend though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in San Pedro for 5 days last month. We love 22nd Street Landing; we've been there 4 times in the last 2 years. Each time our meals and the service were topnotch. The Doubletree has a shuttle that will take you to restaurants in the area.

We also dined at Raffela's which we liked a lot, but the neighborhood seemed a little "iffy" while we were waiting for the Doubletree shuttle to pick us up. The food and service were excellent.

We ate at the Doubletree. Great Happy Hour Specials. Lovely views indoor and out. Free breakfast for Hilton Honor Members. Loved it.

We've booked room only in January 2019 and are Hilton Honors UK members. How do we go about getting a free brekky?

@mickrory, We are also Hilton Honors members and do not get free breakfasts at Doubletrees. Perhaps you need to have lots of points for that and be at a high level in their frequent stay program?

We generally pay for breakfast. At the nearby Doubletree in Long Beach their breakfast buffet is $25 per person. We just order a la carte and are happy with less food and a lower price.

@mickrory, We are also Hilton Honors members and do not get free breakfasts at Doubletrees. Perhaps you need to have lots of points for that and be at a high level in their frequent stay program?

We generally pay for breakfast. At the nearby Doubletree in Long Beach their breakfast buffet is $25 per person. We just order a la carte and are happy with less food and a lower price.

We stayed at the San Pedro Doubletree in March and they had a buffet price for the full buffet or a continental component. Don't recollect the cost but the continental version was reasonable and all we needed.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. We'll be at the Doubletree the beginning of November for a couple of nights. How's the food in the evening there?;)

There is a menu on-line but they were using a new one when we were there in March. We ate there with a CC group of about 25 folks and no-one complained! We will eat there in the evening next time we stay.