Port of Seatle Port Valet - Valid on Carnival?

buggerbean

Hi, I know that the port of Seattle offers a valet service where you can check your bags on the cruise ship and receive your boarding passes. I know you need to pay baggage fees, and I believe your flight needs to be after 11. Has anyone used it for Carnival? I am sailing from Seattle on the Carnival Legend to Alaska and would like to use this service find conflicting info. Has anyone used it with Carnival Legend? Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...

We used the Port Valet service last year on Holland America (Pier 91). It was fantastic! Worked perfectly! I'm not sure why Carnival doesn't use this service. However, if you go to the track your bags page on the Port Valet info site, Carnival is listed as one of the lines to choose from. We plan to use the service again in September when we sail on Princess (Pier 91).

We used the Port Valet service last year on Holland America (Pier 91). It was fantastic! Worked perfectly! I'm not sure why Carnival doesn't use this service. However, if you go to the track your bags page on the Port Valet info site, Carnival is listed as one of the lines to choose from. We plan to use the service again in September when we sail on Princess (Pier 91).

Can you explain the process a little to w? I’m looking at using it in August if I decide to fly in and out of Seattle. But I’m a little apprehensive on what the ship does to make sure you’re checked in to your flight and gets your baggage there ... thanks for any info you can give..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to! We received papers in our cabin to complete if we wanted to use the Port Valet service. They asked for your airline, flight number and record locator. It seems like we received these documents early in the cruise to have time to complete them and for the staff to have ample time to process them. If your airline charges a baggage fee, I believe those fees are added to your onboard account - I think. I've slept since then, but that's the way I remember it. At any rate, they take care of making sure any luggage fees are paid. The boarding passes and luggage tags were delivered on the last day of the cruise. It was great not having to deal with our large suitcases. We only left the ship with our carry-ons. We were skeptical, but our luggage was at the baggage claim at our final destination airport. :) I vaguely remember getting someone else's boarding passes by mistake, but Guest Services corrected it. Just read your docs closely when you receive them. Here's what their web site says:

How does the service work?

1. Complete the enrollment form on board your ship.
  2. Receive boarding passes and luggage tags in your stateroom.
  3. Ship’s staff will pick up your luggage the night before disembarkation.
  4. Enjoy hassle-free disembarkation in Seattle.
  5. Your luggage is sent from the pier to Sea-Tac Airport via secure truck and delivered to your airline. No need to check your bags at the airport.
  6. When you arrive at Sea-Tac, proceed to security.

Web site also indicates participating cruise lines and airlines:

Participating Cruise Lines

Port Valet is available from cruises docking at Smith Cove Terminal at Pier 91 and Bell Street Terminal at Pier 66.

• Carnival Cruise Line
  • Celebrity Cruises

• Holland America Line
  • Norwegian Cruise Line
  • Oceania Cruises

• Princess Cruises
  • Royal Caribbean International

Participating Airlines

• Alaska Airlines
  • American Airlines

• Delta Air Lines
  • JetBlue