laundry

cruisencrazy

Have researched this and learning all the ins and outs of laundry for WS. My question is, we are doing a 10 day and 8 day back to back, plus spending several days in Portugal before the cruise leaves. Can you purchase laundry just as one full bag like on the large cruise ships or only as a daily fee package? Was thinking of only purchasing for the second week... Thanks for your answers.

They have been offering a deal on all you can stuff into a bag but normally they give free laundry on b2b or Star Collectors which are really just b2b so I would ask. If the bookings are truly separate then yes, you could purchase just 2nd cruise. This is best I know unless something has changed. Best thing to call them and if it's free get them to note it on your confirmation and send an updated version to you. I have found it best to have it in writing as there is sometimes a communication problem between Seattle and the ships.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Have researched this and learning all the ins and outs of laundry for WS. My question is, we are doing a 10 day and 8 day back to back, plus spending several days in Portugal before the cruise leaves. Can you purchase laundry just as one full bag like on the large cruise ships or only as a daily fee package? Was thinking of only purchasing for the second week... Thanks for your answers.

Also, the stuffed bag option usually doesn't appear until 3rd day! It may have to do with how many do or don't sign up for the full cruise.

They should give you the laundry package if your cruise is over 14 days. We are doing a B2B in July for 17 days total and I called and they gave it to me.

You can't count on that. The free laundry is only shown on their site as something they do for Star Collectors. I originally had separate b2b bookings for the 13-day North Pacific Crossing and the 14-day Wonders of Alaska and Canada; 27 days total. Later, they added a Star Collector covering that pair of cruises. My agent called and asked if they would give me the laundry package since I was booked on both. Windstar wouldn't do it (though they did give me $100 OBC as a consolation).

I didn't want to switch to the Star Collector because I had booked the individual cruises when each was at a good price on 7 for 7 specials so the combined price was less than the Star Collector. Eventually, the Star Collector went on 7 for 7 for a better price than my total and I was able to switch the booking to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi - We have traveled on W.S. purchasing the laundry as needed is the way to go. Our friends purchased the package and even tho they used it almost every 2 days the cost did not justify the purchase. We used the pressing service several times, and they did an OK job, They do not have dry cleaning - so be very careful what you send out!. Ruined 2 of my husbands NEW $190.00 shirts that I told them had to be washed in cold water, hung up to dry and pressed. They were very upset they ruined the shirts , and told us to talk to the hotel manager, but we were leaving the next day for an extended land trip - so had to continue our travels without using the shirts!

Bottom line - if you are going to have basic laundry items such as underwear, socks, T-Shirts, work-out clothing, basically items that won't shrink or fade - you are safe!

I have really enjoy the laundry service on WS. I have not checked a bag in 25 years, I like to look nice, my carry on weights 3.8 lbs and I have never had a problem becausec I developed a system way back when. I ask for 2 laundry bags. One for normal wash the other cold water wash, line dry. I have them well labeled. For me it is a great convenience depending where I am and for what length the cruise is sometimes I take the package and sometimes not. Out at 8 am back by 4-5 works for me. I highly recommend it. Sorry for your ruined shirts. Happy Sailing

In warm or hot weather climates (Costa Rica, South America) we take laundry package and bring all washable clothes, nothing new or expensive. That way when my husband's no iron pants come back with an extra crease it's no big deal. Cold climates like British Isles no perspiration, no package, we just send socks, underwear, etc. and pay by the piece. In CR and Panama everything on our bodies needed to be washed and we chaged 2 or 3 times a day but only took carry on. Laundry package was great.

• 1 month later...
We have 3 back to backs and the laundry package was included. They didn’t originallly say that, but I saw it as a special on their site, called and they included it.

Yes, we had our TA call and they did the same for our b2b2b.

Also, the stuffed bag option usually doesn't appear until 3rd day! It may have to do with how many do or don't sign up for the full cruise.

How much is the "stuffed bag option" usually?

From memory around $25 but it may not be offered on each sailing. The individual pricing really isn't bad. The cruises we have not been given laundry and sent by the piece were not overly expensive. Hot climates we buy the package. Cooler climates by the piece.

From memory around $25 but it may not be offered on each sailing. The individual pricing really isn't bad. The cruises we have not been given laundry and sent by the piece were not overly expensive. Hot climates we buy the package. Cooler climates by the piece.

Thank you :-)

Slips for the stuffed bag option were in the drawer with the laundry bags at the start of my cruise. I think they said $45 not $25. I had the laundry package. I did a rough calculation on what I put into the bags anyway and it would have been about $45 with the per piece prices. This was a cold weather cruise and there was a pair of jeans and another pair of pants taking up space. I'd have had to stuff the bag pretty tightly for $45 to be a savings.

I guess for a warm weather it would be a better deal. Or one could get clever and put bulky items like jeans in one bag for the per piece price and stuff the rest in a per bag price bag.

Two bags at $45 each is getting close to the laundry package price for a week for double occupancy. So one might as well get the laundry package.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app