Back to Back voyage restaurant table assignments

bellemere

If you do a B to B, does your table assignment change from the east leg to going west leg? Also if it does not change are you table mates the same or change?

Thanks.

I have only one such experience, a round-trip crossing on QM2 from New York to Southampton and back at a table for eight in the Britannia restaurant. In our case, we had the same table assignment for both legs of the trip but our table mates were different. On the way over, the others at our table were all disembarking in Southampton and on the return trip our table mates had all newly embarked in Southampton.

DW has food allergies, so perhaps we kept the same table assignment for the return trip in order to retain the same wait staff who were already familiar with her requirements. Or maybe it's routine to keep the same table assignment for both trips. I'm sure others will provide their experiences with back-to-back voyages to compare with ours.

Usually your table will remain the same but depending on where the rest of your table mates are getting off, you may have all the same folks or a mix or 100% new faces. On my last B-B TA I had a mix. All of the B_B people stayed and we got a few new ones to replace those who left the ship at the half way point.

During our last back to back crossings in December, our waiter asked us if we would like to change or remain in our current location a couple of days before the turn around. Since we were happy with our original location, we stayed at the same location throughout the crossings.

If you do a B to B, does your table assignment change from the east leg to going west leg? Also if it does not change are you table mates the same or change?

Thanks.

It's up to You. If you are comfortable with your table waiter and the location ( within the restaurant) then you stay where you are. Otherwise, speak to the restaurant MD.

As others have replied, maybe some of your table companions will be disembarking.

On our transatlantic last November 2 of our table companions disembarked in NY, the other 2 remained. We were all reassigned to new tables (not together) We were very surprised to receive a new table, we were never asked if we would like to remain where we were.

Did a btb crossing Soto - Ny- Soto- last year in October. As I very much liked the asigned table for the first leg- I especially asked if I could stay at that table- my wish was granted- with a complete new mix of tablemates. Which is a story in itself!

On the first night - leaving New York- for the first time in 21 years of cruising I got a weirdo at my table! Unfortunatly we were just the two of us. The weirdo did no greet ( I sat first) , did not talk- did not even look in my direction- my friendly" good evening" kept unanswered and totaly ignored. The next evening a whole new bunch of tablemates sat with me so the weeks dinners were saved and we all looked forward to each evenings dinner.

The weirdo requested a table for hisself- which he did in the first place- but was stuck with me for one evening- he was close to panik- attack when he saw me sitting there as he was seated at " MY" table. Weirdo´s request for a single table was granted as I could see walking though the Britannia Restaurant!

Okay we just booked an even more complicated one. Soton to NY followed by two weeks up and down to the Caribbean and then NY to Soton. As the middle bit includes Christmas and the New Year we would like to stay on the same table all the way through. Anybody else done this one. Luckily it's not until December 2019 so we have tons of time to sort things out. Would really appreciate any advice from anyone who has done this before.

Once in board, the restaurant manager will allocate the tables for the various sectors so simply speak to him. It really isn’t an issue.

And perhaps a tip! We had the same table every time we sailed on Arcadia, we usually knew when our next cruise was and had a word with the Maître d at the end of the cruise, requesting the same table.